Notices

omni 4 bar vs stock map vacuum voltage scaled the same....?

Old 06-24-2008, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default omni 4 bar vs stock map vacuum voltage scaled the same....?

I have never been able to use the wideband logging feature with my blue emanage because it only has ONE port to either connect a 3 bar OR a wideband. I have the greddy 3 bar hooked to because i run 20+ psi. Now that omni has the oem style 4 bar, can i just throw that into the stock spot and run emanage off that? the only question i guess is the omni the same scale (voltage) in vacuum as the stock map is or is it scaled differently. If it were read lower or higher than stock it really F my map because it's a piggy-back ya know.....? Could i just use the injector size settings to offset any difference?

Old 06-24-2008, 08:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: omni 4 bar vs stock map vacuum voltage scaled the same....? (wilham320)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wilham320 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have never been able to use the wideband logging feature with my blue emanage because it only has ONE port to either connect a 3 bar OR a wideband. I have the greddy 3 bar hooked to because i run 20+ psi. Now that omni has the oem style 4 bar, can i just throw that into the stock spot and run emanage off that? the only question i guess is the omni the same scale (voltage) in vacuum as the stock map is or is it scaled differently. If it were read lower or higher than stock it really F my map because it's a piggy-back ya know.....? Could i just use the injector size settings to offset any difference?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

When using the greddy emanage system you must use the greddy secondary pressure sensor.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: omni 4 bar vs stock map vacuum voltage scaled the same....? (mtber)

but you can use the stock map up to 10 psi... does the 4 bar read the same voltage at 10 psi as the stock map, or does it scale down the voltage? just trying to clarify...
Old 06-25-2008, 06:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: omni 4 bar vs stock map vacuum voltage scaled the same....? (wilham320)

No, you can't, it's a different voltage.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wilham320 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but you can use the stock map up to 10 psi... does the 4 bar read the same voltage at 10 psi as the stock map, or does it scale down the voltage? just trying to clarify...</TD></TR></TABLE>

You have to be able to have that option in your emanage software. I don't think it is the same voltage cause it is a 4 bar instead of a 3 bar. Correct me if I am wrong. The map sensor works off of voltage. As the pressure increases, the voltage increases. So if you put a 4 bar in place of a 3 bar than the whole map would be off and a re-tune would follow. Because the computer will see the voltage to correspond to the correct pressure, but instead the pressure and voltage would be off and that would not be good for the tune.

How much boost do you plan on running? Cause a 3 bar is good for around 44.1 psi. I am running the 4 bar hondata (same as the omni) in my car simpily because it was a plug and play for my hondata. Now do I need a 4 bar at this time, no. But it was super easy to install. My suggestion is to stay with what you have and 44.1 psi is a hell of a lot of boost. Hope this helps you out. G/L
Old 06-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: omni 4 bar vs stock map vacuum voltage scaled the same....? (TurboEK9Coupe)

I only need it to read up to 30 psi... i just got my hopes up for nothing. i guess i need to go hondata one of these days. I just got a great deal on emanage years ago when i was on the greddy kit. i got so good at tuning it that i really don't want to give it up.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: omni 4 bar vs stock map vacuum voltage scaled the same....? (TurboEK9Coupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboEK9Coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

a 3 bar is good for around 44.1 psi. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeah, 44.1 psi absolute. So about 29lbs of boost.