Notices

performance auto tranny for 00' integra ?? who makes one? richmond? TCI? etc...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default performance auto tranny for 00' integra ?? who makes one? richmond? TCI? etc...

I have turbocharged 00' integra ls automatic. We are running a Hondata S200 setup. The engine is going to be built and the tranny upgraded for this stage of the project. The engine package that I am going to do for the customer would yield 350-400hp atw on a manual equivalent. I want to upgrade the oem auto tranny to hold this or purchase an after market auto tranny and build an adapter plate to make it fit.

First, does anyone know if it is possible to make the Honda auto tranny hold this power? If so who can do it and do you know how much cost might be?

Next, if the cost of the above is going to be pretty expensive "I think it will be" then I think it better to just go with a tranny that was designed from square one to hold the power. My question is, does anyone know of a company that offers an auto tranny that will work on the honda engine and that will hold the power? I know quaife offers some astronomically priced items but I am trying to keep the project as reasonable as possible.

Thank you for your time and help!
Old 11-06-2004, 08:11 AM
95GSRTT

Default Re: performance auto tranny for 00' integra ?? who makes one? richmond? TCI? etc... (DSLHONDA)

I dont believe there is a way to make the auto tranny able to hold that amount of power. You would have to buy an aftermarket one to be able to hold that amount of power. and you are definately right. it is VERY expensive.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:35 AM

Default Re: performance auto tranny for 00' integra ?? who makes one? richmond? TCI? etc... (DSLHONDA)

man up a getting a manual. the only think i know u can do is get an oil cooler? ls tranny probably good for 250.
Old 11-06-2004, 06:36 PM

Default Re: performance auto tranny for 00' integra ?? who makes one? richmond? TCI? etc... (InTeGrA B18b1)

Thanks for reading my post. But you are both mistaken. I am very familiar with the old "just swap to a manual and be done with it" line. I have used it many times myslef on many customers. I have done many auto to manual swaps. This one is different. We want to keep this car an auto. Below are two links to two companies that offer performance upgrades for this tranny. So my question for you all now is has anyone used or had any experience with the products offered by these companies or do you have any other suggestions? Thank you!!!

http://www.importperformancetrans.com/

http://www.levelten.com/index.html
Old 11-06-2004, 07:26 PM
95GSRTT

I never said anything about swapping to manual. I have heard lvl10 makes a great tranny that can hold the power and the few ppl that have purchsed them are happy. But they are expensive. Thats all i know on any kind of built auto tranny.
Old 11-06-2004, 07:52 PM

Default Re: performance auto tranny for 00' integra ?? who makes one? richmond? TCI? etc... (95GSRTT)

ok, thank you!