Notices

Oil Pan baffle welded in. What to spray the inside pan with? To prevent rust, etc. Similiar to OEM p

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 01:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Pan baffle welded in. What to spray the inside pan with? To prevent rust, etc. Similiar to OEM p

Hey, just got a baffle welded in my oil pan, and I need something to repaint the inside again, so the baffle wont rust. Let me know whats as close to the OEM paint they use on the stock oil pan.

Thanks
Synik
Old 01-29-2006, 02:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Oil Pan baffle welded in. What to spray the inside pan with? To prevent rust, etc. Similiar to O

don't worry about the inside, the oil will prevent rust. you dont need to take a chance, and get paint crap in your oil system. the rods are not painted.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Oil Pan baffle welded in. What to spray the inside pan with? To prevent rust, etc. Similiar to O

Im just afraid, if I park my car in the garage forawhile, or so, It will eventually rust, etc. -=P

Im sure the rods have some sort of castings to prevent things from rusting? (whatever material it is made from)
Old 01-29-2006, 04:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by synik &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im just afraid, if I park my car in the garage forawhile, or so, It will eventually rust, etc. -=P

</TD></TR></TABLE>

ah no........the oil pan is full of oil all the time the engine is not running.......it will not rust no matter what......

Old 01-29-2006, 04:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by non-VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ah no........the oil pan is full of oil all the time the engine is not running.......it will not rust no matter what......

</TD></TR></TABLE>

True that, doh, the baffle sits low.

But anyone knows of a paint that will work? Or no .-=P

http://estores.merchantpartner...id=91
http://www.heeltoeauto.com/mar...3.jpg

I got my baffle from heeltoe and he has the image painted on one of them. Just curious. If theres such thing as a spray can that can paint this.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dont worry man it wont rust ..unless you drain all the oil clean off the baffle really good and let it sit...the oil will coat it even if you drain the oil. but on a side note ...if it will be a little bit before its installed put a little oil on it till you do install it.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

seeing as no one answered his question, i highly doubt anyone makes the paint. the paint would go thru so many different conditions and on top of that, sitting in oil would make it deteriate. I dont know what honda uses but i dont think u can buy it in any local store
Old 01-29-2006, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (raiden571)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raiden571 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">seeing as no one answered his question, i highly doubt anyone makes the paint. the paint would go thru so many different conditions and on top of that, sitting in oil would make it deteriate. I dont know what honda uses but i dont think u can buy it in any local store</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea. Im just curious about it, Since everynow and then I have some scratch, etc on the outside, and to cover up welds for bungs and stuff. So I thought, why not do everythere as OEM.

I guess Id just leave it non painted then. Thanks -=P

Synik
Old 04-20-2006, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (synik)

anyone know what to use for the oem look when welding a bung for oil return?
Old 04-20-2006, 01:26 PM
wrenchin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (kcjohnnyboy)

why would you bring up a thread from 3 months ago?? who cares about the oem look? its a frigging oil pan, it holds your oil. deal with it being ugly