Notices

Pics showing the Difference in the Moroso Road Race and Drag Race oil pans.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics showing the Difference in the Moroso Road Race and Drag Race oil pans.

This is just a comparison post to show the differences in a road racing pan VS a Drag Racing pan.

Moroso New Steel road racing pan for the B series VTec Hold 5 QTS of Oil
Uses the stock Oil Pump Pickup

Comparison Pictures of the Moroso Aluminum Drag Racing pan for B Series VTec
Also hold 5qts of oil. Uses a specific moroso oil pump pick to place the oil pick up in the back section of the pan so upon acceleration all the oil gathers in the back of the pan thus you avoid oil starvation on hard launches, However this pickup placement is not ideal for road racing and or sprited daily driving.

Old 02-18-2005, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Pics showing the Difference in the Moroso Road Race and Drag Race oil pans. (fipracing_com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fipracing_com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Comparison Pictures of the Moroso Aluminum Drag Racing pan for B Series VTech</TD></TR></TABLE>

*nitpick rant*

ARRRRGHHH!!!!!

<FONT SIZE="20">THERE IS NO "H" IN VTEC!!!!!!!!!</FONT>

thanks for the pics btw....
Old 02-18-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Pics showing the Difference in the Moroso Road Race and Drag Race oil pans. (Dr Pooface)

the road race pan looks like a very good effecient design
Old 02-18-2005, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Pics showing the Difference in the Moroso Road Race and Drag Race oil pans. (Dr Pooface)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dr Pooface &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

*nitpick rant*

ARRRRGHHH!!!!!

<FONT SIZE="20">THERE IS NO "H" IN VTEC!!!!!!!!!</FONT>

thanks for the pics btw....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry dude it was a f@@@@ typo.. It has been corrected.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pics showing the Difference in the Moroso Road Race and Drag Race oil pans. (fipracing_com)

After seeing your first post about the new pan, i ordered mine yesterday. I'm assuming that you would use the GSR pick-up correct? I do have a GSR anyway, but curious about b16 owners. If this has been discussed before, sorry.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pics showing the Difference in the Moroso Road Race and Drag Race oil pans. (B16A1-EF9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16A1-EF9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">After seeing your first post about the new pan, i ordered mine yesterday. I'm assuming that you would use the GSR pick-up correct? I do have a GSR anyway, but curious about b16 owners. If this has been discussed before, sorry.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you use your stock pick up ..doesnt matter what engine right fipracing_com
Old 02-19-2005, 04:59 AM

Default Re: Pics showing the Difference in the Moroso Road Race and Drag Race oil pans. (redturbocivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by redturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you use your stock pick up ..doesnt matter what engine right fipracing_com</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is correct, you use your stock pickup,
Old 02-19-2005, 06:02 AM

very interesting, where's the best place to get a decent price on one of these?
Old 02-19-2005, 08:28 AM

Default Re: Pics showing the Difference in the Moroso Road Race and Drag Race oil pans. (LostSolVTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LostSolVTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">very interesting, where's the best place to get a decent price on one of these?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ditto, Be alot easier to change oil, since I get Mobil 1 synthetic in 5 quart jugs.
And all of the other benefits of course.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Pics showing the Difference in the Moroso Road Race and Drag Race oil pans. (Mikes01GSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mikes01GSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ditto, Be alot easier to change oil, since I get Mobil 1 synthetic in 5 quart jugs.
And all of the other benefits of course.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
now who's copying who!?! lol

BUMP for the question on price and places to buy
Old 02-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pics showing the Difference in the Moroso Road Race and Drag Race oil pans. (LostSolVTEC)

It looks like it would fit better also... its got the little humps on the gasket side just like the OEM pan... did you fit the new pan on your car yet... how is the fitment in comparison to the old pan... any leaks for either?
Old 02-19-2005, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Pics showing the Difference in the Moroso Road Race and Drag Race oil pans. (xtremeness101)

where can i get one of these for a sohc y8 motor..

platinum.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Pics showing the Difference in the Moroso Road Race and Drag Race oil pans. (xtremeness101)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xtremeness101 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It looks like it would fit better also... its got the little humps on the gasket side just like the OEM pan... did you fit the new pan on your car yet... how is the fitment in comparison to the old pan... any leaks for either?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Pan install was a breeze just like installing a stock oil pan. Now as for my turbo going back on that another story all togther. I will post a follow up tommrow after i get the the turbo back on and drive the car to report how the pan does.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:03 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LostSolVTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
now who's copying who!?! lol

BUMP for the question on price and places to buy</TD></TR></TABLE>

I purchased mine from http://www.competitionwarehouseusa.com ask for andy. They have the best price. Mine was 247.00 shipped. More than likely he will have the pan dropped shipped from moroso as they are so new he hasnt gotten his first shippment in yet. However I had my pan in 4 days and it was dropped shippped direcly from moroso.

Old 02-19-2005, 08:59 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fipracing_com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I purchased mine from http://www.competitionwarehouseusa.com ask for andy. They have the best price. Mine was 247.00 shipped. More than likely he will have the pan dropped shipped from moroso as they are so new he hasnt gotten his first shippment in yet. However I had my pan in 4 days and it was dropped shippped direcly from moroso.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
good deal, wanna do a group buy mike? i'll bring some money over on sunday lol
Old 02-19-2005, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Excellent pics of the comparision of the 2 oil pans...I will be purchasing that Moroso pan very soon....
Old 02-19-2005, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pics showing the Difference in the Moroso Road Race and Drag Race oil pans. (Blue-Civic-Hybrid)

i still need confirmation that this will work on a b16 motor / b16 pickup..
Old 02-20-2005, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Pics showing the Difference in the Moroso Road Race and Drag Race oil pans. (integlspwr2k)

This will work on your b16 motor. It has been explaned in a previous post that the 16 pickup and the gsr pickup are the same, The only difference is one pickup has longer legs due to no Girdle on the block i.e the b16 block. The gsr block has a girdle and has shorter legs. other than that their is no difference in the placement of the oilpick so the pan will work on either motor.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fipracing_com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This will work on your b16 motor. It has been explaned in a previous post that the 16 pickup and the gsr pickup are the same, The only difference is one pickup has longer legs due to no Girdle on the block i.e the b16 block. The gsr block has a girdle and has shorter legs. other than that their is no difference in the placement of the oilpick so the pan will work on either motor. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ah now i get it... the placement of the pick up is at the same level on both motors.

I understand now..

So where did you say had the cheapest prices?
Old 02-20-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Pics showing the Difference in the Moroso Road Race and Drag Race oil pans. (integlspwr2k)

does anyone know if there would be any fitment issues with this pan on a b18 a/b as far as the pickup goes?

Modified by acurar0ss at 12:54 AM 2/21/2005
Old 02-21-2005, 03:38 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integlspwr2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ah now i get it... the placement of the pick up is at the same level on both motors.

I understand now..

So where did you say had the cheapest prices?</TD></TR></TABLE>Got to http://www.competitionwarehouseusa.com ask for andy. The part number is Moroso 20910.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

did u get the oil return hooked up yet... hows the clearance of everything with the new pan.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:29 PM

Yep got the pan on the car, Clearances are actually better on this pan than the dragrace pan. plus with this pan im able to run the full 5qts of oil.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

are they making these for the LS motors?
Old 03-07-2005, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

great info!!! thanks alot