Notices

Possible Turbo Setup. Opinions wanted.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible Turbo Setup. Opinions wanted.

I know alot of people disagree with going Turbo on an R, but I am thinking about it and wanted some opinions on my setup up, which is as follows:

Garrett T3/T04e 60 Trim .63 A/R Turbine
--COMPRESSOR SPECS:
----.60 A/R HOUSING
----60 TRIM WHEEL
--TURBINE SPECS:
----.63 A/R HOUSING
----STAGE 3 WHEEL
----standard with 270 degree thrust bearing
----oil lubricated centersection.

Inline Pro Manifold
Spearco Intercooler
Rev Hard Intercooler Piping
Turbo XS RFL BOV (Greddy Type S *PENDING*)
TiAL 35mm Wastgate
Custom 3in Downpipe (w/ Flexpipe *PENDING*)
550cc Injectors
Hondata S200 w/ Boost
Greddy Profec B Spec II
Defi Boost Gauge
Greddy Turbo Timer

My plan would be to run 6 or possible 7 psi on stock internals, of course tuned very well, until next year. And next year I plan to build the motor and boost no more that 14-16 psi (10 psi daily).

Any opinions on choice of turbo, turbo size, or anything else you think is too much or not enough.

Thanks,
Jason

edit: injector size

Modified by Type R Driven15 at 11:28 PM 6/23/2003
Old 06-23-2003, 08:15 PM

Default Re: Possible Turbo Setup. Opinions wanted. (Type R Driven15)

I think I'd go with bigger injectors, since your gonna build it out in a year anyways....450's ?
Old 06-23-2003, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that sounds like a really nice setup........3 things i would change or go with.....deffinately get the flexpipe, or else your prolly gonna have either manifold or exhuast breaking problems, and deffinately get at least some 550 injectors.......maybe even bigger, especially if your planning on building the motor........and on the bov it's most prefference but i'm sure alot of people will tell you that the type s is bomb........it sounds way better then any other bov i've heard, and thats what i'm running on my car.....
Old 06-23-2003, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Possible Turbo Setup. Opinions wanted. (Prod)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Prod &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think I'd go with bigger injectors, since your gonna build it out in a year anyways....450's ?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea I thought about it...depends on the price difference cause I am already looking at 4.5 g's, but then again better to do it right the first time.
Old 06-23-2003, 08:23 PM

Id invest in a better fuel setup, ei as stated before, bigger injectors, a walbro, fuel rail, and a good FPR would be a good idea.
Old 06-23-2003, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yup man definately bigger injectors, scout the classifieds like me, 24/7 no sleep! heh
Old 06-23-2003, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Possible Turbo Setup. Opinions wanted. (TwistedHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TwistedHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that sounds like a really nice setup........3 things i would change or go with.....deffinately get the flexpipe, or else your prolly gonna have either manifold or exhuast breaking problems, and deffinately get at least some 550 injectors.......maybe even bigger, especially if your planning on building the motor........and on the bov it's most prefference but i'm sure alot of people will tell you that the type s is bomb........it sounds way better then any other bov i've heard, and thats what i'm running on my car..... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks, I have been researching alot of this stuff for quite a while, and finally decided to put a kit together **on paper for now**
So you think 550's huh? Do you know any websites that sell them. Most of the ones I find don't sell what I am looking for. You don't by chance have any video or sound clips of your car.

And I think I will definitely get a flex pipe I didn't realize I could break my manifold by not getting one.
Old 06-23-2003, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Possible Turbo Setup. Opinions wanted. (MordecaiPSI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MordecaiPSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Id invest in a better fuel setup, ei as stated before, bigger injectors, a walbro, fuel rail, and a good FPR would be a good idea.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Already have a Walbro fuel pump, and FPR. Seems to be the concensus to get bigger injectors, so I will put that on the list.
Old 06-23-2003, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Possible Turbo Setup. Opinions wanted. (int3gra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by int3gra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yup man definately bigger injectors, scout the classifieds like me, 24/7 no sleep! heh</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha, I am in the classifieds alot. Nothing wrong with 2nd hand stuff for somethings.
Old 06-23-2003, 11:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dont' have any vids or sound clips of my car wish i did...but hey on the topic of injectors...i have some rc injectors, they are 860cc's i would have used them but got a sick deal on my buddies fuel setup and hondata after he blew his engine...i went with 75lb delphi's instead, wich come out to be about 780 wich should be fine for up to say 500hp....i'm not too sure what they are worth, i'll see if i can find out, i've had them for like almost a year...and never got around to using them but make me an offer or something if your interested
Old 06-24-2003, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh really. Well I don't know retail for them, but I am about to have $300 to spend so I know I could offer that...dunno if thats enough. Cause I am just now about to start piecing this setup together. So if I buy them, it would be the first thing I buy for it.

edit: typos
Old 06-24-2003, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats a possibility, i just noticed you had a zex nitrous kit for sale?? what does that all include......and i'm not sure retail either i know there above 500 but that sounds like around what i'd sell them for.....or maybe trade for the zex kit if you still got it, i'll do some research.....
Old 06-24-2003, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea I still got the kit. Its still hooked up and works, so I have everything, would include, bottle, brackets, purge kit, all solenoids, wiring, ZEX computer, activation buttons etc.. I would trade, but I already have a buyer, he is supposed to buy it next week, but if he doesn't I will definitely consider trading!
Old 06-24-2003, 11:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

alright, just let me know what happens.....thanks
Old 06-25-2003, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ttt... back to the setup