Notices

opinions on Turbonetics Turbo kits

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 02:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinions on Turbonetics Turbo kits

Hello,

I'm very new to FI. I have alot of questions rearding the subject. I'll start here. I'm looking to buy a Turbo kit for my 95 civic EX with a d16. I have looked around and have found this kit here

http://www.prostreetonline.com/pnsku/tnt-15117.asp

I was woundering if its a good kit and if it comes with everything I need to have a good setup?

Thanks for any comments.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: opinions on Turbonetics Turbo kits (StevenGunn)

might be worth researching on their website: http://www.turboneticsinc.com/..._id=5

doesn't show any honda turbo kits right now. Which is odd that ProStreet would be selling something Turbonetics doesn't even list that they make.

Also, the pic of that kit isn't a D block....it's a twin cam head, which isn't a d-block motor.

Turbonetics stuff is generally good, but I would question this website apparently selling something turbonetics doesn't even show that they make!

Also, spend some time reading the FAQ's.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:50 AM

Default Re: opinions on Turbonetics Turbo kits (StevenGunn)

turbonetics makes good parts. the turbo kit use to be good back in the days because they were one of the only ones out there. depending on how much there kit is, you can find other kits out there that may be better for your money. check with http://www.cheapturbos.com to find some. this is the site for peakboost turbo kits. These kits are known to make serious power. the maifolds are also tubular and backed by a lifetime warranty.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: opinions on Turbonetics Turbo kits (syzurs1)

Turbonetics discontinued production of their Honda turbo kits. I spoke with them on the phone a couple months ago about this. They also told me that all of their Honda turbo kits came with ball bearing turbos...

I have one and it looks like a very well designed kit. However, keep in mind these kits are designed for STOCK engines.

Ryan