Notices

piecing together turbo kit questiong about turbo i bought

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: piecing together turbo kit questiong about turbo i bought

Originally Posted by BustersBullet
Oddly enough I own and drive a SRT4 and just so those who read this know what your saying is directly from manufactures specs ( like good job reading the brochure type stuff ). However, plenty of us SRT4 guys boost way over manufacture specs and hold it. Im tuned at over 20 it holds and I have zero issues. I know others who also are boosting at over 24 and holding...

Our cars produce at stock 285hp but I know of plenty who at stock are producing 305hp with out touching them.

There is a good amount of fabrication involved but unless the guy want to go with a ebay kit ( hope not ) then the cost of a legit kit compared to mocking up your own is really not comparable. Of course some people have deep discounts and or free parts, but to the typical joe blow.... its way easier to mock up a kit than buy new.

I put a turbo off of a camry that was racing at a local strip, onto a sentra only running 5-6 pounds of boost ( not even worth it really ). but a kit ( universal ) was more expensive than the kit I built and it worked flawless.

I said all of that to simply say that when people ask for help, I always stress to not tell them it cannt be done, but give advise on how it can be done, if you dont know how to do it then dont comment.

I hope no one gets butt hurt over my post, but I just dont like to see facts given when they are wrong, and then the guy not getting any help much other than you cannt do this, dont do that...

Also, I would suggest watching the series by Mighty Car Mods guys... they turboed a miata, and put a blower on a mini cooper... They are very good reference for what you might encounter...

Just trying to provide some decent help....

Anything can be done, it just depends on your knowledge and how deep your pockets are
The guys commenting in this thread know there turbos pretty well (wantboost and shodan specifically). Its really not so much that its impossible but its highly inadvisable to do so. This is something I would have a hard time doing and fabrication is something I do daily. Just too many hard to get components and trying to fit it right. Time is money and the time it would take to do this for basically bragging rights that you were able to do it (despite the lackluster performance that would result) would not be worth it.

Your SRT does not product 285whp stock. Thats how we refer to power numbers here is wheel hp
Old 06-21-2017, 10:21 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Interesting... 2 years after the OP gave up on this idea. But thank you, indeed.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Replying just for fun.. the srt caliber 2.4 is a completely different engine and turbo than the srt neon 2.4. The srt caliber does, in fact, produce 285 hp.. probably not at the wheels. Comparing the two is like apples and oranges.. kind of like comparing a B20 and a K20, they're just different.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get a t3/t4 turbo only mate, gonna give you lot of headache otherwise. Would offset the piping