Notices

oil feed line for turbo.. what to use??? HELP ASAP!!!!!!

Old 11-25-2002, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil feed line for turbo.. what to use??? HELP ASAP!!!!!!

i bought a used greddy kit for a SOHC VTEC 92-95. the T fitting, and the bolt (fuel filter style) for the oil line, and the other bolt that goes into the block where the oil sending unit is, above the oil filter. none of that was included. where the hell can i find these things local. i know where i can get the T fitting, but where to get that bolt with the hole in the side for the oil line, and the one that goes into the block that the T fitting screws to?

i know you people with your junk yard setups have to know some trick? i am tring to get this all installed tomorrow. please help me. thanks again.
Old 11-25-2002, 05:47 PM
mos
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: oil feed line for turbo.. what to use??? HELP ASAP!!!!!! (SOHC Beast)

mcmaster.com has a bunch of that crap. They ship same day.
Old 11-25-2002, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: oil feed line for turbo.. what to use??? HELP ASAP!!!!!! (mos)

ok, anybody know of anything i might be able to find local so i can drive it, it is a daily driver.. i am kinda screwed out of a car with no ride to work and all that if not?thanks though
Old 11-25-2002, 06:01 PM
mos
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: oil feed line for turbo.. what to use??? HELP ASAP!!!!!! (SOHC Beast)

Home depot or any hardware store will have some of the fittings you need. If you are desperate you can just use an NPT fitting in your block even though BSPT is better. Home depot should have barbed fittings which you can use with rubber hose to supply oil to the turbo. You need hose clamps too. And make sure the hose is pressure and temperature rated. Prolly 1/4" for the feed hose, and 5/8" for the drain hose is good. I don't think home depot has 3/16" anything.

Its better to use braided SS hose with screw in fittings though. But hey, you said you are in a hurry...
Old 11-25-2002, 08:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that bolt with teh hole in the side is used on brake calipers for the brake line also. just gotta figure out what thread it is.
Old 11-25-2002, 08:11 PM

the oil supply line that most people use should be readily available from the local hot rod shop... if I remember corectly it is a -3 line used for fuel in nitrous kits... I took my old one to the hot rod shop in my town and they had it in several lengths in stock
Old 11-26-2002, 03:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you are desperate you can just use an NPT fitting in your block even though BSPT is better. ...
what is a NPT and BSPT fitting? sorry. i am new to the turbo scene. and i have the oil return hose, and i have the oil feed hose that came with the kit, just not the peices to connect to oil pan, and where the sending unit is. thanks for the help though guys.
Old 11-26-2002, 02:56 PM
mos
Honda-Tech Member

BSPT is british standard pipe tapered, NPT is national pipe tapered I think. BSPT is the correct one for the block. NPT is what basically everything uses though. You need an adapter, or you can thread the NPT into your block at your own risk. Some people say it doesnt hurt anything.

Theres a bunch of info on this oil feed stuff if you search.