Notices

OT: FI Conversation with Local Moron that thinks he's a Hotshot **Long but funny**

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: FI Conversation with Local Moron that thinks he's a Hotshot **Long but funny**

Wasn't sure if its okay to put this here, so move it if need be...

Here's the deal... There is this kid in my town, we'll call him "Chad" ... He currently drives a 2000 Si w/ Iceman intake and Skunk2 Exhaust. All of the ricers go to him to get their parts installed (everything from altezzas to motor swaps).... He calls me when he can't figure something out...

Anyways, he comes over today to my house, and my friend and I are outside, and we all begin talking.... We begin talking about how I just found a hell of a deal on a partial DRAG turbo kit for my friend's SOHC VTEC, and here's how the conversation pretty much went...

Chad: Thats what you should do, buy a kit instead of piecing it together like your doin on your Si.
Me: Dude... Kits are DECENT, but you can do alot more with a custom setup
Chad: F**K that, kits come setup so you know exactly what its going to do, and thats gonna make more power...
Me: **Shakes Head and thinks Damn Ricers**
Chad: What about Dan's GS-R, he has the DRAG kit and his s**t flies!
Me: ummm... I can hang with him and i'm non turbo
Chad: well thats cause his motor is shot and its getting rebuilt right now
(Which it really is)
Me: yeah, and that car will STILL be slow, and my custom setup with Knocking valves and burning oil will beat his car with no problem.
Chad: yeah right, i'm tuning his car, its gonna fly when i'm done with it.
Me: dude... its not as easy as you think
Chad: S**T! I can out-tune you any day! Ask anybody who's car i've worked on how much faster it is after i tune it
(At this time I'm thinkin about my friend's SOHC VTEC that I had to go and put the timing belt back on correctly b/c it was off a tooth after he installed a cam gear on it, and redo the vtec controller settings b/c vtec was engaged at 3500 RPMs, and his Fuel Pressure was set at 52psi, and was richened up on his fields SFC, but thats another story)
Me: whatever.
Chad: You just wait till his car is out, i'm gonna tune the **** out of that thing... He wants me to set it up with his bottle too...
Me: What does he have for fuel management?
Chad: Oh thats no problem, he's got the venom fuel pump and STR Fuel Pressure Regulator
Me: No... fuel MANAGEMENT, not fuel SYSTEM.. How are you going to tune it
Other friend: Dan has an FMU with his turbo kit
Me: wait... your gonna try to tune his car with an FMU for boost and n2o?
Chad: well i'm not sure if he's gonna use the bottle right away, he doesn't even have any nawz in it right now
Me: Where are you taking it to tune it?
Chad: I'm just gonna do it on some back roads
Me: wait... what about a dyno?
Chad: Dynos are a waste of money... I can butt tune it just as good
Me: Dude! Are you nuts?!?!? This is Forced Induction! You lean out once and BYE BYE MOTOR!
Chad: I know what I'm doin
Me: Well what gauges does he have?
Chad: he's got air fuel, boost, fuel pressure, and a few others
Me: Does he have an EGT gauge?
Chad: EGWhat?
Me: The gauge that goes into the exhaust manifold that tells you if your running lean/rich
Chad: Nah... the Autometer AirFuel Gauge will be good enough
Me: Shakes head
Chad: What? you dont think i can tune it?
Me: Dude... I'm going to be running a ******* Hondata, which is MADE for boosting, and when the turbo goes on, it will be at VERY LOW boost just to test drive, then it gets loaded on the trailer, and i'm towing it to the Dyno for tuning..
Chad: s**t... dont be a wimp... just drive it to the dyno
(Dyno is 150 miles away)
Me: No Thanks... I want to keep my motor for a while...
Chad: You just wait till you see his car... we'll race and i'll smoke you.
I begin to walk away and just mumble "if his motor lasts long enough to make it anywhere to race"

Cliffs notes for the lazy...
Ricer comes over and talks ****
Ricer says he can butt tune a turbo car with an autometer a/f gauge
I just shake my head
Old 08-17-2003, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OT: FI Conversation with Local Moron that thinks he's a Hotshot **Long but funny** (ScrapinSi)

I blame it all on "the f-ing movie" everyone and there mother thinks that they can tune, drive and do anything with cars now. Because its a fad. stupid Kids. This kid im sure has no mechanical intelect im sure, sounds like it. How hard is it to install a cam gear correctly? I really cant stand people like this. How can they not understand that they sounds like dumb asses?

Rob
Old 08-17-2003, 07:51 PM

Default Re: OT: FI Conversation with Local Moron that thinks he's a Hotshot **Long but funny** (rjardy)

I know people like him... In fact, a lot of them are on a certain other board which i no longer visit.
Old 08-17-2003, 07:54 PM

Default Re: OT: FI Conversation with Local Moron that thinks he's a Hotshot **Long but funny** (rjardy)

I'm a tooner y0h!

-PHiZ
Old 08-17-2003, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rjardy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I blame it all on "the f-ing movie" everyone and there mother thinks that they can tune, drive and do anything with cars now. Because its a fad. stupid Kids. This kid im sure has no mechanical intelect im sure, sounds like it. How hard is it to install a cam gear correctly? I really cant stand people like this. How can they not understand that they sounds like dumb asses?

Rob</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well he was doing a timing belt on the car at the same time... He does have SOME mechanical skill... after all he was an oil change bitch at Honda...
Old 08-17-2003, 08:18 PM

Default Re: OT: FI Conversation with Local Moron that thinks he's a Hotshot **Long but funny** (PHiZ)

haha lol

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PHiZ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm a tooner y0h!

-PHiZ</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 08-17-2003, 08:30 PM

its ok to drive your car to the dyno, just keep it out of boost. youll be ok. and take lots of rest stops.
Old 08-17-2003, 08:51 PM

Default Re: (nigel)

I hate people like this, there are so many of these retards around me it's sickening. Like the the gooball that wanted to put twin turbo's on his cougar. I started to ask him question on how he was gonna do the setup and he was absolutely clueless. Then i go on to tell him that it will be the biggest waste of money and time. But anyway, I'm building a motor right now, i've done everything on it except for a little machine work. I've dealt with motors for a long time, but i sure as hell don't know how to tune. I bring up my Zdyne UCU program, load up a file, and sit there for minutes on end saying to myself, "what the F$%K do all these #'s mean. I'm so concrened about my tuning i may trailer my car to Jotech or Tony!'s for tuning. I live in MI too, long *** drive.
Old 08-18-2003, 12:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so your saying you cant properly tune without an EGT gauge?