Notices

Phantom Grip LSD Group buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2002, 11:40 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phantom Grip LSD Group buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I talked to John today and decided to do a group buy for the Phantom Grip LSD unit. If I have 10 buyers , the price will be $269+ shipping. I have this unit on my 600hp (flywheel) Integra TypeR daily driver and it has yielded me 1.6 60ft's. Pacific performance's drag civic (9.20 @ 140+mph ) also uses this lsd. If u guys want quality unit at a fraction of the cost compared to qualife and kaaz, call me at 561 921 0472.. Ask me Sherbaz.. This is not going to last long..
Old 01-21-2002, 11:45 AM
New User

Default Re: Phantom Grip LSD Group buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (TurboR)

i havent heard too many positive things bout the phantom on this board...
Old 01-21-2002, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Phantom Grip LSD Group buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (turbo01gsr)

I thought that Phantom Grip specifically states that it shouldn't be used if your HP exceeds 375?
Old 01-21-2002, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Phantom Grip LSD Group buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (turbo01gsr)

Cuz the import mentality is usually : "more expensive=better product period." This doesn't mean that I think expensive stuff isn't good quality, but there are cheaper priced items that are also good quality.

Sherbaz.. I'm interested but I dont have a Honda/Acura, will that affect things? I'm still willing to purchase a Phantom Grip.
Old 01-21-2002, 12:31 PM
sgT
Honda-Tech Member

amazing that it has lasted in your car.
I have seeen them break with much les power.
Old 01-21-2002, 12:55 PM
New User

Default Re: Phantom Grip LSD Group buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (sgT)

It has not broken with the hp I have.. Group buy is good for any vehicle , give me a call bro.. 561 921 0472.. It is very true that most people think that expensive is better.. I would rather have something in my hand rather than waiting for a year for a qualife...
Old 01-21-2002, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

isn't that retail price sherbaz?????
Old 01-21-2002, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Phantom Grip LSD Group buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (Slow_ass_4dr)

Also on sale... "NAAAAAAAAAAAS" & underbody neon lights!

Old 01-21-2002, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Phantom Grip LSD Group buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (Slow_ass_4dr)

Mark me down for two terrible experiences...
Old 01-21-2002, 01:41 PM
New User

Default Re: Phantom Grip LSD Group buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (MatT3T4)

What was your bad experience man.. Yo dustin.. You sound like you are professional in this business, alwayz negative attitude.. If this is the case what do you recommend to all the people on this board. I am just offering them a product that everyone can afford compared to kaaz and qualife.. Why don't u quit crying and help all of us out. If you don't like a product , write details about it , personal experience. There is no need to scare people just because you don't like the product. If one person doesn't like something , everyone seems to follow the bandwagon .. I just thought since it works fine with me , I help everyone out, but I guess everyone knows everything on this board , there is no need for me to share experience and knowledge. Thanks in advance..
Old 01-21-2002, 02:29 PM
Trial User

you have the phantom grip on a type R?? i thought the Type R came WITH an LSD already....????

<---- me thinks you either have a fake R or have no clue what your talking about
Old 01-21-2002, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What was your bad experience man.. Yo dustin.. You sound like you are professional in this business, alwayz negative attitude.. If this is the case what do you recommend to all the people on this board. I am just offering them a product that everyone can afford compared to kaaz and qualife.. Why don't u quit crying and help all of us out.
We just had a huge discussion about the quality and usability of the phantom grip in another thread, and as a result you post this group buy? Is that good timing on your part?

I have no problem with you giving members good prices; that's great. Let's just be unbiased and upfront when describing the product. Calling the phantom grip and "LSD" is a misnomer in and of itself. I am not saying it is worthless, but let's be serious.

The quality of a product is not directly related to the number of exclamation points in the title of the thread that attempts to sell it.

Dustin
Old 01-21-2002, 02:52 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: Phantom Grip LSD Group buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (dustin)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=115069
Old 01-21-2002, 06:20 PM
New User

Default Re: Phantom Grip LSD Group buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (Arturbo)

Ok, I remember the post now.. Anywayz, go read the post again since all the people who have installed the unit have been satisfied with it.. GSRWBOOST, haaaaaaaa. bro It doesn't mean that if the TypeR comes with lsd that it cannot be changed. I took the lsd out and replaced it with Phantom grip, I made almost $600 off the stock lsd by selling it and got the phantom grip free.. Bro you telling me that I am fake, lol, come down here in south florida or see me in the upcoming turbo magazine, my hp numbers , et's will show you what a "FAKE" typeR can really do...
Old 01-21-2002, 06:47 PM
Banned

Ok, I remember the post now.. Anywayz, go read the post again since all the people who have installed the unit have been satisfied with it.. GSRWBOOST, haaaaaaaa. bro It doesn't mean that if the TypeR comes with lsd that it cannot be changed. I took the lsd out and replaced it with Phantom grip, I made almost $600 off the stock lsd by selling it and got the phantom grip free.. Bro you telling me that I am fake, lol, come down here in south florida or see me in the upcoming turbo magazine, my hp numbers , et's will show you what a "FAKE" typeR can really do...
lol you sold the honda lsd for the phantom grip.....
Old 01-21-2002, 07:02 PM
New User

Default Re: Phantom Grip LSD Group buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (immortal)

Haaaaaaaaa.. I had to do it man, b/c even with the stock lsd, one wheel was spinning and 60ft's were 2.0-2.2 ON SLICKS. I am hopefully getting the sponsorship from qualife, but thatz not the point. HELL YEA I would get the qualife if I had the money, but since most of us are on a budget, U CAN'T BEAT PHANTOM GRIP, hands down, this product works and I am the proof. Trust meeeeeee!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2002, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

a)who states hp at their flywheel?i wanna know WHEEL HP!
b)phantom grip is not an lsd
c)y in the hell would u sell the itr lsd? granted they are not the best out there... but they are much better than that phantom crap... someone i know ran a 10.3 with a itr lsd...
d) i agree with the others... u sound like a bullsh!tter
e)racing is expensive... lsd's are expensive... live with it and dont buy the imitation crap
f) http://ludicrous2_0.tripod.com/products/lsd.html
should i go on? im not usually a d!ck... but since u have already started with the moderators AND administrators of this board... here is my continuation...

(dont make me go on... trust me)
Old 01-21-2002, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Phantom Grip LSD Group buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (Tom)

a.) He had 461whp on his old setup. Now he has a new engine, a larger turbo so we'll see what happens.
b.) No, its not a true LSD, but its just a term to use in general. We all know Quaife is a tru LSD.
c.) Someone you know ran a 10.3 on stock ITR LSD? where's proof.. also, how is PG crap if it works for Sherbaz.. think he got lucky?
d.) lol! You need to see his car. It's a daily driven monster. I have a vid of it when it first started out..402whp ..http://www.geekazoids.net/~images/turbotyperdyno.mpg
e.) You do what works for you.. some people like to try things out for themselves
f.) That is ONE person out of how many? If it really was a bust, wouldn't the company be under now?

Go ahead.. keep going on.
Old 01-21-2002, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Phantom Grip LSD Group buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (Rob92SC)

Phantom grip + 5000 launch on street tires + Y1 cable B16a tranny = blown phantom crap and diff and tranny
Old 01-21-2002, 08:11 PM
Trial User

uh.. you pleeb... guess what??

I had the phantom grip.. and honestly the quaife does much better of a job.. and as for you selling your ITR LSD just to get a phantom grip and pocket some cash? haahhahaha the jokes on you...

Magazine huh? ahahahhahaha big fukin deal... so you get a couple pages in some rice boy rag... whats the point? lemme guess.. some wild azz body kit, huge fukin spoiler, phat 18's and a Phantom grip... whooptie fukin do....

I tend to think that someone who sells a ITR LSD in favor of a phantom grip is most likely a front runner for the honda enthusiast joke of the month...

does anyone know how much a new ITR tranny costs? or after a nice healthy launch w/ some decent power.. the phantom grip explodes, is the tranny rebuildable??

I just love misinformed "performance enthusiasts".....
Old 01-21-2002, 08:14 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Phantom Grip LSD Group buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (GSRwBOOST)

I can't decide if this belongs in the "Riceboy" or the "Best Buy" forum....

People come to this board for information and help.. i cannot sit here and allow them to be misinformed about a product.. knowing they will someday have a problem that will cost them more money to fix, all in the name of "saving a few dollars"...
Old 01-21-2002, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Phantom Grip LSD Group buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (Rob92SC)

I agree