Notices

people with apexi turbo kit, i need lot of info

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default people with apexi turbo kit, i need lot of info

can i put a apexi turbo kit into a 96+ non-vtec sohc civic?

what do i need to get 250whp? i did a search, people says it's good to just use vafc and 450cc injectors, how about fuel pump?

should i get a block guard if i am going for 250whp?

which clutch is good for that kind of power?

what do i need to look into when i am boosting my car?

thx
Old 10-15-2003, 11:09 PM

Default Re: people with apexi turbo kit, i need lot of info (dmak)

SEARCH
Old 10-15-2003, 11:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dmak &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">can i put a apexi turbo kit into a 96+ non-vtec sohc civic?

what do i need to get 250whp? i did a search, people says it's good to just use vafc and 450cc injectors, how about fuel pump?

should i get a block guard if i am going for 250whp?

which clutch is good for that kind of power?

what do i need to look into when i am boosting my car?

thx</TD></TR></TABLE>

1. yes you can put the kit on your sohc non vtec motor.

2.250 hp on your non vtec sohc...i would advise you to build of course. Get a good fuel management setup...the 450s and SAFC is not a bad idea and getting a high volume intank fuel pump is needed. In my opinion i would ditch the SAFC..and just go with Hondata or Emanage instead. But in order to make 250hp out of your non vtec sohc..you'd have to up the boost...but increasing boost comes with risks...and that is why i suggest a rebuild of your motor.

3. I already suggested you go for a rebuild..and that means new pistons, new rods, and resleeving wouldn't be a bad idea either. Once you resleeve there is no need for a blockguard. Getting your head ported and polished will add power. Upgrading your valvetrain would also help make power.

4. Clutches..well there are so many...i would recommend an ACT extreme pressure plate with a Street Disc.

5. Look into...everything..there is a lot to learn...my honest opinion..i would hold off on your turbo project, it seems to me that you have a lot more to learn before you boost.

Khoi

P.S Oh yeah..do lots of searching..Good luck! After all of this you may wonder to yourself...gee...why don't i just get a bseries swap and boost that instead...well heck thats what i would do...You could easily make 250hp on a bseries motor with a stock bottom end with a good fuel management and tuning...remember tuning is key. But hey..if all your interested in is the goal of making a "Beasty non vtec d16" then more power to ya!
Old 10-15-2003, 11:28 PM

Default Re: people with apexi turbo kit, i need lot of info (Sohc Driver)

thx for the info, very helpful
yeah, i did a search again, this time, i find that one of the mumber burned the rings when he was boosting 9psi, but i also see others boosting more with no problems...

so how much hp can i make on a stock engine, with just a block guard or a thick headgasket?
Old 10-15-2003, 11:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dmak &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> thx for the info, very helpful
yeah, i did a search again, this time, i find that one of the mumber burned the rings when he was boosting 9psi, but i also see others boosting more with no problems...

so how much hp can i make on a stock engine, with just a block guard or a thick headgasket?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wouldnt' boost more than 8psi in order to run reliably on a stock d16 motor with just a block guard and a thicker headgasket. But I'd say expect around 160-170 whp. You'd beat stock Civic Si's and Integra GSR's. You'd probably be able to shut down a stock 94-97 Mustang GT if a v8 is one of your targets.

Khoi