Notices

Piping popped off...Any damage?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piping popped off...Any damage?

The ic pipe connected to my turbo popped off today. I didnt realize it till after I tried to boost and all I heard was a whining noise and the car would not accelerate. I was at open throttle for about 5 seconds. Its too dark to look for any broken/chipped fins right now...Has anyone had this happen if so was there any damage?
Old 12-28-2004, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Piping popped off...Any damage? (preludacris)

should be fine, just don't make a habit of it

Atleast you didn't run it over, not that I would know
Old 12-28-2004, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Piping popped off...Any damage? (Boosted2K)

thanks..but without back pressure wouldnt the turbine be spinning fast as **** causing damage to the fins?? Im just paranoid haha..
Old 12-28-2004, 02:35 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by preludacris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks..but without back pressure wouldnt the turbine be spinning fast as **** causing damage to the fins?? Im just paranoid haha..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Your fine as long as the turbo has oil flowing into it...

And maybe clean your sparkplugs too I bet it must of gotten pig rich...
Old 12-28-2004, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Piping popped off...Any damage? (CivicEJ1)

the turbo had oil..
Old 12-28-2004, 02:54 PM

Blowing a charge pipe isn't a big deal, it happnes.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicEJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And maybe clean your sparkplugs too I bet it must of gotten pig rich...</TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF? lol...
Old 12-28-2004, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Piping popped off...Any damage? (beerbongskickass)

your fine.. i did it once and had to drive 5 miles back home
Old 12-28-2004, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Piping popped off...Any damage? (redturbocivic)

I blow my pipe off like what 10 times? lol boost kick is so sharp the **** keep blowing off, i drove on the highway with it off for like 15 miles so i bet your fine.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i am so paranoid i triple clamped that biatch on my setup...one t clamp and 2 regular hose clamps
Old 12-28-2004, 03:44 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Piping popped off...Any damage? (redturbocivic)

you should get some t bolt clamps instead of using regular clamps they work better i used to have this problem until i changed to t bolts
Old 12-28-2004, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Piping popped off...Any damage? (crxvtecturbo)

t-bolt can be your new best friend lol
Old 12-28-2004, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Piping popped off...Any damage? (oxSLEEPERxo)

should be fine..my boys supra does that all the time..too much boost..lol.
Old 12-28-2004, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Piping popped off...Any damage? (beerbongskickass)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beerbongskickass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Blowing a charge pipe isn't a big deal, it happnes.

WTF? lol...</TD></TR></TABLE>

With all that extra fuel and less air his spark plugs will be coated in black....

Why are you laughing at me your the dump ***. he drove a while like that which means it needs a nice cleaning...if it was for like a few blocks sure it'll be fine....

Modified by CivicEJ1 at 6:34 PM 12/28/2004
Old 12-28-2004, 04:43 PM

I drove about a mile...I know not too much stress was put on the turbine when I was driving back. My concern was when I was WOT trying to get into boost and the turbo would just spool, it sounded like a blower
Old 12-28-2004, 05:52 PM

good luck
Old 12-28-2004, 06:05 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicEJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

With all that extra fuel and less air his spark plugs will be coated in black....

Why are you laughing at me your the dump ***. he drove a while like that which means it needs a nice cleaning...if it was for like a few blocks sure it'll be fine....

Modified by CivicEJ1 at 6:34 PM 12/28/2004</TD></TR></TABLE>

His car wasn't building boost so it wouldn't be fueling for boost.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:22 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicEJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Modified by CivicEJ1 at 6:34 PM 12/28/2004</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am laughing because your a moron and your posts **** me off for some reason... go kill yourself. His ******* spark plugs are fine... that black will burn off in a jiffy. You can't even figure out how to use a dremel tool or get your own car running lol.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1072136
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1071005
Old 12-28-2004, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Piping popped off...Any damage? (BlueSi2k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueSi2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

His car wasn't building boost so it wouldn't be fueling for boost.</TD></TR></TABLE>

care to eloberate on this?
Old 12-28-2004, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Piping popped off...Any damage? (bottle fed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bottle fed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

care to eloberate on this? </TD></TR></TABLE>

in a speed density setup your computer will only add fuel for the amount of air getting INTO the manifold; if you blow a pipe nothing will go wrong; absolutely nothing. unless you're an idiot and spin the turbine to the point where the wheel grenades....

Now in a MAF setup like most turbo oe cars with non-blow-through setups it'll run pig rich but by the time you notice the blown pipe the motor has fallen on its face because its being drowned by fuel. IF the system is a blow through setup it'll act the same as a speed desity setup.

I've blown many charge pipes; its not a big deal; and you dont need to clean your sparkplugs afterwards (this forum reall needs a fucking_idiot_retard smiley)
Old 12-28-2004, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Piping popped off...Any damage? (ComputerJLT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ComputerJLT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

in a speed density setup your computer will only add fuel for the amount of air getting INTO the manifold; if you blow a pipe nothing will go wrong; absolutely nothing. unless you're an idiot and spin the turbine to the point where the wheel grenades....

Now in a MAF setup like most turbo oe cars with non-blow-through setups it'll run pig rich but by the time you notice the blown pipe the motor has fallen on its face because its being drowned by fuel. IF the system is a blow through setup it'll act the same as a speed desity setup.

I've blown many charge pipes; its not a big deal; and you dont need to clean your sparkplugs afterwards (this forum reall needs a fucking_idiot_retard smiley)</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't trust me go fucken pull out your plugs.....a few of my buddys cars that blew off charge pipes did have pitch black covered plugs...just go check..can't hurt... Do It!
Old 12-28-2004, 07:29 PM

Don't trust me go fucken pull out your plugs.....a few of my buddys cars that blew off charge pipes did have pitch black covered plugs...just go check..can't hurt... Do It!</TD></TR></TABLE>

you ******* idiot; if your friends plugs are on a honda; and they turn black when you blow a pipe then they have a really shitty tune. @ 0psi/1bar (at) the ecu should be at a tasteful 13ish:1 afr. Not enough to blacken your plugs.

And in case you weren't sharp enough to pay atention in Automobiles 101 let me remind you: plugs will turn the ceramic black over time; thats normal; what is not normal is HEAVY carbon build up on the electrodes and the ceramic.