Notices

OK This has gotten out of hand. Who will vouch for "The drop shop"

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2002, 01:10 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK This has gotten out of hand. Who will vouch for "The drop shop"

Well, After talking with a few guys affiliated with them, i decieded to jump in for the manifold group buy. Hell, 200$, if it sucks, it'll be alright i suppose. So i send payment, a long with 16 other people. It all started with "I need to build the manifolds, then they'll ship" Well, building them somehow took a month and a half with quiet a few excuses. Now, were at two months, Jon (usdm ED9) has been quoted as stating that they were shipped a week and a half ago. The monday before thanksgiving. Now, he won't answer his phone, nor will he answer ims to anyone in the groupbuy. I have had nothing but good experiences with buying from people off of here. But i guess i must have one bad experience before my turbo setup is finished, and this is it.

Who can vouch for good service with the drop shop? Their address is http://www.thedropshop.tv
Old 12-05-2002, 02:43 PM

Default Re: OK This has gotten out of hand. Who will vouch for "The drop shop" (GraphiteAccord)

LOOK
down

[Modified by Usdm ED9, 12:05 AM 12/6/2002]
Old 12-05-2002, 02:46 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: OK This has gotten out of hand. Who will vouch for "The drop shop" (Usdm ED9)

OH MY GOOD GOD
see the post about the manifolds
I see no tracking numbers. I need more then just "I dropped them off with someone to have them shipped monday night" We need some type of way of knowing their on their way. Any proof? Only thing i have proof of is 2 months ago i paypaled you, along with 15 other people. And none of us, even people that live a few states away from you, haven't seen ANYTHING.
Old 12-05-2002, 02:49 PM

Default Re: OK This has gotten out of hand. Who will vouch for "The drop shop" (Usdm ED9)

I can vouch for him. He might take a little longer than some, but it's because he does 100% quality work. HE WILL NOT TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN. He's had this business for many years and has TONS of happy customers, me included. He's not just some one-time-shot group buy punk. He's done plenty of installs on my old CRX, and he's always fair.

So just be patient...you'll get your part in due time, and it will be quality...

If you have any questions, e-mail me at proolux12@aol.com.
Old 12-05-2002, 02:51 PM

Default Re: OK This has gotten out of hand. Who will vouch for "The drop shop" (GraphiteAccord)

This was last week before turkey day
PRE PAINT so all of you will have tracking #'s by monday @ the latest
PLEASE RELAX

[Modified by Usdm ED9, 12:28 AM 12/6/2002]
Old 12-05-2002, 02:53 PM

Hi,
I know Jon personally- he is not the type to rip anyone off.

I don't know the whole situation going on right now, but I know you will not get stiffed. I hate waiting, I'd probably be a little ticked right now too, but you will get your parts. If you don't email me, I'll drive up to his shop, beat the hell out of him, and ship it to you myself!!

Tom
Old 12-05-2002, 02:54 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Wait, So now we have to wait till this monday for them to ship? Is this just another excuse?

Hopefully they will ship finally 2 weeks After you said they would.

Edit: Why can't they be shipped Tomorrow? Saturday? ups will come and pick stuff up from you if needed i believe.

[Modified by GraphiteAccord, 11:55 PM 12/5/2002]
Old 12-05-2002, 02:54 PM

I can vouch, I have been to his shop, and seen the work he does, I have suggested him to some of my freinds, and I also have meet the guy, and we became freinds. So is he liggit?....YES. you also have to take in the fact that it does take some time to handmake custom mainfolds. And from what I saw, you will be getting more than your monies worth.
Old 12-05-2002, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

[img]www.thedropshop.tv/pre_paint.jpg[/img]
Old 12-05-2002, 02:57 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: OK This has gotten out of hand. Who will vouch for "The drop shop" (tegasaurus)

By the way, i will gadly retract anything i have said, and post you as reputable once everything is taken care of. I'm not out to hold grudges or anything, But 2 months is a long time. Not to mention getting lied to about shipping dates.
Old 12-05-2002, 02:57 PM

he is telling you the truth.... he has a shop full of cars, plus more outside, everytime i go into the shop i trip over bits of pipe from making your manifolds.... PLUS he is trying to get his new shop secured.... its been increadibly hectic... THEN he burnt his hand...

be patient, jon is honest and works hard. but his plate is soo full right now that you guys need to be patient. you will get your stuff.
Old 12-05-2002, 03:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i can vouch for him. i've known him online for over a year now. good guy, always willing to help, to my knowledge would never **** anyone over. he's in business because he enjoys the work and gets a kick out of making 'stuff' work. hang tight for haffa night and i'm sure they'll get to you guys. like you said, you need some kind of snag in your buildup, this was just a temporary snafu i'm sure.
Old 12-05-2002, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

please just ship the manifolds.. please ship the manifold
Old 12-05-2002, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wait, So now we have to wait till this monday for them to ship? Is this just another excuse?
Hopefully they will ship finally 2 weeks After you said they would.
Welding is hard work, and finding a good bargain is even harder work.
Jon was willing to help quite a number (16) of you from Honda-Tech.
Rather than spend almost double the money on any other big name brand
manifold, he decided to take it upon himself and make custom made-to-order
manifolds so people could complete their custom turbo kits and remain frugal about it.

Its hard to work 40/hours a week at a performance shop, finishing 3 H22a motor swaps for happy accord owners, and squeeze in time to finish a good product for the H-T community. Each manifold requires 5 man hours of time + labor, times 16 buyers... is 80 hours. That's 2 solid weeks of work on top of a nomal work week. How does it do it?.. Before scheduled shop hours, and an extra 3-4 hours every night after he closes, in order to finish them all.

I'm not including the extra 10 hours labor for the 5 downpipes.
Maybe he welds in his sleep.

I didn't type all this out to portray some kind of sob story, ... yeah he offered custom manifolds at a majorly cheap price, to save everyone some money. Yes there were some setbacks that delayed parts + materials a good week or two, but most of the items are completed. People have to be a little flexible when it comes to custom ordered / manufactured items. Even Maxrev went through a stage where people waited for a period for their items. I can imagine how busy they were behind the scenes trying to compete all their items as well.

I guess what it boils down to is ... for the meager ammount of money invested, either wait a little longer... or learn how to accurately TIG weld, and try to keep a very demanding community on your good side....

"i decieded to jump in for the manifold group buy. Hell, 200$, if it sucks, it'll be alright i suppose."

Hey ... if you need it faster, ... buy something off-the-shelf
Old 12-05-2002, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OK This has gotten out of hand. Who will vouch for "The drop shop" (Sinitron)

i'm gonna have to respond to this:

The manifolds are done why hold it for 2 weeks.. its just better bussiness practice to ship them as soon as they are done. It doesnt take that long to ship them. In fact its the easiest part of the transaction. The man wasnt too busy to collect the money right? I speak for everyone, we'v been VERY patient and we've accepted all the set backs. We were ok with all that.. we were all ok with the lateness of the manifolds... we were all ok with no updates. It was when the man lied about shipping the manifolds is when we started feeling different. Dont get me wrong I undstand the man's busy.. I've supported him all the way through.. but to straight up lie to his customers? just not good business practice in my opinion
Old 12-05-2002, 04:10 PM

Default Re: OK This has gotten out of hand. Who will vouch for "The drop shop" (TORQUE MONSTER)

i'm gonna have to respond to this:

The manifolds are done why hold it for 2 weeks.. its just better bussiness practice to ship them as soon as they are done. It doesnt take that long to ship them. In fact its the easiest part of the transaction. The man wasnt too busy to collect the money right? I speak for everyone, we'v been VERY patient and we've accepted all the set backs. We were ok with all that.. we were all ok with the lateness of the manifolds... we were all ok with no updates. It was when the man lied about shipping the manifolds is when we started feeling different. Dont get me wrong I undstand the man's busy.. I've supported him all the way through.. but to straight up lie to his customers? just not good business practice in my opinion
LIED
i never lied to any of you
i did drop them off to be shipped
but unfortuneatly they never went out
in my busy life i didnt get a chance to check on them
i have them now and i will be shipping ASAP
so RELAX have a and be knowing
im on top of it. As you can see i have alot on my plate and
i have/had NO reason to lie
Old 12-05-2002, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I will vouch for him. any member of the poundrex has their word as their bond. WIU.
Old 12-05-2002, 04:38 PM
mos
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OK This has gotten out of hand. Who will vouch for "The drop shop" (Sinitron)

Hey ... if you need it faster, ... buy something off-the-shelf
I know waiting this long sucks, and I feel for you guys who are in a hurry, but the above quote sums up how I feel also.
Old 12-05-2002, 04:43 PM

Default Re: OK This has gotten out of hand. Who will vouch for "The drop shop" (CND_CRX)

I will vouch for him. any member of the poundrex has their word as their bond. WIU.
Werd Zorz thanks
u still need clusterfuck?
Old 12-05-2002, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

DAMN calm down man hes doing his best to get them here as soon as possible ... i can vouch for him.
Old 12-05-2002, 06:36 PM

yeah that guy is an idiot at the drop shop.. are you guys serious building turbo kits out of that garbage?

friend of mine in florida had a bitch of a time getting a motor through that guy.. it's so funny i see this post about his shop and having problems with getting their product and what not...
Old 12-05-2002, 06:56 PM

Default Re: OK This has gotten out of hand. Who will vouch for "The drop shop" (FFgaeson)

yeah jay thats real cool

[Modified by Usdm ED9, 8:10 PM 12/5/2002]
Old 12-05-2002, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OK This has gotten out of hand. Who will vouch for "The drop shop" (FFgaeson)

yeah that guy is an idiot at the drop shop.. are you guys serious building turbo kits out of that garbage?
I love it when Post-Trollsİ, and Thread Highjackers emerge on Honda-Tech.com

This is a great example of someone who:
A) Has never come to The Drop Shop or met any of its staff.
B) Has never called The Drop Shop
C) Has never emailed The Drop Shop
D) Has never done business with, or ordered anything from above.
E) Has never seen the product.
F) Isn't impacted in any way by slandering or libeling the above.

Mudslinging is a lost art I guess.
Old 12-05-2002, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I bought a motor indirectly thought Jon, sold him another, and have had regular smaller business transactions as well.

Punctuality is not his forte by any means.

He IS however an honest and upstanding person and businessman. You guys all need to smoke a J and chill the fizzzzzuck out.
Old 12-05-2002, 07:25 PM

Everyone needs to CALM DOWN.... Jon is a great guy, he is building parts that sometimes you run into problems with... BE PATIENT....

Thumbup for Jon.

Quick Reply: OK This has gotten out of hand. Who will vouch for "The drop shop"