Old 05-17-2004, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help -- Transmission / Clutch Trouble with the Boosted GSR

cliff notes:
- car starts in neutral but wont go into gear
- car barely/doesnt start in first, it bucks and hesitates
- grinding/screeching noise like metal touching metal

full version:
I am having major problems with my turbo integra gsr. it started yesterday after driving spiritedly on the way home. everything was fine. later that night i had to go to the store, i notice that the car is making a funny grinding screeching noise. but before i get to the store, the sound goes away. so i think that everything is fine. then on the way home, i drive it a little aggressively and the noise comes back. it is only in first gear and partial engagement, but it goes away once the clutch is fully disengaged (pedal up). then in the middle of a u-turn, the engine hesitates and dies.
here's where it gets worse. the car starts but would not go into gear, any gear. so then i turn the car off and the shifter moves through all the gears. wierd. so then i put it in first and try to start the car. it bucks, then hesitates and then dies. really wierd. after a few tries, i get the car to start and i slowly limp the rest of the way home.
now it is doing the same thing but worse, it starts in neutral and doesnt go into gear. and that's it. it wont even start with it in gear, it bucks/hesitates and it sounds like metal touching metal.
any ideas what the problem could be? to me it sounds like it has something to do with either the clutch or the transmission, but other than that, i am at a loss. i searched the archives and found a lot of different info, but nothing i found looks like it is the same situation. i found info like clutch master cylinder, transmission, throw out bearing, input shaft bearing, axles, flywheel/clutch backed out, etc. anyways, if anyone can help out, i'd really appreciate it, lemme know, thanks.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Please Help -- Transmission / Clutch Trouble with the Boosted GSR (ID_ten_T)

anyone? please help if you can. thanks in advance.
Old 05-18-2004, 01:59 PM
New User

Default Re: Please Help -- Transmission / Clutch Trouble with the Boosted GSR (ID_ten_T)

Have u drained the tranny oil yet ? How does it looK?