Notices

Pennsylvania Members....Read this...

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 03:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pennsylvania Members....Read this...

This will hurt us greatly if it passes....

Not sure if everyone has seen this or not, but this house of rep need a boot up his butt.

"Legislation (H.B. 1330) that would effectively prohibit the use of exhaust systems other than a “factory-installed muffler” or a “muffler meeting factory specifications” has been reintroduced in the Pennsylvania State House of Representatives by Representative Michael K. Hanna (Phone: 717/772-2283, Fax: 717/787-4137). The bill has been referred to the House Transportation Committee.
"

http://www.autorush.com/news/?id=42

Modified by cinq at 8:59 AM 5/12/2005
Old 05-12-2005, 04:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Pennsylvania Members....Read this... (cinq)

One of my neighbors is on the Pendot commitee and warned me about this. He said there is a bill being passed for window tint too , to not be inspected with it.

This is total bullshit. He also said ANY modification being done to a car will now be registered as a modified vehicle. I think if you have it registered as modified now you can squeek past some of the bullshit . I could be wrong though, but thats what he was explaining to me
Old 05-12-2005, 04:58 AM

Default Re: Pennsylvania Members....Read this... (itr206)

Sup Pete,

I just hope that this bs bill doesn't get passed. Friends and I are trying to get mandrel pipe bender, and now with this bill....I'm having second thought about it.

We all need to get together and call our reps, and maybe they can help? If not...we just won't vote for them.

Tinting law sucks too, but in Philly....is not big of a deal. Cops have better thing to do than pull you over for tinting.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Down here they dont have better things to do. lol.
In the city they dont bust my *****. In the subs they do.

I dont think there is too much arguement over it right now. I think its like almost said and done.
I talked to this guy and he said they have been holding it off for years, but the time has come. He's a big Hot Rod guy. So he feels the pain. He was giving me tips and **** on how to get past things.

Ill see if i can post his site about all the pendot news and ****. I have his card at home
Old 05-12-2005, 05:29 AM

Thanks Pete....keep us up to date if you have time.

Old 05-12-2005, 05:33 AM

I posted something like this about 3 weeks ago in the general discussion forum. This has been around for years and they can't pass it. If you read the actual bill, there are so many things that contradict each other, so until it is written properly, it won't be able to pass. Back in the day, inspection stations could fail you for tint, they passed a law that says it isn't an inspection criteria. I guess they want to re-reverse it. Just make up a letter and send it to your representatives.

Here is the link of the actual bill: http://www.legis.state.pa.us/W...8.HTM
Old 05-12-2005, 05:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pennsylvania Members....Read this... (AIminiS10)

He did say it contradicted a few things in there, but supposedly its straight or on its way now.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:57 AM

Sweet, i wonder how they are gonna like my 4in dp and exh on the lex
Old 05-12-2005, 06:12 AM

Default Re: Pennsylvania Members....Read this... (quickda6)

Josh...how's business down in DE? 4in? The last time I saw you at xotic...a year ago...I don't remember, but your car is just too freakin loud! I think you need a 1inch exhaust instead?
Old 05-12-2005, 06:24 AM

Do they even consider what laws like this do the the economy? The aftermarket is huge in this country and to basically shut down one of the biggest pieces will have a major impact. I'm all for reasonable db limits and things like that, but some of this stuff is out of controll.

Tint has been illegal and they are not suppose to pass inspection for it. According to the police atleast.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pennsylvania Members....Read this... (Overblown-Teg)

Tint is illegal, but they cannot refuse inspection at this point. I know the law on that. I have been thru it too many times.

I wonder how they will treat Rods? Sport Compacts get pulled over, Not the hot rods.

Another funny thing. Classic cars that have those plates. The restriction was that you can drive it 24hrs or something a week . This guy told me it doesnt say 24hrs within a certain time frame. So you can drive all week as long as you dont do over 24hrs of driving in a week. lol

There are loopholes to everything
Old 05-12-2005, 06:59 AM

Itr, I think it is a mileage thing. Bottom line if the goal was to keep the noise down then every harley would be illegal. They single out Imports because the image that kids present. I say kids because most of the ones causing trouble are in high school or just out.

My car might be loud but I am not out at mid night doing burn outs and cruising through town at 6000 rpms.. When 16 yr old kids start driving 28 chevys around all hours of the night the law will effect them as well.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I agree, I think its bullshit.
They say exhausts are illegal on bikes too , but I have never been harassed for one. My bikes were 1000x worse then any car I Have/had

I dont see the big issue. Some people just have abug up their *** prob becuase they have some 16yr old kid in their neighborhood that gets on their nerves with an exhuast and siad, fuggit, ill make everyone miserable as I am
Old 05-12-2005, 07:21 AM

Maybe it is because I am getting older but I can see their point. When it is 1 am and I am trying to sleep and some kid rolls by and the whole house vibrates and wakes me up. It pisses me off.

I don't in anyway want a law like this to pass but a little respect from the car side would go along way. If you know your car is loud, try to be home at a decent hour. I would not go out and mow my lawn in the middle of the night, or run the weed eater.

I am fighting the same fight locally with ATV's, some towns are trying to make some serious restrictions about when and where you can ride them, even on your own property. I don't want to see that but a few, ok alot, of people don't respect others and now the others want to MAKE everyone stop riding.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thats true. I used to get pissed when people knew where I lived and used to come by my house and rev their **** up at night just becuase they saw whatever cars were in the driveway. Now I live where no one knows me and the block itself gets like no traffic on it. So I am peaceful

Some people have no tact though.