Notices

POST UP SOME INTERIOR PICS FROM TURBO'D CARS!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 04:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default POST UP SOME INTERIOR PICS FROM TURBO'D CARS!

Not sure if this is the right placr but anyways.....Just like what the title says....POST UP SOME INTERIOR PICS FROM TURBO'D CARS...I just like how cool it looks....with the gauges, turbo timer and all those electronics....especially if it clean. Creativity is a plus.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:00 AM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: POST UP SOME INTERIOR PICS FROM TURBO'D CARS! (rod64)

2 gauges mounted to the a pillar bar. i went for the bare bones approach. just a boost gauge tach and wideband. trying to keep it as clean as i can.

Modified by boostedcivicsir at 7:26 AM 5/5/2007
Old 05-05-2007, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: POST UP SOME INTERIOR PICS FROM TURBO'D CARS! (boostedcivicsir)

The 3 gauges in the old vent location are air fuel, EGT, and boost. The switch on the dash is used to check for CEL's and the gauge underneath that is water temp.

Dyno day!
Old 05-05-2007, 07:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

simple as possible. boost controller underneath the radio.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Boost controller and eq in the glove box. EGT, boost, and oil pressure in the center vent area. PLX wideband above steering wheel. I think it turned out pretty clean.

Old 05-05-2007, 08:23 AM
jdizzle!

Default Re: POST UP SOME INTERIOR PICS FROM TURBO'D CARS! (bellsdelsol)

post in a/c thread
Old 05-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: POST UP SOME INTERIOR PICS FROM TURBO'D CARS! (jdizzle!)

good thread just move it to a/c and let it live on
Old 05-05-2007, 11:42 AM
BCICAN

Default Re: POST UP SOME INTERIOR PICS FROM TURBO'D CARS! (alex_s817)

Old Steering Wheel:

New Steering Wheel: (I'll take a better quality one soon)
Old 05-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: POST UP SOME INTERIOR PICS FROM TURBO'D CARS!

Old 05-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh hell yeah, I gotta show this masterpiece off:

I went for a minimalist approach, no dash, door panels, etc. Notice the dynamic contrast achieved by utilising one cloth seat and one vinyl seat. I kept the cloth on the left, that's some serious feng shui action right there:

Custom guage cluster, got a programmable LCD display zip-tied to the center of the steering column support and boost/oil-pressure to either side. Again I tried to keep the milieu dynamic with the use of contrasting elements, bolted-down black-face guage on the left and zip-tied white-face guage on the right. I still don't have the fuel guage installed yet, haven't determined the proper placement necessary to maintain the harmonious flow of the guage ensemble. Also note the cheap-*** ebay fake spoon wheel, an intentionally proletariat accent designed to keep the whole from achieving too polished an appearance, gotta keep it real:

And of course the passenger accomodations, a simple metal firewall adorned with ECU, ignition controller, and wideband controller, aesthetically arranged in a fractal pattern. I would call it "clean", but since I never actually clean it, it's pretty damn filthy:

And of course the rear compartment, in keeping with my theme of simplicity, is adorned simply with a "JDM Bronze" strut bar, because I'm all JDM like that:

Forgive me if I digress, as this next shot isn't actually of the interior, but of an exterior feature that I think really ties my interior thematic elements together. This is the funky mold-like crud that grows on the roof of the car, I call it "Teppi", after my ex-wife:

Old 05-06-2007, 12:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: POST UP SOME INTERIOR PICS FROM TURBO'D CARS! (rmcdaniels)

^^***** sick right there^^
Old 05-06-2007, 12:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rmcdaniels &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This is the funky mold-like crud that grows on the roof of the car, I call it "Teppi", after my ex-wife</TD></TR></TABLE>

So, I just spit water alllllll over my keyboard
Old 05-06-2007, 02:03 AM

Damn hahaha. Did you jack that shifter from a UPS truck?
Old 05-06-2007, 04:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: POST UP SOME INTERIOR PICS FROM TURBO'D CARS! (Dirtfall)

I am sure the car gets the job done instead of looking all pretty and nice shifter
Old 05-06-2007, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rmcdaniels &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I went for a minimalist approach, no dash, door panels, etc. Notice the dynamic contrast achieved by utilising one cloth seat and one vinyl seat. I kept the cloth on the left, that's some serious feng shui action right there:

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I heard proper feng shui significantly cuts down on lap times...any truth to that?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rmcdaniels &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Forgive me if I digress, as this next shot isn't actually of the interior, but of an exterior feature that I think really ties my interior thematic elements together. This is the funky mold-like crud that grows on the roof of the car, I call it "Teppi", after my ex-wife:

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Any aero benefits from the "mold-like crud"? I would guess the crud kind acts like the wake vorticies some of the Evos come with... Sorry to use such technical terms, but I'm unsure of the common term for said crud.

And of course the passenger accomodations, a simple metal firewall adorned with ECU, ignition controller, and wideband controller, aesthetically arranged in a fractal pattern. I would call it "clean", but since I never actually clean it, it's pretty damn filthy:

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Looks clean enough that your ex-wife could eat off it...

All in all
Old 05-06-2007, 10:36 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rmcdaniels &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oh hell yeah, I gotta show this masterpiece off:

Custom guage cluster, got a programmable LCD display zip-tied to the center of the steering column support and boost/oil-pressure to either side. Again I tried to keep the milieu dynamic with the use of contrasting elements, bolted-down black-face guage on the left and zip-tied white-face guage on the right. I still don't have the fuel guage installed yet, haven't determined the proper placement necessary to maintain the harmonious flow of the guage ensemble. Also note the cheap-*** ebay fake spoon wheel, an intentionally proletariat accent designed to keep the whole from achieving too polished an appearance, gotta keep it real:

And of course the rear compartment, in keeping with my theme of simplicity, is adorned simply with a "JDM Bronze" strut bar, because I'm all JDM like that:

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Man, you beat me to the punch! Mine is almost the exact same. This is the only pic I have at the moment, I will have to take more soon. Pic was before the turbo but pretty much the same as now.

Old 05-06-2007, 10:36 AM

rmcdaniels:

A++++ will read again
Old 05-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: POST UP SOME INTERIOR PICS FROM TURBO'D CARS! (siblues)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by siblues &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am sure the car gets the job done instead of looking all pretty and nice shifter </TD></TR></TABLE>

its the fastline performance shifter i ordered one in a group buy from here hopefully it will be here in the middle or end of may considering i paid for it in march
Old 05-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: POST UP SOME INTERIOR PICS FROM TURBO'D CARS! (tony413)

Damn, I just had a local shop order my Fastline and picked it up when it came in a few days later. I love it, much better than my old B&M short shifter or the stocker. A friend of mine has one on his track car and swears by it too. You'll probably love it whenever you finally get it
Old 05-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i made it, and i do make them for ppl if anyone is gonna ask, lol
Old 05-06-2007, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: POST UP SOME INTERIOR PICS FROM TURBO'D CARS! (Dual Cam Racing)

I love my ricer steering wheel hand thing, it is so nice when it is 95 out and the wheel is burning hot. The ebay special lives on!!!

Old 05-06-2007, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 05-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: POST UP SOME INTERIOR PICS FROM TURBO'D CARS! (Dual Cam Racing)

how did you do that mount for the wideband?
Old 05-06-2007, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: POST UP SOME INTERIOR PICS FROM TURBO'D CARS! (alex_s817)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alex_s817 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how did you do that mount for the wideband?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Who was that question directed to?
Old 05-06-2007, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: POST UP SOME INTERIOR PICS FROM TURBO'D CARS! (SOHCD16y8)

looks like Velcro

Quick Reply: POST UP SOME INTERIOR PICS FROM TURBO'D CARS!