Notices

OT: ever feel like you want to just quit and sell?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2002, 07:03 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: ever feel like you want to just quit and sell?

just wanted to see if you ever thought about quiting and just selling everything.

just getting another car.....stop wasting your money....

enough with all the problems, and all the bullshit....

you guys ever think about it like this??
Old 06-23-2002, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OT: ever feel like you want to just quit and sell? (integra7)

Dude I am thinking this right now!!!! My friend is selling his 92 240SX and I'm thinking of getting it and doing the ever soo famouse SR20DET swap. I mean look at the power these engines can suport in stock form!! (400 HP) Why But I am sure I am just asking for it by getting into this. I am just not happy at all with my cars performance.
Old 06-23-2002, 07:07 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no.
Old 06-23-2002, 07:09 PM

Default Re: OT: ever feel like you want to just quit and sell? (DIRep972)

Sometimes the thought passes. But then, what the hell else would I do?
Old 06-23-2002, 07:20 PM

Default Re: OT: ever feel like you want to just quit and sell? (Inlinefour)

Some time in the near future all of us will probaly give up on this littly hobby. I'm reaching towards the end of this road. Sometimes I just get too frustated by the amount of money I pour into my honda. I have wasted too much money on my car that I can't park anywhere. So let me see, I pay X amount of dollars to make my car look good, drive fast, and handle well. However I do not have AC, and I can't park it anywhere because I'm scared a thief will take my pride and joy away from me. Some people will say to get a beater car. But why have two cars, I rather have one car that I could drive everyday and not worry about someone messing with it. Arggggg In time I will give up on my car and just get some luxury car.

Edit- However with all thats said and done , I will NEVER own another NA car!! Turbo all the way!

[Modified by ekb18c, 4:41 AM 6/24/2002]
Old 06-23-2002, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OT: ever feel like you want to just quit and sell? (ekb18c)

everyday. Hell I put all my stuff up for sale last week and kept getting lowballed. So I will just keep it. I would lose to much cash selling it.
Honda-Tech Member

been there, done that. But making a return to the darkside next year. My 95 was a learning experience, hopefully this 94 hatch will be even better.

Default Re: OT: ever feel like you want to just quit and sell? (Inlinefour)

It does hit me sometimes. I could just put 15g on a nice lexus and don't have to worry about other b.s. But nah I LOVE THIS SPORT. Everyone can put some money down and get a nice car. Building a car is more fun and rewarding. Everytime I go out my friends always ask me" When are you going to finish with your crx?" I smiled and told them it will be ready.
Old 06-23-2002, 07:25 PM

Default Re: OT: ever feel like you want to just quit and sell? (Ltech)

i think about that A LOT lately... 25,000.00 invested (err... invested isnt the right word at all) so far, and its still not done.. car is in primer, with 80% complete interior, and a B16 with IHE..

sigh.. sell it all, buy a CRX/B16/FI and be happy.. i just wish i wouldnt loose my *** on it!
Old 06-23-2002, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: OT: ever feel like you want to just quit and sell? (CustomCockpits)

Been in this game too long to quit now
Old 06-23-2002, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sometimes, money spent and not being able to play with the "toy" that much kinda make me want to get rid of it. But then what else would I do? I like to tinker on my car, and if I sell the one I tinker on, the one I drive everyday will become the test bed for who knows what

<---- Who has the CRX/LS/FI combo and is happy when he gets to drive it once in a blue moon..and it's not down for upgrades/repairs
Old 06-23-2002, 07:33 PM

Nope, not at all.....I just finished my last payment and warranty (whats left of it) is out the door in a mere 8k miles..... my car is beyound selling and I love her too much and this hobby never gets old with me... been in it for 3 years now and I love it.. sometimes you just need a break from it thats all.
Old 06-23-2002, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, which is why im not trying to buy anything else for my car. Although i wouldnt ever sell my car.
Old 06-23-2002, 07:35 PM

Default Re: OT: ever feel like you want to just quit and sell? (shadowdawn)

anyone who says "no" either hasnt been in this hobby long enough, or hasnt spent as much money as all of us
Old 06-23-2002, 07:48 PM

anyone who says "no" either hasnt been in this hobby long enough, or hasnt spent as much money as all of us
Sometimes however it's not just about the money. Last time at E-town I was leaving and I saw these little punks doing burnouts and driving like A$$holes on the road. Basically causing trouble on the streets. Mind you these are all riced up cars with the altezza and all. Some of them dont even have a muffler so they just cut off their muffler from their existing exhaust. Sometimes I think to myself, do I realy want to be associated with these little kids? Dont' get me wrong, sometimes I do drive like an A$$hole too but not like that. All I do is drive really fast on the highway but not on local streets . It's the ricers that give us bad a name and a sterotype.
Old 06-23-2002, 07:55 PM
Smarter than you

spent about 8k on my car. been in the racing scene for 3 years. so u may be right. But i still love my car and I love racing. I love the hobby and I love the sport and lastly the social life that comes with it. If all my friends werent into racing cars, i may have a different outlook on things.

I drove a LS1 Trans Am, TT supra, and TT RX7 last week. after driving all 3 I came back to my car and smiled because I realized how much i like it. The only time ive ever considered selling it is to buy a domestic or japanese sports car to get away from all the rice.
Old 06-23-2002, 08:06 PM

understandable, but the question was ever feel like you want to just quit and sell.. i dont think there are many people who can honestly say that they havent ever considered it
Old 06-23-2002, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have pondered the thought occasionally but then I think what would make me happy? Not much. I am a full time student with about 4-5 terms left and I need something to keep me entertained. When I have money I can spend it on the car, when I dont have money I can clean the car, or clean the engine bay to make it purty. My car is what makes me happy most of the time, that and the girlfriend (who also likes to take my money) and between the two of them I get pleasure. So I honestly dont think I will ever sell my hatch, Ill just keep on building it up and tinkering with it...it is kind of like a never-ending project, there is ALWAYS something else I could do to it, always. I have spent about 8 g's or so on the car on aftermarket stuff, and I could easily dump another 10 into it no problem. It seems like I know every little spot on the car, inside and out, how to get to each bolt and such......So I like my car and I dont think Ill let it go, too much of my own time to give it to someone else.
Old 06-23-2002, 10:21 PM
New User

been in the game 6 years now, thought and came close to selling everything and moving on to something else. But its time for me to build something truly exotic, even if it's a Honda. Gotta start somewhere. I'll never leave the sport, I'll just build different cars.
Old 06-23-2002, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Man I have been thinking about that everyday for the past few months. Ever since my black car was totalled I have just been through hell with cars. I have been driving a stock automatic Integra and let me tell you I am starting to get used to it. Its kind of scary. Plus I've got this Corolla sitting here that needs to be finished. So many cars so little time.
Old 06-23-2002, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

exactly, the current crowd in this scene is giving the rest of us a bad name, dont get me wrong, im a car nut no matter what. just was thinking of choosing a different weapon to mod out lately.....
Old 06-23-2002, 11:01 PM

Only when I think about how much money I've put in....and how much I'm actually going to get back out. Putting an aftermarket turbo on a car is seriously a never ending money-pit. There is always SOMETHING that needs to be upgraded, added, or fixed. I just wish I was a little easier on my motor so I could have left it stock, instead of dumping 2 grand on internals. I didn't even get to install the hondata I bought 3 months ago.....
Old 06-23-2002, 11:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Some time in the near future all of us will probaly give up on this littly hobby. I'm reaching towards the end of this road. Sometimes I just get too frustated by the amount of money I pour into my honda. I have wasted too much money on my car that I can't park anywhere. So let me see, I pay X amount of dollars to make my car look good, drive fast, and handle well. However I do not have AC, and I can't park it anywhere because I'm scared a thief will take my pride and joy away from me. Some people will say to get a beater car. But why have two cars, I rather have one car that I could drive everyday and not worry about someone messing with it. Arggggg In time I will give up on my car and just get some luxury car.

Edit- However with all thats said and done , I will NEVER own another NA car!! Turbo all the way!

[Modified by ekb18c, 4:41 AM 6/24/2002]
that is EXACTLY how i'm feeling right now. plus, i don't like where this sport is headed with big corporations and automobile manufacturers jumping on the bandwagon to take the joy out of a hobby to turn into a business. and ever since the **** and the curious came out, this sport has gone to ***** and it is getting worse. with all the altezzas, led windshield washer squirters, primer cars (that will never be painted), unpainted body kits, three or four spoiler cars... i don't want to be categorized as one of those guys just because i drive a civic.

all the money spent on my car and i don't even have a chance to take my car to the track because of all the little problems that keep on popping up.

[Modified by boostedeg6, 12:50 AM 6/24/2002]
Old 06-24-2002, 05:34 AM

Default Re: OT: ever feel like you want to just quit and sell? (boostedeg6)

that is EXACTLY how i'm feeling right now. plus, i don't like where this sport is headed with big corporations and automobile manufacturers jumping on the bandwagon to take the joy out of a hobby to turn into a business. and ever since the **** and the curious came out, this sport has gone to ***** and it is getting worse. with all the altezzas, led windshield washer squirters, primer cars (that will never be painted), unpainted body kits, three or four spoiler cars... i don't want to be categorized as one of those guys just because i drive a civic.

[Modified by boostedeg6, 12:50 AM 6/24/2002]
you said it all right there............ but i like my car, problems are going to happen, its the way you learn
Old 06-24-2002, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OT: ever feel like you want to just quit and sell? (93B17A)

Oh yeah... that's one hella true statement... I mean... yeah, I've thought about cashing out (and losing a chunk of money) but I LOVE MY CAR... I love to see it, drive it and chill in it... Next week I am removing my turbo for some preventative maintenance and I still will love driving my car... slow and all. I adore this sport... but all the punk kids and ricers just get to me. I hate to be categorized with them as well... heck, I'm 27 and the cops still look at me like I just picked up my driver's permit !

All of the riceTEzzaZ and high rice aluminum wings are quite amusing these days.... I mean ther is nothing better than seeing a totally stock late models Altima with an aluminum tail and Arospeed fart can rolling stock height on hubcaps and not tint ! What a hoot, how can you not see the fun ?!?! It's just all the negative press that irks me...

Yeah, I've thought of selling it all.... then I look at my carbon fiber boost gauge and tell myself.... ahhh.... FU@% it ! This sport makes me happy... dissapointments and all.

Quick Reply: OT: ever feel like you want to just quit and sell?