Notices

Prelude SH h22 300hp FI

Old 04-30-2013, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prelude SH h22 300hp FI

Ok I've only done a little bit of researching about FI and I'm getting a lil confused lol! I'm gonna share what I've learned so far and hopefully I'm in the right track here
Here's the deal, I want to turbo my lude for next summer. Target hp is 300hp. Low boost 8psi. Budget 5-6k. Gonna use it for winter DD and drag at the strip. I know I need a setup that is something bigger for higher rpm power, which would be better for dd, so i can stay out of full boost when i wanna save on gas. But I also want it to have decent low end acceleration.

The plan:
-swap a healthier h22 engine
-build the engine for boost 8psi(ppl say I can leave it stock?) but I'm gonna build it just to be on the safe side and have a reliable engine. This is where my head started spinning lol
• so what do I do to the engine? Build the buttom end? Lower compression to 9:0.1? etc...?

Parts list:
Turbo - I heard t3/t4 hybrid are good for dd? Any recommendation on this?
Manifold - log mani
Injectors - 550cc
Wastegate
BOV
Intercooler
Intercooler piping
Downpipe/dumptube
Oil lines
Fuel pump - intank walbro 255lph pump
Engine management - Hondata S300
Gauges - boost, oil pressure, egt, o2 etc...

I might have missed some parts but I've only begun, got hella more to learn. I hope I'm in the right track with my start.
Any advice are welcome!

I know down the road there will be other issue because its a SH but I'm not that far with my research, that's another story... tbc... Lol.

Thank y'all in advance!
Old 04-30-2013, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Prelude SH h22 300hp FI

You've got a long way to go there... You need to know what all of these parts do and how they work together. You need to research a lot, from different brands for all those parts to what compression ratio to run. Your budget should be plenty for a solid set up. For only 300hp you will not need to do anything to the block. Do you even know that the h22 has FRM sleeves? So building the bottom end isn't going to be as easy as you think.
Gl though, I hope it goes well
Old 04-30-2013, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Timmerrr
You've got a long way to go there... You need to know what all of these parts do and how they work together. You need to research a lot, from different brands for all those parts to what compression ratio to run. Your budget should be plenty for a solid set up. For only 300hp you will not need to do anything to the block. Do you even know that the h22 has FRM sleeves? So building the bottom end isn't going to be as easy as you think.
Gl though, I hope it goes well
Yeah I knew h22 has FRM sleeves meaning I would have to iron sleeve it right? What bottom end work have to be done?
Old 04-30-2013, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You would need at least dry sleeves which aren't too pricy and more than fine for your power goal. They just replace the inner FRM sleeve so you can run after market pistons. There is the mahale gold pistons but if you are concerned about reliability that wouldn't be the route I would go.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello,

I was at the same stand point once, I suggest just read on a G23 hybrid.

The F23 block means, longer stroke better torque (hopefully) and IRON sleves OEM.

You should be in the green with it.

Regards
Old 05-01-2013, 08:58 AM
I live under a rock

If you're SH trim, you'll want to ditch the ATTS and convert to a base trans. The atts goes nuts around 300whp and renders the car worthless.

Read all the FAQ/Stickies, in this section and the prelude forum. Turbo'd preludes have been covered and documented very well on this site.

I suggest taking a year just to learn/research/source parts, and do the install the following year.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So sleeve the block to run forged pistons. forged rods, piston ring set, polished and balanced crank, aftermarket main and rod bearings, head and main studs. Am I missing anything for the bottom end build?

Originally Posted by spoolinlude
If you're SH trim, you'll want to ditch the ATTS and convert to a base trans. The atts goes nuts around 300whp and renders the car worthless.

Read all the FAQ/Stickies, in this section and the prelude forum. Turbo'd preludes have been covered and documented very well on this site.

I suggest taking a year just to learn/research/source parts, and do the install the following year.
Yeah that's gonna be my pre turbo project, gonna do SH to base conversion. Engine, tranny and axles.

Won't be doing the turbo project till next summer so it's about a year of learning and research.

Thanks all!!!
Old 05-01-2013, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Upgrading the mains is not necessary at all and it will mean you have to do a line bore.