Notices

Piece 'O' Crap Super Sequential isnt working right!!!!!!! Sounds like a DOVE.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 07:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piece 'O' Crap Super Sequential isnt working right!!!!!!! Sounds like a DOVE.

My friend has a HKS SSQ on his prelude. I worked fine for a few weeks. Now it doesnt work right. It opens, but it doesnt do the high pitched chirp under hard boost. It just flutters really loud, no matter if its 2 or 7 psi. It sounds like a damn dove. The only thing we can think of is that he blew some vaccum lines off one night on the interstate. Could this have messed it up. Maybe it didnt have enough vaccum to pull the valve open right and the backpressure forced it open anyway. I might be a wrong but just a thought. Anyone hear of the SSQ messing up like this before? Its sounds like ****. Its kind of embarassing. hahahhah.
Old 12-03-2002, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Piece 'O' Crap Super Sequential isnt working right!!!!!!! Sounds like a DOVE. (BoostedD15B7)

maybe its not set right, i havent messed with mine yet, but isnt ther like a tensioner or soemthing in the back to adjust? maybe that got messed up
Old 12-03-2002, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Piece 'O' Crap Super Sequential isnt working right!!!!!!! Sounds like a DOVE. (BoostedD15B7)

Yea, there's an adjustment at the back of it. Tighten it down and remember to tighten the set nut to keep it at that setting. Yours probably came loose.

Old 12-03-2002, 08:11 AM

hmmm...it's suppose to sound like a dove! It's not suppose to have a high pitch noise like the greddy type S .

Besides it's just noise, who cares? As long as it functions properly, it's all good.
Old 12-03-2002, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Piece 'O' Crap Super Sequential isnt working right!!!!!!! Sounds like a DOVE. (ekb18c)

Thats the thing, i dotn know if its functioning correctly. All im saying is something screwed up because at first it worked right and sounded like everyone elses i know with a ssq. Low boost, it fluttered and then under higher boost both valves opened and we got the higher pitched burst of air. Now its doing some stupid weird ****.
Old 12-03-2002, 02:47 PM
New User

LOL sorry no help here ...
but your title just gave me this image of a guy rolling up next to me in his fixed up car... revs up on me and all i can hear is a frikken dove coming from his engine bay. now thats classic... a bov that sounds like a dove

Hope you get it fixed!!!
Old 12-03-2002, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tell Lee that i will stop by his house on the way home for christmas break on monday if he doesnt have it fixed by then.
Old 12-03-2002, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Piece 'O' Crap Super Sequential isnt working right!!!!!!! Sounds like a DOVE. (GudeH23a)

definetely either a loose BOV spring or the vacuum line is off, if not tehn the bOV might be screwed up, i know when the DV goes bad on 1.8T's (VW's), they make a fluttery sound, DV...BOV smae shiet, you get what im saying
Old 12-03-2002, 03:32 PM

Default Re: Piece 'O' Crap Super Sequential isnt working right!!!!!!! Sounds like a DOVE. (Civtek)

LOL sorry no help here ...
but your title just gave me this image of a guy rolling up next to me in his fixed up car... revs up on me and all i can hear is a frikken dove coming from his engine bay. now thats classic... a bov that sounds like a dove

Hope you get it fixed!!!
I was thinking the same thing.....
Old 12-03-2002, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i just took mine apart, theres ABSOLUTLY NOTHING TO BLOW OFF VALVES.

its a valve, a seal, a spring, a tensioner, a nut w/ a little piece for vacuum release, a couple washers and a diaphram (spelling?) all in a pretty little anodized housing.

If loosening and tightening it isnt helping at all, take it apart and remove the spring, thats what we did, doesnt seem to leak boost at all, and works great!

[Modified by bretx0r, 12:52 AM 12/4/2002]

[Modified by bretx0r, 12:53 AM 12/4/2002]
Old 12-03-2002, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Piece 'O' Crap Super Sequential isnt working right!!!!!!! Sounds like a DOVE. (evoeone)

Yep, it's not a good thing to drive on, if the vacuum line is off; which is very possible with a turbocharged car! The dove sound may be actual compressor surge. I know the sound very well, and it has a 'fluttering' sound. It will ruin the turbo seals if not fixed.

May not be the problem, but not good to be boosting with a closed bov. Have him check that line asap!
Old 12-04-2002, 03:35 AM

Default Re: Piece 'O' Crap Super Sequential isnt working right!!!!!!! Sounds like a DOVE. (apexii)

thanks everyone.

GudeH23......Ill let him know. Thanks man.
Old 12-04-2002, 04:55 AM

Default Re: Piece 'O' Crap Super Sequential isnt working right!!!!!!! Sounds like a DOVE. (bretx0r)

If loosening and tightening it isnt helping at all, take it apart and remove the spring, thats what we did, doesnt seem to leak boost at all, and works great!
and it still works with no spring?blows off just like it is suppose too?how do you know if one is leaking,any one got an easy way of telling,im loosing boost up high and thought it could be from the BOV
Old 12-04-2002, 08:01 AM

Default Re: Piece 'O' Crap Super Sequential isnt working right!!!!!!! Sounds like a DOVE. (civictypenos)

Sounds like it's loose.

That happened to me with my Type-S BOV.

Another thing happened too. A got a VAC leak on my MBC and when I drove, all i heard was flutter-flutter...

Try tightening your BOV and you should be fine. OR take apart the BOV and pull the stretch the spring a little.
Old 12-05-2002, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Piece 'O' Crap Super Sequential isnt working right!!!!!!! Sounds like a DOVE. (Esone3)

i messed with the bolt. when my lines blew off the only one that didnt was my bov line cause i had it zip tied.. it sounds like a pissed off dove. not like its supposed to..