Notices

PLX wideband noise filtering caps...

Old 11-28-2011, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLX wideband noise filtering caps...

With these noise filtering caps plx recommends them being close to the application but the wires are too far apart to install them by the s300 , can I just install them by the plug going into the plx box? Also can I solder these caps without damaging them? They seem pretty tiny.. I also clipped my factory o2 wire going to the ecu and soldered the narrowband output from the plx box to the pig tail from where I clipped the factory o2 wire, is this ok to do? And just disable the O2 heater in hondata? Thanks
Old 11-29-2011, 02:52 AM
R.I.P. Mark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: PLX wideband noise filtering caps...

what PLX have you got as i dont have any in my Kit or in the instructions

But if you need to fit the caps (Ceranmic Capacoitors) they are very heat stable you will not kill them with a soldering iron at all
also fit them where they are to stop the noise ie if its nosie going into the plx fit as close to the plx as possible or ECU do the same close as possible to the input...

if fitted close to the sensor the wires can still have noise induced before the signal is read at either the ECU or PLX

Hope this helps
MrGrim
Old 11-29-2011, 03:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: PLX wideband noise filtering caps...

Originally Posted by MRGRIM
what PLX have you got as i dont have any in my Kit or in the instructions

But if you need to fit the caps (Ceranmic Capacoitors) they are very heat stable you will not kill them with a soldering iron at all
also fit them where they are to stop the noise ie if its nosie going into the plx fit as close to the plx as possible or ECU do the same close as possible to the input...

if fitted close to the sensor the wires can still have noise induced before the signal is read at either the ECU or PLX

Hope this helps
MrGrim
I have the drm5 with safr combo I believe it is ...yea thanks it was helpful but they want them by the ecu but the plx box is only 2 feet from the ecu and its much more practical to put them by the plx output plug , would that be ok?