Notices

OT:DET stock block bottom end hp record

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT:DET stock block bottom end hp record

we decided to shoot for the stock bottom end horsepower record for the nissan sr20det and we think we have it, we decided to stop at 570hp, 416tq. as far as we can see the record was 549hp.

here's the lowdown on the setup...

stock bottom end
cometic headgasket
arp headstuds
hks valve springs
ferrea retainers
hks 264 intake/ 272 exhaust step 2 cams
RAS
greddy intake manifold
ebay intercooler
full-race manifold
GT35R turbo, .82 A/R exhaust housing
tial 44mm wastegate
3" turbo back
precision 1000cc injectors
AEM EMS system
dual walbro intank pumps
and some other stuff i'm probably forgetting...

here's the dyno chart. i know it's running a little lean up above 7000, but we're gonna fix that out on the street and make sure everything is dialed in nicely under real world conditions..

hopefully we'll have a video coming soon as soon as our video guy gets here and gets it posted.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: OT:DET stock block bottom end hp record (DontBlink)

damnnn thats not a honda thats fo sho

Thats why everyone likes those motors
Old 08-25-2005, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Didn't I read a stock k-series doing this or was that a rumor?
Old 08-25-2005, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MidShipCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MidShipCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Didn't I read a stock k-series doing this or was that a rumor?</TD></TR></TABLE>
I wouldnt doubt it...
Old 08-25-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Re: (jDMJeRk)

Nice
Old 08-25-2005, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (11psiTurboSI)

I just left the garage 20 minutes ago. they got it a little richer up top and still is doing 568 to 570whp every pull. car is just sick
Old 08-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Impressive. Try going down the 1320 with that power now I'm not sure how long it will last at that level. My old friend Scott put down 540whp on a stock DET bottom end. Good luck.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OT:DET stock block bottom end hp record (0x64)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 0x64 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Impressive. Try going down the 1320 with that power now I'm not sure how long it will last at that level. My old friend Scott put down 540whp on a stock DET bottom end. Good luck.</TD></TR></TABLE>

that will be tomorrow night. our last 240 made 467 and ran 11.00@128 on et streets so im sure this will be a real treat. if the bottom end stays together for one clean run we'll be happy but were more worried about the tranmission and rear end.we have another motor for this car we are building, the owner wanted this one to go out in style . but this motor looks real solid, no knock, fuel on the rich side, timeing in check. so time will only tell.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

PSI?
Old 08-25-2005, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OT:DET stock block bottom end hp record (JalopySiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JalopySiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">PSI?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I believe eric or jay told me 25-26psi

to Jay and Eric and all the hybrid staff for always gettin good tunes on cars
Old 08-26-2005, 04:25 AM
official honda whore

Default Re: OT:DET stock block bottom end hp record (BoostR41)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostR41 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I believe eric or jay told me 25-26psi

to Jay and Eric and all the hybrid staff for always gettin good tunes on cars</TD></TR></TABLE>

from what i have seen there very cool and know there ****
Old 08-26-2005, 05:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OT:DET stock block bottom end hp record (coptzer)

That's Impressive power
Old 08-26-2005, 06:47 AM

Default Re: OT:DET stock block bottom end hp record (Turbocivic94)

you guys always have some sick cars!

when can i join the hybrid team?
Old 08-26-2005, 11:22 AM

congrats on another job well done,

Ill be up saturday to drop the block off to Jay and order in my ARP mains
Old 08-26-2005, 11:46 AM

Default Re: (MidShipCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MidShipCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Didn't I read a stock k-series doing this or was that a rumor?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Did he ask you if a stock k-series is doing that? NO. As a matter of fact, show me MORE THAN 1 doing that :: I'll show you a handful of DET making similar power on stock bottom-end.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jDMJeRK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wouldnt doubt it... </TD></TR></TABLE>
Get off the above dude's d*cK

Ignorant people amaze me.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DontBlink &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">we decided to shoot for the stock bottom end horsepower record for the nissan sr20det and we think we have it, we decided to stop at 570hp, 416tq. as far as we can see the record was 549hp.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Good Job, guys.
I'm also shooting for the FWD SR20DET stock bottom end record; IIRC, the FWD record is 52x whp. I made 420whp already on a log manifold. I now have an equal length manifold and fuel to support it. It will be going to the dyno soon.

Nonetheless...Good job on the numbers. It truly shows how STOUT the bottom-end of the DET is.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SE-Rawkus)

I'm fairly certain they weren't being condescending. They were just stating an interesting fact...

Calm down.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SE-Rawkus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did he ask you if a stock k-series is doing that? NO. As a matter of fact, show me MORE THAN 1 doing that :: I'll show you a handful of DET making similar power on stock bottom-end.

Get off the above dude's d*cK

Ignorant people amaze me.

Good Job, guys.
I'm also shooting for the FWD SR20DET stock bottom end record; IIRC, the FWD record is 52x whp. I made 420whp already on a log manifold. I now have an equal length manifold and fuel to support it. It will be going to the dyno soon.

Nonetheless...Good job on the numbers. It truly shows how STOUT the bottom-end of the DET is.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Your going to get banned acting like this. I can mention anything oem and power related to this thread, you are on a Honda site already bragging. I didn't even discriminate.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:09 PM

Default Re: (JalopySiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JalopySiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm fairly certain they weren't being condescending. They were just stating an interesting fact...
Calm down.</TD></TR></TABLE>
This thread started about a DET, not a k-series.

IMO, the post was condescending. If someone here started a thread saying 'how much power this k-series did on the bottom end' and I came around and said, 'DETs do that on stock bottom end' I bet I'd get a couple of smart comments here and there.

At the very least, give the man his props before making such comment.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MidShipCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your going to get banned acting like this. I can mention anything oem and power related to this thread, you are on a Honda site already bragging. I didn't even discriminate. </TD></TR></TABLE>
If I do get banned from this site, H-T Mods would truly show their true colors. It would be apparent that anything not associated with the 'Almighty H' is not welcomed to this site to express their opinion; given that many communities outside the Honda camp come here for some knowledge. I personally don't care if I get banned from this site. I learn just as much on the SR20forum. VTC, civicflnum1, and couple other H-T members can vouch that I am a fellow car enthusiast that likes to learn and will put in his .02 if something was not appropriate.

If you want to mention anything OEM and power related in this forum then start YOUR OWN thread and talk about it there. Don't come to someone elses thread and go OFF TOPIC; nobody mentioned anything remotely about a K-series.

You are mistaken if you think I am bragging about anything. I didn't come here and say "HAHHA Honda wishes they could do that on a stock bottom end"....Did I??? I simply gave the man his props and congratulated him/them on the power they made.

In all, IMHO, your comment was condescending.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SE-Rawkus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This thread started about a DET, not a k-series.

okay your going no where

IMO, the post was condescending. If someone here started a thread saying 'how much power this k-series did on the bottom end' and I came around and said, 'DETs do that on stock bottom end' I bet I'd get a couple of smart comments here and there.

still going no where

At the very least, give the man his props before making such comment.

I dont need to do anything

If I do get banned from this site, H-T Mods would truly show their true colors. It would be apparent that anything not associated with the 'Almighty H' is not welcomed to this site to express their opinion; given that many communities outside the Honda camp come here for some knowledge. I personally don't care if I get banned from this site. I learn just as much on the SR20forum. VTC, civicflnum1, and couple other H-T members can vouch that I am a fellow car enthusiast that likes to learn and will put in his .02 if something was not appropriate.

You should stop acting like you moderate this site. No one said no one else said you couldn't come post non-Honda related, on the other hand THIS isn't your site to tell people what to do

You are mistaken if you think I am bragging about anything.

Yes you're bragging '' I'll show you a handful of DET making similar power on stock bottom-end.''

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Go read the FI section rules :https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=878169 I'm not breaking them.

Now if someone posted the dyno link to the 500 whp stock K, I could have simply compared it, but you keep bickering on useless bullshit, notice no one else is making a big deal about it except you.

Old 08-26-2005, 03:33 PM
Def
Honda-Tech Member

Dude, get the stick out of your ***.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:11 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DontBlink &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">here's the lowdown on the setup...

....hks 264 intake/ 272 exhaust step 2 cams...

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Any reason why you guys went with the HKS cams vs. JWT cams? JWT S series cams have proven to be superior over the HKS, Tomei, and Toda cams in turbocharged SR20s.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:21 PM

nice now go run a 10.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:04 PM

Default Re: OT:DET stock block bottom end hp record (SE-Rawkus)

you are a crybaby dude. Of course on a honda site someone is going to make a comparison to a honda motor. That doesn't make this car any less impressive. Don't be so defensive.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OT:DET stock block bottom end hp record (STD ONEpointSIX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by STD ONEpointSIX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nice now go run a 10.</TD></TR></TABLE>

they had it at the track tonight but unfortunatly they called the event before anyone could run due to rain
Old 08-26-2005, 10:15 PM

Default Re: OT:DET stock block bottom end hp record (BoostR41)

That sucks. Better luck tomorrow hopefully

Quick Reply: OT:DET stock block bottom end hp record