Notices

An open letter to those who post images

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 07:58 PM
ehnus

Default An open letter to those who post images

Please be wary of where you're linking images from. Better yet, if you want to post up pictures, mirror them into your own website before posting.

Thanks to ignorant retards like ladysman and others, over 1.2 gigabytes of my bandwidth was used up. You may think that you're the only ones looking at it but after I originally posted the pictures (which I host off my own cable modem), they ended up on 15 (fifteen) different forums, and that was just in the last week. They were up for about another 4 days before that so it could've been more too as my logs are purged weekly. This doesn't account for the people who had the image sent to them either.

Looking at my Apache logs I started to wonder why they were growing much much faster than they normally do. Well, apparantly many people thought it was cool and it spread FAST.

I wouldn't have minded if someone had asked me first if they could link to them, but no one was that considerate.

Someone mentioned that the images I replaced were bigger. Yes, they are, but the content had them removed from the forums linking to the pictures fast enough that it wasn't an issue. There were only 146 views total of the replaced images.

I hope that you all learned a lesson here today: mirror your own goddamned images.

Old 01-04-2004, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: An open letter to those who post images (ehnus)

are you the assclown who substituted the homo-sick disgusting pics?

Old 01-04-2004, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay we get the point, now go away. I guess we gotta ban this name too!

In before the B A N
Old 01-04-2004, 08:18 PM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ehnus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks to ignorant retards like ladysman and others, over 1.2 gigabytes of my bandwidth was used up. </TD></TR></TABLE>

sucks to be you! your hosting company must love you. coming here and bitching about it is pointless though. have a nice day you sick ****.