Notices

Picked up a new project: '95 GSR-T

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Picked up a new project: '95 GSR-T

Been about 5 years since my last turbo Honda, my have things changes lol. Just picked this thing up though for the wife, she misses her old DC2 and it's only fair she have her weeekend toy to tinker with so, found this. 1995 GS-R, forged bottom end (JE's and Eagles) 9:1CR & 20-over. Head is supposed to be built as well, difficult for me to tell. Pretty good collection of parts, especially the JG intake and TB, but it's got more than it's share of repairs needed.Thus far I've had to rewire both fan harness ends (thank god for the "useless" Honda harnesses I've kept) with new pig tails, completley rewired the new ECT sensor harness. Missing various nuts and bolts, downpipe is held on by 2 out of 4 bolts, rear engine mount is NOT bolted to the block, oil feed to turbo is routed between the T-belt and the head (my personal favorite), oil return is looped UPWARDS to pan etc.. it's a process, but it's getting there. New distributor sub-assembly, wires, cap & rotor, valve cover gasket kit, coil to go in tonight. Noticed that with less than 150 miles of driving, the spark plugs I tossed in when I picked it up are now as black as night, touch rich eh? Might have to back down some fuel pressure till the software and WB02 get here. Trying to get it to the meet this Friday.. wouldn't hold my breath at this point.

Can lie, I'm a fan of easy power from good ol' V8's, but it feels good to have a boosted Honda again!