Notices

Precision GT35r water lines????

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Precision GT35r water lines????

I have a brand new precision gt35r and I have noticed people talking about water coolant lines. How do you hook them up and can some please post pictures of the lines installed on the turbo and where do you hook the other side of the line up to? also are these needed? and lastly what size line are you guys using if you are using them. any help would be greatly aprreciated.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Precision GT35r water lines???? (ProjectBoosted)

yes they are needed, they will help cool the turbo and allow for less/no turbo timing......

There is more than one way to hook up the lines, and more than one size or type of line you can use. . .
Old 04-11-2007, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Precision GT35r water lines???? (m R g S r)

Can someone please post pictures or let me know what they are using? also where do you run the other side of the lines to? PLEASE HELP!!!
Old 04-11-2007, 10:43 AM

http://tunertoys.zoovy.com/product/WPAD
Old 04-11-2007, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Precision GT35r water lines???? (95jeremie)

This show a flange for the D-series but i did not see one for B-series. Are they the same? or is this a place I can order one for a b-series? Thank you for you help.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Are people just afraid to post pics of there engine bay? Come on don't be shy and help me out! show off all that hard work under the hood
Old 04-11-2007, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

help out please
Old 04-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i thought they wernt needed? maybe i was mis-informed...
Old 04-11-2007, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

SEARCH is your friend!

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1920697

you do not need to run the coolant lines BUT if you dont use the lines you totally void the warranty on your turbo so the decision is up to you!
Old 04-11-2007, 09:35 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (jdmef-9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95jeremie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://tunertoys.zoovy.com/product/WPAD</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks Jeremie!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ProjectBoosted &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This show a flange for the D-series but i did not see one for B-series. Are they the same? or is this a place I can order one for a b-series? Thank you for you help.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That product is for the D Series heads only. We are working on the B heads next, but won't have them ready for a bit.

Running water lines is worth it, so much so that all of the OEM turbos we've seen, all have the water jackets. Car manufacturers do this because they want to ensure that their turbo vehicles will make it throught the warranty period, with all types of drivers.

Water cooling adds that extra measure of safety, to ensure that oil temps inside the turbo housing do not reach a high enough level to begin degrading the oil and cause coking of the bearings/bushings. For the extra few minutes of work, and the minimal additional cost, you could save yourself a costly rebuild on a turbo.

For race vehicles this isn't as much of an issue. Runs are short, and oil changes are frequent. For a daily driver however, where you run for extended periods of driving time, and change oil less frequently, I presonally think that water lines are a must.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ProjectBoosted &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How do you hook them up and can some please post pictures of the lines installed on the turbo and where do you hook the other side of the line up to? also are these needed? and lastly what size line are you guys using if you are using them. any help would be greatly aprreciated.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The water lines are connected into the cooling system in two places. One high pressure, and one low pressure. You can basically tap into the system just about anywhere, putting the lines flow-wise on separate sides of the water pump. Some folks tee into the water heater core lines.

On the turbo, there is no real distinction between in and out, especially if the turbo is clocked where the water ports are level.

We do offer a basic line kit for making the connections on the turbo end, with enough line to run to just about anywhere in the engine bay. It's $35 plus shipping, and includes a couple of different angle fittings for the turbo water ports. It does not include fittings for the engine side, because different folks connect to the cooling system in different ways.

You can get away with running 3/8NPT fittings on most T3 class turbos, and 5/16s or larger line to the cooliong system.

Hope that helps,

Craig