Notices

Posting stock block as a cheap alternative to sleeving...?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Posting stock block as a cheap alternative to sleeving...?

Like the topic says:

I know people pushing 600whp on stock sleeves.

So for a .25 over bore, and not a whole lot of hoopla in raising the boost, why not just post the block and do rods + pistons + fun quick spooling turbo and call it a day?

I'm not a fan of block guards, but posting would be great so I can continue to rev out to 9200+ without worries.

Thoughts?
Old 01-23-2006, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Posting stock block as a cheap alternative to sleeving...? (Black R)

I can agree with that. Heres the thing, people see others making all this power and say wow thats ******* sweet, but what they dont realize is that its not going to get them anywhere unless they are runng 22-24 inch slicks. I have ridden in 250hp cars and i have been in 800hp cars, honestly a 250 hp hatchback that pretty much will hook is fun as ****, and will keep up with, and beat tons of street cars. I recently had the honar of going for a ride in a 700hp Supra, the car didnt want to go anywhere but sideways until it was over 80mph, somewhat annoying if its a street car.

Well i guess i am babbling but i think its more fun to have a mild 300-400hp car for the street and nothing more, something that gives you a more conservative spool and power delivery, and doesnt make you hold the wheel like its running away from you when you want to go through some gears, plus all these people just love to tell pwople that they are runing X amount of boost and make X amount of HP, but it means nothing cuz its just a dyno *****.

Just my two cents on the matter.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Posting stock block as a cheap alternative to sleeving...? (Black R)

posting is controversial, there's a lot of force acting upon a sleeve that's in danger of cracking, the post isn't going to do much to stop **** from hitting the fan... It's good for reducing slight cylinder movement but all out cracks (as result of overboosting or something) it's not going to do much. also since it's cheap, many people don't do it right...

post away... just keep your eyes on the tuning!!!!
Old 01-24-2006, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks guys.

I'm not looking at posting as a way to bulletproof the sleeves. I know they're only as good as the tuning.

But I like high rpm stability - which is something that the posting might be able to help out a bit and provide...

Heck, what's wrong with posting + block guard for some cheap stability? lol
Old 01-24-2006, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Black R)

The blockgaurd will probably cause much more harm than good, if you're already posted it's not going to do **** to stabilize the cylinders but make the top of the cylinder run hotter and reduce your engine's potential. The blockgaurd is really less effective than posting in so many ways. The top of the cylinders isn't where you want to be stabilizing things, since the cracks are going to form at the thrust axis in theory. The blockgaurd will just expletive you in the *** on so many levels.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Justin Jones)

So posting solo it is!