Notices

Please Help- OBDII swap to P06 computer car won't run right?

Old 01-08-2003, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help- OBDII swap to P06 computer car won't run right?

Ok guys I really need help here. I can't figure anything out. Ok here it goes. First off my car and mods. I have a 99 Honda Accord ex-l 2dr F23a1 motor boosting with a drag 4 turbo kit. I have an autometer boost gauge and pyrometer (egt) gauge.I have a vortech FMU to control the gas but just the egt gauge to read what I am doing with it.

I got my 3" exhaust installed yesterday and done away with the downstream O2 sensor in the catalytic converter and done away with the cat. I knew it would throw an engine code because of the O2 sensor being gone. Well so I have a P06 OBDI computer and I installed it and it wouldn't idle right. It would idle high from 1400 and bounce like every sec. up to 1700 rpm. So it was bouncing up and down. The boost gauge also was reading around 9 psi of vac and bouncing up to 7psi of vac. So that was weird and reading low like I was pressing the gas pedal.Then it threw an engine code. I press the gas and it levels out. I took it out for a spin to see if I could figure something out. Well I wouldn't allow it to boost I would just take it to 0 on the boost gauge.

My EGT gauge on the other hand would go up to 12 and when I let off the gas it went down to 6?? Wide range of temps. Never done that before. So I have to think it maybe the fuel but I am unsure. I could not get the code reader to read a code since it is OBDI. So I put back the stock OBDII computer and it idles fine runs fine but just has the O2 sensor code being thrown.

So what should I do? I need help here guys. I am thinking of drilling the exhaust and having the o2 sensor put back in and send the P06 computer back and have them reprogram it. Should I do that? Will the car run with the 02 sensor put back in without a cat?? Any help would be highly thank you'd. I hope this is enough info to help you understand what is going on.

Sorry it was soooo long but I wanted to give details so it may help you to help me. Thanks in advance Matt aka Jaguar
Old 01-09-2003, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Please Help- OBDII swap to P06 computer car won't run right? (Jaguar)

Bump! I need this up to the top of the list please. The car won't even run right. I need some help badly. I have no where else to turn to. This is a very technical question so I could only figure that If I ask you guys somebody out there has to know.
Matt
Old 01-09-2003, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Please Help- OBDII swap to P06 computer car won't run right? (Jaguar)

When you say you removed the O2 sensor, did you remove BOTH of them? Are there no O2 sensors now?

It sounds like something is not wired right in the conversion harness.

Sonny
Old 01-10-2003, 07:58 AM

Default Re: Please Help- OBDII swap to P06 computer car won't run right? (Sonny)

No I just removed the downstream one in the cat. That is the only one I removed. That is now the least of my concerns now because I have figured away out to run with the o2 not there.. I need to find out why the P06 computer isn't running right. Someone suggested that the fuel is surging or something like that. It surges the gas and causes it to idle like it did. But this was just a guess. I need more help on what it is doing.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:20 AM

i'm not a technition, but the smart thing to do would be to put the damned o2 sensor back on.

it's there for a reason, car runs shitty without it and it's not killing any performence having it, so put it back in and drive your car. simple solution.
Old 01-10-2003, 11:26 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Please Help- OBDII swap to P06 computer car won't run right? (cyrixvsp2)

hey there, the guy who did your harness and chipping is on here.
im him. "frog"
Old 01-10-2003, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Please Help- OBDII swap to P06 computer car won't run right? (info101)

Matt,

We will resolve your issue as soon as possible, we need you to anwser a few of our questions before we can diagnose the problem. Don't worry we will not leave you hanging, we will continue to work with you until we resolve the issue.

Pascal

Old 01-10-2003, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Please Help- OBDII swap to P06 computer car won't run right? (Frog)

Pascal, Thanks guys. I really appreciate what you guys are doing. I am sorry if I am getting annoying or bothering you guys alot but I hate when my car has a long downtime and I can't drive it. I miss driving my car with a turbo....If I drive other cars that just don't have the power mine does. I just feel sorry for the ppl that own them. I love to feel that power when I press the gas down. But I will be getting the O2 sensor back in the car on monday. So I will eventually get the car running somehow.
Old 01-10-2003, 03:39 PM

What might be happing is that some of the newer hondas have a different style of idle speed motor on the intake.Most OBD1 ecu's/engines have the idle speed motor on the intake and only needs two wires.On some OBD2 engines like the 96-00 civic ex/dx they have the three wire setup under the throttle body.I have done some auto to manual swaps and the kids wanted my 99Si ecu but it would not work because the B16a has the IAC on the the back of the intake and they did not want the intake modified.But I might be wrong.Hope you can get it fixed
Old 01-10-2003, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

FYI, my own car is a F22 Honda accord. We have a set of base maps for 240, 440 550 and 800cc injectors for this car and ECU up to29 lb bf boost which will make your tuning a lot easier and faster.
Old 01-10-2003, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Please Help- OBDII swap to P06 computer car won't run right? (Hondata)

Btw does anyone know what the stock size is for my injectors?? I have no clue lol...Hey Hondata....I was buying this P06 so I can start running Hondata S200 here in a few months. When I get Hondata I am going all out. Like everything it offers for me I am going to go with. I am putting a laptop in my car that will be running just for hondata. To bad I didn't have the money to spend on it just yet.