Notices

Ok guys, stuck once again (bare with me and help if you can)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2001, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok guys, stuck once again (bare with me and help if you can)

Ok, i know you guys dont like to see me down and out like this, but i am stuck once again:

Ok, i am attempting to install an Autometer Boost guage, and an Autometer A/F guage:

First the Boost guage, i think i have it all figured out, the nylon line that they include with the kit i will "T" into the intake manifodl on any vac line, howver i am confused as to how it can read boost if i "T" into a vac line, none the less, is this correct do i hook into a vac line?

SECOND problem:

A/F guage, i have to splice into a wire on the O2 sensor, i am OB2 as most know and i am wondering do i splice into the secondary or primary sensor? the one on the downpipe or on the cat? and what wire (color) do i splice?????? also, do we have heated or non-heated 02 sensors? help me guys, if you have it in your hearts, anyone done this that can lend me a hand, or have install diagrams or pics? or just coach me through it online? my AIM name is VTEC2000si thanks guys!
Old 10-09-2001, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ok guys, stuck once again (rawdigga)

what do i do with my IAT Sensor OB2 people??????
Old 10-09-2001, 07:07 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Ok guys, stuck once again (NYb16)

Tap into the primary O2, the one before the cat. It will "hunt" or flip back and forth while in closed loop as it is trying to find a stoichiometric injector pulsewidth. Then you romp on it, it will read the true (or as true as a stock O2 can get) rich/lean status.

You can tap into any vacuum/boost signal line with a Tee because the pressure is the same throughout the intake and you are only adding a tiny amount of volume with the nylon tubing.

HTH
Old 10-10-2001, 03:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ok guys, stuck once again (5 Liter Eater)

but what do i do with my IAT Sensor? (Intake Air Sensor)......this used to plug into my AEM CAI......civic Turbo owners? im not sure if GSR people have it