Notices

Panic!!! Please help-God, Artubo, Dustin, somone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2002, 05:56 PM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Panic!!! Please help-God, Artubo, Dustin, somone?

I finally hooked in my Greddy electronic oil pressure gauge today. I have it Tee'd right to where my turbo oil feed goes in. Again as before, when I tried to prime the lines it went really slow by cranking the engine a bit. Once hooked up, I only get a tiny reading on the gauge. not even 0.1 Bar. I know the thing is hooked up right. If I disconnect the sender unit, it goes below zero.

What's the best way to test them. I must be flowing oil because the oil feed line gets quite hot. I'm afraid because this is a rebuilt turbo. My new one initially fried and started burning oil. I'm just worried that i am not sending enough oil through it.

I tried to be careful when I tapped the back of the block. My car never gives me a low oil pressure light so the honda oil sender must be reading pressure. Whats the easiest way to test this without taking the feed line all apart? Is there a unit I can buy to pump pressure into the sending unit that isn't too expensive to test it--like you would use to test vacuum, instead apply pressure?

thanks
torin