Notices

Picked up my Max Rev TURBO kit 2day from the Airport... and made a crapy webpage

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2002, 10:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up my Max Rev TURBO kit 2day from the Airport... and made a crapy webpage

hey all
he's all the bits that came in my max rev kit
http://home.themaestro.net/maxrev/index.html

there's a few questions on the site... mainly i have no ****** idea how 2 put eveything together esp the oil line sutff.. but ill work it out.... ehhe

Regards James

Old 03-12-2002, 10:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Picked up my Max Rev TURBO kit 2day from the Airport... and made a crapy webpage (BLKCRX)

damn that looks NICE ...i might have to consider max-rev now - how much was the kit if you don't mind me asking??

that silicon piping pic looks like the return line .. maybe you can rip it out and put an ss line on there...

gl with the install
Old 03-12-2002, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Picked up my Max Rev TURBO kit 2day from the Airport... and made a crapy webpage (Trigun)

i was also given SS line stuff also.. if you notice on one of the other pics.. which is why i don't understand it..

The kit was around $3000us

Regards James
Old 03-12-2002, 10:25 PM
New User

Default Re: Picked up my Max Rev TURBO kit 2day from the Airport... and made a crapy webpage (BLKCRX)

Great pics. Good luck with the install/tuning!
Old 03-12-2002, 10:48 PM

Default Re: Picked up my Max Rev TURBO kit 2day from the Airport... and made a crapy webpage (Tanabe'd GSR)

that long ss line looks like the oil feed .. unfortuanately, i can't discern where those fittings go
Old 03-12-2002, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Picked up my Max Rev TURBO kit 2day from the Airport... and made a crapy webpage (Tanabe'd GSR)

thanks man !! yeah im wondering.. if i should wait.. for my 550cc injectors to arrive... and also my new clutch...( eveything for my stage 3 setup) and or just bolt the kit on now.. and run like 5psi boost with the stock clutch and stock injectors.. lol i want boost. lol i want boost !! ehhehe
but.. ben won't be shiping my injectors till after march 24th

regards James
Old 03-12-2002, 10:49 PM
New User

im sorry but i think we've been shafted.

i/c is supposed to have cnc end tanks on it
oil return isnt even ss
tial wastegate is not the one we'ed all expect
the BOV is supposed to be the turbosmart type2

besides that everything looks fine. i dunno if you specially ordered any of that stuff or if its the standard kit but im not going to accept this stuff for my 2600 dollars. i gotta call them tomorrow.
Old 03-12-2002, 10:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Picked up my Max Rev TURBO kit 2day from the Airport... and made a crapy webpage (01geeser)

yeah correct... i noticed the wastegate was different.. god knows what the difference is...

as for the bov.. what is the difference there..
as for the intercooler.. hummm cnc end tanks..not sure either whats the difference.. heeheh what do i have ??

but as for what was original quoted on yeah.. its not the same.. but hummm
as for orderiing anything speical nar i jsut ordered the kit.. like all of us..

im not sure how 2 tell what size turbo i have thow.. i ordered / wanted a 57 trim t3t4 turbo with a .63 ar
but iv neva realy seen a turbo upclose like this.. got no idea how 2 tell what is what. what do ya think ??

Regards James

Old 03-12-2002, 10:55 PM
New User

this is what was posted originally:

The kit includes
maxrev manifold
tial wastegate
stainless downpipe (with flexpipe),
all oil fittings from block to pan
intercooler (w/ cnc endtanks)
mild steel 2.5" mandrel bent ubends
turbosmart type II BOV
57 trim t3t4 turbo with a .63 ar housing
silicon hose couplings
all clamps
all mounting hardware (bolts, studs nuts, etc),
air filter
all needed vacuum lines and tees
and a cnc machined oil drain flange.

Old 03-12-2002, 10:58 PM
New User

Default Re: Picked up my Max Rev TURBO kit 2day from the Airport... and made a crapy webpage (01geeser)

yeah you recieved the right turbo from the pics on ur site.
Old 03-12-2002, 10:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i guess im missing bolts and studs and nuts also.....nufffin a local bolt store can't fix up for me....
the only bolts that came with the kit was with the wastegate...

no turbo bolts of anything....

Regards James

Old 03-12-2002, 11:02 PM

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=114490

there's the oil return line posted by art .. just rip that silicon stuff off and get an 1ft ss line .. looks like the flange is there w/ u'r kit also.
Old 03-12-2002, 11:08 PM
New User

Default Re: Picked up my Max Rev TURBO kit 2day from the Airport... and made a crapy webpage (Trigun)

heres a link to what the i/c endtanks were supposed to be http://www.maxrev.com/catalog/engine/ic%20kits.html
Old 03-12-2002, 11:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok ill repalce that silcon hosing with ss as per art's info !! ( thanks art )

As for the CNC endtanks. grr i hope a doggy was't pulled over me.. hummm ill follow that up....

Does anyone know what his SS hose is used for labed Unknown part #5 (view 1) and Unknown part #5 (view 2) on that crapy site i made ehehhe

Regards James

Old 03-13-2002, 07:13 AM
New User

For some reason that intercooler doesn't look like it has the highest build quality. Things just look kinda off.
Old 03-13-2002, 07:40 AM
New User

Default Re: Picked up my Max Rev TURBO kit 2day from the Airport... and made a crapy webpage (DarksideDC4)

Definitely look into whats up with that IC, build quality is really not all that nice at all.

Nick

[Modified by boost killz, 11:41 AM 3/13/2002]
Old 03-13-2002, 08:12 AM

First glimpse of what a Maxrev stuff kit looks like, and all parts are not what is expected. Could I ask you when you ordered the kit? Now I am concerned about what I am getting.

I hope they are keeping an eye on what people are posting on this site and adjust things accordingly. At least main items (turbo and manifold) looks to be as expected.
Old 03-13-2002, 08:34 AM

Default Re: (Anubyss)

The Maxrev kit dosent come with any kind of instructions? That would suck. Somethings just dont look right with that kit.
Old 03-13-2002, 08:40 AM
On Fire!

Looks very cool a nice and clean setup!!

I was looking at your wastgate and wondering if tial came up with a new design or if that style of wastgate is just that way because you got it in purple??

Does anybody know??

Adi

Old 03-13-2002, 09:13 AM
New User

Default Re: Picked up my Max Rev TURBO kit 2day from the Airport... and made a crapy webpage (newgsr)

I thought it was pretty clear that the MaxRev "kit" was a collection of parts for people who know what they're doing with a turbo install. Realistically I think that setup looks pretty good. Maybe the sheet metal endtanks aren't as pretty but they flow just as well, the Tial WG model was not specified in the kit description. The oil setup is WAY better than what any other kit has, and the silicon hose makes more sense than stainless for the return from a cost standpoint. I don't see a single flaw except the type I vs. type II bov.
Old 03-13-2002, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hayasa15)

it's not supposed t. It is a collection of items for a "custom" turbo setup. They do all the leg work with the parts and you assemble it.
Old 03-13-2002, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MugenSi00)

Ok im a little woried that the end tanks on the IC are wrong.. but hell im all the way out in Australia.. so yeah not a hell of a lot i can do...its better than nuffing.
as for the quality...of the IC.. can i take photo's or anything ? how do or can i prove quality...of it.
The kit was ordered Directly from Max rev. around hummm 2 or 3 months ago.. i paid somehwere around that 2600$ mark.

As for instructions.. nar no instructions.. but i did't expect it would.. its a custom almost build ya self kit... im sure someone wil make a online site... if not ill make it

as for the tial wastegate yeah.. its blue i think its actualy better than the silver tial one.. so yeah thats a bonus !

As for the difference b/w the BOV has anyone used the BOV 1 and 2 and can tell what the difference is.. ???

Attentoin Dbman96.... ya say the oil setup rocks !! YAY.. got any insturctions of which bits go where..

i think ill follow artturbo's web instructions..... hope i have all the right bits

thats about it... apart from last nite..took my mainfold down a local car club meet.. eveyone was like WOW nice !

Regards James

Old 03-13-2002, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BLKCRX)

oh the other funnie thing was... Customs Australia wanted me to pay $2500.00 aust Tax inport and GST on the goods.. lol

lucky maxrev put on the invoice like i requested "goods free of charge" (yay i saved soo much money bc of this...) but at first customs was very picky with the fact the invoice had $3000.00(us) worth of goods on it .....and wanted 2 charge me the earth... i quicky hired a inport tax broker.. bent the rules a bit and he charged me $150.00 and i saved heeps.. i was SOOO happy yesterday.

Regards James

Old 03-13-2002, 12:10 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (BLKCRX)

WOW looks great..
Old 03-13-2002, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

heres a link to what the i/c endtanks were supposed to be http://www.maxrev.com/catalog/engine/ic%20kits.html
Yeah, do you actually think that $250 end tanks would be included with the kit. This is an upgrade only!!!!
To everyone who is wondering about this---the CNC end tanks are not part of the kit! Only available as an upgrade.

Quick Reply: Picked up my Max Rev TURBO kit 2day from the Airport... and made a crapy webpage