Notices

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME...TURBO KIT HUGE PROBLEM...NEED HELP ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME...TURBO KIT HUGE PROBLEM...NEED HELP ASAP

well this weekend me and 2 of my buddies installed an edelbrock turbo kit on my d16y8 (the kit comes with a GT18R turbo) everything went together fine, put in the oil and the coolant, disconnected the spark plug wires so we could get oil to the turbo before we started it , we went to crank it over and nothing happened(this is little problem #1) now for the big big promlem...there was coolant leaking from between the downpipe and cat...there was coolant leaking from the bottom of the turbo on the exhaust side. how the hell do you get a **** load of coolant into the exhaust and why would the new turbo leak coolant...it was just freely leaking as the engine would not even crank over...i am currently using my uncles garage because he is on vacation and he is letting me borrow his truck so i need to have it fixed by this coming weekend, whether it can be fixed or if i have to put it right back to stock, please give me some suggestions!!!
Old 04-03-2005, 06:45 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME...TURBO KIT HUGE PROBLEM...NEED HELP ASAP (sTohc99)

you most likely got the oil and coolant lines mixed up... double check those