Notices

Precision 8xx CC injector clip issue, 1995 Integra GSR

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 08:14 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Precision 8xx CC injector clip issue, 1995 Integra GSR

Howdy fellas. My friend, Sean, is installing a turbo on his 1995 GSR, complete with Precision 800-something CC injectors and a Walboro 255lph fuel pump. All is well in the pump department, but the injectors have me puzzled. It seems as if the injector clips on the stock harness are for OBDII injectors and, as such, they do not fit the Precision injectors ordered for an OBDI vehicle. Yes, I already tried shaving off the little ridges, etc. and it did no good.

Now here's the really strange part - I tried putting one of them on my OBDI Civic Si harness and it STILL WOULDN'T FIT! I was very disconcerted at this discovery because the $300 injectors that are supposed to be tuned with the car on Friday are seemingly impossible to hook up.

Any advice? Is there an answer from Precision - obviously I can't call them at this hour - or anyone who has had this issue in the past? If there are specific clips, I would love to know about it before I further butcher anything

Thanks, gentlemen.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Precision 8xx CC injector clip issue, 1995 Integra GSR (Archidictus)

So your saying you cut the plastic ridge in the center of each injector out ?
(Not injector clip)
Old 07-17-2007, 09:09 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Precision 8xx CC injector clip issue, 1995 Integra GSR (mtber)

The Precision injector is a Rochester Lucas injector that uses an EV1 clip (doesn't really go by OBD1 or OBDII) check with Precision for the EV1 clips to use for that application. That is why the don't "FIT"
Old 07-17-2007, 11:28 PM
Unceasing Measure

Default Re: Precision 8xx CC injector clip issue, 1995 Integra GSR (TheShodan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheShodan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The Precision injector is a Rochester Lucas injector that uses an EV1 clip (doesn't really go by OBD1 or OBDII) check with Precision for the EV1 clips to use for that application. That is why the don't "FIT"</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks!
Old 07-18-2007, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Precision 8xx CC injector clip issue, 1995 Integra GSR (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Howdy fellas. My friend, Sean, is installing a turbo on his 1995 GSR, complete with Precision 800-something CC injectors and a Walboro 255lph fuel pump. All is well in the pump department, but the injectors have me puzzled. It seems as if the injector clips on the stock harness are for OBDII injectors and, as such, they do not fit the Precision injectors ordered for an OBDI vehicle. Yes, I already tried shaving off the little ridges, etc. and it did no good.

Now here's the really strange part - I tried putting one of them on my OBDI Civic Si harness and it STILL WOULDN'T FIT! I was very disconcerted at this discovery because the $300 injectors that are supposed to be tuned with the car on Friday are seemingly impossible to hook up.

Any advice? Is there an answer from Precision - obviously I can't call them at this hour - or anyone who has had this issue in the past? If there are specific clips, I would love to know about it before I further butcher anything

Thanks, gentlemen.</TD></TR></TABLE>

they should fit the obd1 injector clips
Old 07-18-2007, 09:15 AM
Unceasing Measure

Default Re: Precision 8xx CC injector clip issue, 1995 Integra GSR (red_crx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by red_crx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

they should fit the obd1 injector clips</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well they don't. I've tried forward and backward, with and without the little plastic ridges on the inside and outside of the clip, etc. and it made no difference. It's really freaking me out.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thats really wierd. I've never had a problem with them; can you take a pic of the injector clips you are trying to use?
Old 07-18-2007, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Precision 8xx CC injector clip issue, 1995 Integra GSR (red_crx)

you have to trim up the injector. take a look @ clip and injector closely and you will see what we are talking about. I used a chissel type xacto knife and got them to fit in a matter of minutes.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:58 PM
Unceasing Measure

Default Re: Precision 8xx CC injector clip issue, 1995 Integra GSR (ladysman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ladysman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you have to trim up the injector. take a look @ clip and injector closely and you will see what we are talking about. I used a chissel type xacto knife and got them to fit in a matter of minutes.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I already did that and it still didn't fit. The only reason I'm asking is because I've never run into an injector that I couldn't work with. I've trimmed injector plugs before to great success, but this one is boggling me. It's cool though. The buddy of mine already ordered the precision clips for it, so I won't have to hack-and-slash to make her work.

Next time - B18C1 at 10psi
Old 07-19-2007, 02:05 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I already did that and it still didn't fit. The only reason I'm asking is because I've never run into an injector that I couldn't work with. I've trimmed injector plugs before to great success, but this one is boggling me. It's cool though. The buddy of mine already ordered the precision clips for it, so I won't have to hack-and-slash to make her work.

Next time - B18C1 at 10psi </TD></TR></TABLE>

If you could , post a picture of said clip from Precision. They are more than likely EV1 clips that originally off of a FORD.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:13 PM

as you seem to tell everyone else..why dont you take it to a shop....