Notices

please Help with wastegate on drag gen3??

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2002, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please Help with wastegate on drag gen3??

i have a b16a 94` HB, just fitted the complete kit, but i found theres a vacum source on the side of the WG, at first i had the vacum connected on the top of the wastegate 'labelled vacum' straight to the compressor of the t3/t4, the motor was flying!!!. now that i've found it should be connected to the side of the wastegate, i connected it but the bloody thing has gone much slower!! my bov doesnt even kick in?? i've just left it running without the vacum source at the moment, but can someone help me with what is the problem???

thanx...
Old 10-17-2002, 10:16 AM

Default Re: please Help with wastegate on drag gen3?? (sunny79)

i have a b16a 94` HB, just fitted the complete kit, but i found theres a vacum source on the side of the WG, at first i had the vacum connected on the top of the wastegate 'labelled vacum' straight to the compressor of the t3/t4, the motor was flying!!!. now that i've found it should be connected to the side of the wastegate, i connected it but the bloody thing has gone much slower!! my bov doesnt even kick in?? i've just left it running without the vacum source at the moment, but can someone help me with what is the problem
thanx...
whenyou had it hooked to the top source your wastegate was not regulating boost properly, it was always open! Bad thing.
Old 10-17-2002, 10:47 AM

Default Re: please Help with wastegate on drag gen3?? (tygsr)

are you running a boost guage? how much are you boosting? by unhooking the vac hose your effectivly not using the wastegate.. this means you will be boosting as much as the turbo can go.. My guess is that your first run was in the 16+ psi range and now that its regulated to 10psi it feels slow.
Old 10-17-2002, 11:46 AM

Default Re: please Help with wastegate on drag gen3?? (Overblown-Teg)

the wastegate is set at 7psi, so that means earlier i was pushing maximum from my turbo? that felt better, now with that tied up my car is running slower. would the engine or turbo result in damage if i left the vacum off?
Old 10-17-2002, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: please Help with wastegate on drag gen3?? (sunny79)

The side of the wastegate connects into a vacuum source off the manifold. The top of the wastegate is for a boostcontroller. You dont need to hook up anything at the top.