Notices

pay monthly for a turbo ((help))

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pay monthly for a turbo ((help))

Hey, i remember seeing somewhere i dont know if it was this forum or another website. But i want to buy a Greddy, Drag, Or rev hard turbo kit. But i dont have the money all at once. I know there was some company that allowed you to pay monthly and when you payed it off they sent you a kit. Does anyone know a company that does this?
Thanks
Old 07-28-2004, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: pay monthly for a turbo (Edgemingsr)

I remember seeing this on ebay a few months back.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: pay monthly for a turbo (99Hybrid_Hatch)

credit card yo
Old 07-28-2004, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If your just going to send them the money and they will just hoold onto it until you pay for the whole kit whats the point? Thats no different then putting the money under your pillow each month until you have enough for the whole kit. And just think, if you put it in the bank instead of under you pillow, INTREST
Old 07-28-2004, 09:23 PM

Default Re: pay monthly for a turbo (adictionbass)

True! i just know i wont be able to save it. Haha. i dont know i might just Card it
Old 07-28-2004, 09:31 PM

card it
Old 07-28-2004, 09:35 PM

card it... what will happen if the place u are sending ur money closes down.... refund?? i'm not sure bout that...
Old 07-28-2004, 09:45 PM

Default Re: (slowricer)

good points. That was a dumb idea. thanks
Old 07-28-2004, 10:25 PM

you people are too damned qwik to whip out the plastic. Save up for it, then buy it. Credit Cards = teh sux
Old 07-28-2004, 10:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DigitalFusion)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DigitalFusion &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you people are too damned qwik to whip out the plastic. Save up for it, then buy it. Credit Cards = teh sux</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would never buy a turbo kit on credit
Old 07-28-2004, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (MiraiZ)

damn if that's the case...if you want to buy a complete kit one pay check at a time...why don't you just piece together your own one pay check at a time? you'll be getting something a lot better than what you'll be paying for for a full kit...unless it's FULL RACE.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:14 PM

Default Re: (shermanyang)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shermanyang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn if that's the case...if you want to buy a complete kit one pay check at a time...why don't you just piece together your own one pay check at a time? you'll be getting something a lot better than what you'll be paying for for a full kit...unless it's FULL RACE. </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats exactly what I did, took me a year and a half to do, but I finally have it, and 0 credit card debt
Old 07-28-2004, 11:34 PM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts

OT...It's funny...most of my credit card debt is food, haha.

The only car stuff I put on my credit card was when I rebuilt my tranny...because that was a must. Turbo kit for me was purchased with cold hard cash.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">"damn if that's the case...if you want to buy a complete kit one pay check at a time...why don't you just piece together your own one pay check at a time? you'll be getting something a lot better than what you'll be paying for for a full kit...unless it's FULL RACE. "</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is how I did it too

Modified by DaX at 5:24 AM 7/29/2004
Old 07-28-2004, 11:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (shermanyang)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shermanyang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn if that's the case...if you want to buy a complete kit one pay check at a time...why don't you just piece together your own one pay check at a time? you'll be getting something a lot better than what you'll be paying for for a full kit...unless it's FULL RACE. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Exactly what i did.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:03 AM

Default Re: (wisjdmhonda)

if your considering purchasing a turbo kit on a credit card because lack of funds, turbo isn't for you.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Stewie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Stewie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if your considering purchasing a turbo kit n a credit card because lack of funds, turbo isn't for you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Couldn't agree more. You gotta pay to play, and it REALLY isn't worth it to put yourself in debt to get a turbo kit... If you can't drop teh cash for it, your going to be in a lot of trouble... because lots of people blow thier engines within a week of turboing -- not everyone... but it happens, and if you just maxxed out your CC's, are broke, and just blew your motor.... you are now in a world of ****.

Save your money... Besides, 22% interest isn't a bargain. Pay in full.

Matt
Old 07-29-2004, 05:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd say wait, until you have enought for the turbo + a motor cause very easy to blow a motor with turbo. atleast it was for me!

Nick
Old 07-29-2004, 06:40 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

I think everyone should have a daily driver alongside your turbocharged vehicle if you are going to have one. That or a NA motor sitting on the sidelines, and the ability to swap it in quickly if need be. I opted for buying a beater...
Old 07-29-2004, 08:05 AM

Default Re: (Johnyquest)

A LOC has a much lower interest rate than a CC... buy it on credit, transfer the cash from the LOC to pay off the CC when you get the bill, and you have two months to make your first payment... and it's only what, 7.5% interest on a LOC?

I'm seriously considering doing this to finish my kit before the end of the race season... just need another $700-ish (~500 USD). I'm just waiting a full month so that I can work out a payment plan for myself while taking into account average monthly expenses before I do anything. Buying something without having a plan to pay it off is retarded!
Old 07-29-2004, 08:11 AM

Default Re: (DaX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DaX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think everyone should have a daily driver alongside your turbocharged vehicle if you are going to have one. That or a NA motor sitting on the sidelines, and the ability to swap it in quickly if need be. I opted for buying a beater...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Spare motor and tranny in the garage.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:59 AM

Default Re: (beepy)

Yea.... everyone and anyone modding cars should have a crappy daily driver car aside for use. I learned that the hard way when I got my Accord stolen as it was parked in the street. Probably should of bought a pos old cavalier or something to throw around, those things you can't give away.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:09 PM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wongf22b2)

My kick-around POS:

GOD FORBID!!!! An automatic...
Old 07-29-2004, 02:13 PM
ludetech

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Johnyquest &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Couldn't agree more. You gotta pay to play, and it REALLY isn't worth it to put yourself in debt to get a turbo kit... If you can't drop teh cash for it, your going to be in a lot of trouble... because lots of people blow thier engines within a week of turboing -- not everyone... but it happens, and if you just maxxed out your CC's, are broke, and just blew your motor.... you are now in a world of ****.

Save your money... Besides, 22% interest isn't a bargain. Pay in full.

Matt</TD></TR></TABLE>

me and you see eye to eye

turbo on credit nu uh! built motor on credit maybe. because after you blow your motor you dont want to be in debt/ w/o a car and poor
Old 07-30-2004, 01:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: pay monthly for a turbo (ludetech)

Ha...lol. i sold all 3 of my spare motors!! dumb me...but i needed the cash.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: pay monthly for a turbo (shermanyang)

depending on your credit, i can finance something for ya~

Quick Reply: pay monthly for a turbo ((help))