Notices

People with rollcages, what does your gage setup look like?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default People with rollcages, what does your gage setup look like?

Hi guys,

A few days ago I was trying to figure out how my gauge setup was going to go. I figured that since I'll end up getting a rollcage I would wantto look at mounting the gauges on my dash. Bt just the other day I accidentally ordered the autometer tripple a pillar gauge pod. I was tying to avoid using the a-pillar for the gauge mounting locations because I thought it would get in the way of the rol cage. But I forgot all about that when I ordered the gauge pod.

But anyways, how do you guys have your set up? did a lof of you guys just fabricate something up and put it in your radio console or did you use mounting cups and put them on the dash.

Let me hear about how you guys did your gauges.

Thanks
Old 01-01-2005, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: People with rollcages, what does your gage setup look like? (BlueShadow)

Depends on how your roll cage setup is...if the cage goes down from the top of the a-pillar to the floor and doesen't follow the a-pillar down to the dash you should not have a problem using the triple gauge, gauge pod. This also brings up the question if u will still have the dash in the car with the cage, blah blah. Me, personally, i like the gauge cups on the dash....guess it's just a matter of opinion, and where u can see them the easiest.
Old 01-01-2005, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: People with rollcages, what does your gage setup look like? (t3h_sl0w)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by t3h_sl0w &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Depends on how your roll cage setup is...if the cage goes down from the top of the a-pillar to the floor and doesen't follow the a-pillar down to the dash you should not have a problem using the triple gauge, gauge pod. This also brings up the question if u will still have the dash in the car with the cage, blah blah. Me, personally, i like the gauge cups on the dash....guess it's just a matter of opinion, and where u can see them the easiest.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was planning on using the Autopower type rollcage. I believe that cage is legal for drag racing at most places. I was trying to avoid using a pillar pods because I thought that it might get in the way of the rol cage. But I kinda forgot about it when I ordered the a pillar gauge pod.

EDIT: what I would like are one of those dash kits that blend into the dash. I dont know if I'll like how the generic mounting cups would look.