Notices

Precision injectors...What makes them better than RC?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Precision injectors...What makes them better than RC?

They're supposed to be cheaper, but I guess due to their popularity are now more expensive. What's the max hp that the 525 saturated will handle, and does anyone know of any plans to release larger saturated like RC did?
Old 07-15-2004, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Precision injectors...What makes them better than RC? (B16A Grenade)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16A Grenade &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They're supposed to be cheaper, but I guess due to their popularity are now more expensive. What's the max hp that the 525 saturated will handle, and does anyone know of any plans to release larger saturated like RC did?</TD></TR></TABLE>

from what i have been told. most higher hp applications prefer peak & hold style injectors dude to more consistant spray pattern and also response time.

That MAY be one of the reasons why Precision has not yet wanted or foucsed on the saturated injectors.

BTW I Believe ... 525cc injectors (if you can find them, cause they mainly come in 550cc) could support up to 425whp easly.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Precision injectors...What makes them better than RC? (Charlie Moua)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Charlie Moua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

BTW I Believe ... 525cc injectors (if you can find them, cause they mainly come in 550cc) could support up to 425whp easly. </TD></TR></TABLE>

my Bosch 550s maxed out at around 343 hp.
Old 07-16-2004, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Precision injectors...What makes them better than RC? (Hatch4urSnatch)

Aside from the peak and hold issue, are the spray patterns better than RCs if I buy saturated? I heard that the Precision flow rating is lower than they claim, so I wonder if going up to 525 would be a waste of time? Maybe I should just stick with RC 650 or 750 if that's the case.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Precision injectors...What makes them better than RC? (B16A Grenade)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16A Grenade &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Aside from the peak and hold issue, are the spray patterns better than RCs if I buy saturated? I heard that the Precision flow rating is lower than they claim, so I wonder if going up to 525 would be a waste of time? Maybe I should just stick with RC 650 or 750 if that's the case.</TD></TR></TABLE>

PTE's injectors up to 880CC's are the same price, so why not just jump to the 880's.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Saturated injectors larger than 550cc are rarely seen because they are very expensive to manufacture. In order to keep costs down, RC puts together A LOT of the large staurated injectors.
Old 07-17-2004, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Precision injectors...What makes them better than RC? (ben@importparts.com)

Thanks for the explanation Ben.

boosted92, what are PTE injectors? They make 880s in saturated?
Old 07-17-2004, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

"Peak and hold injectors are fired at 4 to 6 Amps, through a ballast resistor, and then fold back to 1 - 2 Amps for the duration of the injection event. They are also known as "fold back" Injectors. Peak and hold injectors are faster responding than Saturated injectors by as much as 1 to 1.5 Ms. They are activated with more power at opening than the saturated types (4-6 Amps vs. .75 -1 Amp.). Peak and hold injectors will maintain injection delivery, cycle to cycle, continuity more accurately than the saturated type. This is particularly true and even more important in high-pressure (75 - 100+ PSI) systems. "

PATTERNS Of the 6 Basic metering devices used today -- Pintle (Bosch / Nippon -Denso type), Ball and socket (Rochester), Radius Rod (Siemens), Swirl plate (some Mitsubishi), Diffuser/Pintle Type (Toyota - and some models of all makes) Air feed Atomizers (many makes for emissions reasons) and the Disc Type used exclusively by Lucas. The atomization and pattern width will increase on single discharge pintle type injectors at, higher pressures. The Lucas Disc type does not deviate as severely. Dual discharge, diffuser type, pintle injectors don't change atomization quality, at higher pressures, like the single pintle discharge injectors. Dual discharge injectors target the fuel toward the valve stem and reduce wall wetting, (puddling) behind the valve. These injectors are not high atomizers but targeted delivery types. "
Old 07-17-2004, 05:20 PM

Default Re: Precision injectors...What makes them better than RC? (MachAF)

Insert rant here about how running peak and hold resistors through a resistor box is somewhat of hack and possibly eliminates the benfit of faster (cripser) opening times.

-PHiZ
Old 07-18-2004, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Precision injectors...What makes them better than RC? (MachAF)

Good info MachAF, thanks!

PHiZ, I don't want to run peak and hold. Just out of curiosity, is there a proper way to use them other than using a resistor box? What about the inline resistors that some people use from Radio Shack?

Old 07-18-2004, 10:35 AM
GSRswapandslow.

maybe an injector driver would solve the hack problem, no?
Old 07-18-2004, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Precision injectors...What makes them better than RC? (PHiZ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PHiZ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Insert rant here about how running peak and hold resistors through a resistor box is somewhat of hack and possibly eliminates the benfit of faster (cripser) opening times.

-PHiZ</TD></TR></TABLE>

Bastard! I wanted to rant!
Old 07-18-2004, 10:38 PM

Default Re: Precision injectors...What makes them better than RC? (J. Davis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J. Davis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Bastard! I wanted to rant!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I thought that it was understood that when someone posted "insert rant here" it was like the bat signal in the sky for you to come a-running.

-PHiZ
Old 07-19-2004, 04:17 AM
GSRswapandslow.

joseph sure does have a lot of sand up his vigina....you'd think it's be sand free by now