Notices

Oil line fitting for Greddy turbo

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil line fitting for Greddy turbo

I'm getting a leak at the oil feed to my turbo. The mechanic took the turbo off the car, re-sealed a new banjo bolt connecting the oil feed with teflon and this still hasn't solved the problem. It's gotten worse since the oil was changed and is starting to spray the inside of my hood a little.

I'd like to put some better quality fittings and new oil lines on this kit, but I can't find anyone who has done this with Greddy because the fittings are different. I'm NOT concerned with cost at this point (don't tell me to ditch the Greddy POS and get a T3/T4, lol) and just want my car to stop smelling and dripping! Could someone tell me what to buy? I've seen tons of pictures of Aeroquip, Earls, etc. fittings and don't know if these would work. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 07-10-2002, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Oil line fitting for Greddy turbo (JPowers)

ditch the teflon use some high temp rtv. that worked for me
Old 07-10-2002, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Oil line fitting for Greddy turbo (CovertFI)

Why not replace the line all together. I do believe its just a regular banjo bolt type of fitting with two copper washers. The Greddy supplied unit is a two piece affair. If you replace it then it will be one piece. I'm thinking about replacing mine also. I don't like the way it 'snakes' around the a/c condensor fan and the wastegate. I removed my fan to allow more room and less kinks.
Old 07-10-2002, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Oil line fitting for Greddy turbo (PressurizedSi)

Whatever it takes at this point. I'd rather just replace the line and fittings, and maybe even the return line at the same time with better quality parts. Unfortunately, I have no clue what the exact parts I need to buy would be. Who could I contact, Greddy? I don't think they'd know anything other than what they sell. If I can't put a new line and fittings on, I'll definitely give the high temp RTV a try. Smelling burning oil inside my car makes me feel like I'm driving a piece of ****!
Old 07-11-2002, 08:15 AM

Default Re: Oil line fitting for Greddy turbo (CovertFI)

CovertFI, when your car was leaking did it seem to leak in the area of the copper washers? This seems to be the area where mine is leaking. Did you just use the RTV in the threads or sandwiched between the copper washers as well? Maybe I need new washers too? Do I need to order these from Greddy? Sorry about all the questions. Thanks for the help!