Notices

Piece together a nice LS turbo kit for cheap?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piece together a nice LS turbo kit for cheap?

I just aquired a 93 integra LS motor, tranny, blah blah...full swap and im planning on rebuilding this motor in a month for boost and dropping into an EG.
I want to peice together a reliable turbo kit for the motor once its gone over well and freshened up... Heres the thing, i could easily buy a greddy kit or somthing used, but i wanna do my own setup,,..I.e. buying the right snail (or using one out of a junked factory boost car w/ low miles like an eclipse or somthing).. then getting a bov, wastegate and plumbing for oil and everything by myself... so im wondering if you guys have any ideas about what i should/could use to keep things relatively inexpensive. I'd also like to see any pics of pieced together LS boost setups taht people have done...and reliabiltiy issues? stuff like that, lbs of boost to run on stock internals safely? etc.....please help me out as i want to realistically complete this project...also just to let everyone know, i will be making my own intercooler piping and flanges, etc..and also building my own turbo manifold...my dads a welder, so we have everything needed to go crazy building **** like that...like milling the flanges and building a nice manifold, etc...
guys help me out ....ik im asking alot....anything you know or have info wise..GREATLY APPRECIATED..THANKS
Old 11-09-2003, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Piece together a nice LS turbo kit for cheap? (steveo97civic)

I have done exactly what you are talking about. I bought an EG hatch about 3mo ago, put a 95 b18b w/80k in it after 1 month, and now have my turbokit ready to go on. My times in the 1/4 mile so far on in my sig, that is with the motor bone stock with no bolt ons. I also pieced together my turbokit and it is as follows.

Maxrev mani
T3/T04e
Flamenco-T oil feed/return
Johnnyracecar.com FMIC
JC whitney IC piping
Hondata S200b
DSM bov
Tial 38mm wastegate
Custom compression bent 3" DP
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
DSM 450's w/ resistors

I haven't put it on yet, still waiting on some pieces to arrive, but so far I have assebled everything down to the nuts/bolts for right at ~$2200 including hondata. She should be a pretty wicked setup, or at least i hope so. I plan to have everything on within the next couple of weeks and then it will be tuning time. Stay tuned for dyno results