Notices

Which oil line kit to choose?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 06:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which oil line kit to choose?

I need some folks to shoot some advice my way regarding the myriad oil line kits available on the market: EDIT: PRICES POSTED

-- The Stealthmodeperformance.com Kit-- (seems to be most popular) $85 shipped

-- The cheapturbolines.com Kit -- (has nice push fittings/no welding necessary on pan) $78+shipping

-- The Fast-Turbo.com Kit -- (-An fittings look cool, but most $ of the three) $109 shipped

If there are other, better options out there, please bring them to my attention. I would, however, like some honest, experienced feedback regarding these three kits.

Modified by Wilky at 10:53 PM 4/19/2006
Old 04-19-2006, 06:20 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stealthmode
Old 04-19-2006, 06:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Schister66)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Schister66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">stealthmode </TD></TR></TABLE>

Why?
Old 04-19-2006, 06:52 AM

Default Re: (Wilky)

Stan @ Fast-turbo

awesome guy, and looks to be the most complete.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Chris22215)

i got the fast-turbo, quality parts
Old 04-19-2006, 07:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which oil line kit to choose? (Wilky)

The fast turbo one looks pretty good with the agled fittings, nice.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which oil line kit to choose? (drintegra)

stealthmode because you dont have to go to the hardware store to buy the bolts for your return fitting.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:22 AM
I've quit using this account

what are the prices for each
Old 04-19-2006, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Kelly.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kelly. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what are the prices for each </TD></TR></TABLE>

Stealthmode is $85 shipped on their site and often run H-T specials

Fast-Turbo is $109 shipped running an H-T special right now

The Cheap Oil Lines kit is $78 + shipping

Modified by Wilky at 11:47 AM 4/19/2006
Old 04-19-2006, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

fast turbo

once and done. and done right.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turbotime)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbotime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">once and done. and done right.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what I'm going for. Anyone have problems with the other two kits, and does the Fast-turbo kit come with the option of steel or aluminum pan tap?

I have heard horror stories of fittings on the block breaking, as well. Fast-turbo sells a sandwich filter adapter. Anyone have experience with this? Is this a viable alternative to block fittings?
Old 04-19-2006, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i myself have never broke a block fitting. I Believe its just user error as for as overtightening those things in the block. another option would be to mount it to the firewall. stealthmode also sells firewall kits
Old 04-19-2006, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i also like the AN fittings with the fast-turbo kit. stan can get you anything you want...steel, aluminum, angles, whatever, im sure he wouldnt be opposed to doing a custom type kit if you need something other than pictured.

that exact kit is what i use on my log mani setup, and the good thing is u can cut the return line to fit your needs. also i like the 45* off the turbo and 45* into the pan. seems like the best way to route things.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Stealthmode has the nicest block fitting, the others require a clusterfuck of fittings
Old 04-19-2006, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (The Original Whitey)

The fast turbo return setup looks prettier, but I went with the Stealthmode kit with the firewall setup because they were on sale for $75 in January.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which oil line kit to choose? (Wilky)

The only thing that concerns me about the other kits is the return line. 1 they are straight fittings, and 2- the way they attach to the braided lines. Does any one care to add some info or experience to this. I would like to see peoples experieces on the kits. I personally like the fasturbo one just because of the 45% angled fittings, but for the price the stealthmode one looks very good and tons of people here use them.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (The Original Whitey)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The Original Whitey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Stealthmode has the nicest block fitting, the others require a clusterfuck of fittings</TD></TR></TABLE>

very true, i figure most of us end up using a firewall setup anyways so all the t's and whatnot arent necessary.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drintegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I personally like the fasturbo one just because of the 45% angled fittings, but for the price the stealthmode one looks very good and tons of people here use them. </TD></TR></TABLE>

like i mentioned before i have the fast-turbo lines, they have worked flawlessly. IMO hose ends &gt; barbs and clamps.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which oil line kit to choose? (drintegra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drintegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The only thing that concerns me about the other kits is the return line. 1 they are straight fittings, and 2- the way they attach to the braided lines. Does any one care to add some info or experience to this. I would like to see peoples experieces on the kits. I personally like the fasturbo one just because of the 45% angled fittings, but for the price the stealthmode one looks very good and tons of people here use them. </TD></TR></TABLE>

the only reason one should worry about the straight fittings is if their turbo sits extremely low. I do speak from experience, i just used one 2 weeks ago . In the end its really up to the person buy it. If you want the baller -an fittings then get the fast-turbo kit. if you want to buy the kit take it home and install buy the stealthmode kit. And as i said before with the fast/cheap-turbo kits you still have to buy the bolts for the return flange. Well one can only ASSume since its not pictured.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which oil line kit to choose? (boostedej1)

All very good info. I appreciate the help. Keep the info coming.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dpetro1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dpetro1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

like i mentioned before i have the fast-turbo lines, they have worked flawlessly. IMO hose ends &gt; barbs and clamps. </TD></TR></TABLE>

same reason Im going with the fast-turbo kit. if I have to buy the flange bolts, so be it.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dpetro1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dpetro1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">very true, i figure most of us end up using a firewall setup anyways so all the t's and whatnot arent necessary. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Does Fast-Turbo offer a firewall kit?
Old 04-19-2006, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't see the firewall kit on stealthmodeperformance website? Anyone have a link?
Old 04-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mugencrxsir1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mugencrxsir1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't see the firewall kit on stealthmodeperformance website? Anyone have a link?</TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www.stealthmodeperforma...shtml

"Stealthmode Firewall Kit
The Stealthmode Firewall Kit allows you to use an aftermarket oil pressure gauge of your choice. This kit brings out the oil source from the back of the block to your firewall with a 20" -4an line. From the tee that is included in this kit, you can route one line to your turbo using our oil line kit, and route the other line to your oil pressure gauge.

Price: $50 shipped or $30 shipped with Oil line kit purchase on the same order"
Old 04-19-2006, 03:19 PM

Default Re: (Mugencrxsir1)

Firewall kit:
http://www.stealthmodeperforma...shtml

My mission has always been to have a 100% functional, easy to install, affordable oil line kit. When I first started, I had the AN fittings on my drain line, but what I found is that
1) They add extra expense to the kit that most don't want to pay for

2) They are a very tight fit on the hose, which makes them very hard to install for my average customer.

The solution was to add the barbs and clamps. They're inexpensive, easy to install, and just as much function as anything else. I know Fast-Turbo has a very nice kit and many happy customers. I look at it like Coke and Pepsi.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:28 PM
* B A N N E D *

the stealthmode block fitting makes the choice for me soooo much easier. that and it's the most complete kit

Quick Reply: Which oil line kit to choose?