Notices

oil feed line/oil pressure sensor question

Old 04-16-2005, 01:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil feed line/oil pressure sensor question

I am gonna run my oil feed line for my turbo from the oil pressure sensor by using a "tee". It looks like this......

My question is....is that set up ok? or does my oil feed line have to point toward the top and my oil pressure sensor on the side port?
Old 04-16-2005, 02:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: oil feed line/oil pressure sensor question (JforJonathan)

actualy it dosnt matter

but i think it will be better to place the feed line insted of the oil pressure sensor.
Old 04-16-2005, 04:35 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts

Don't use the oil pressure sending unit location. Get an oil filter sandwich plate. Trust me...I speak from experience...it's worth the $50 or so for the plate.
Old 04-16-2005, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DaX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DaX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't use the oil pressure sending unit location. Get an oil filter sandwich plate. Trust me...I speak from experience...it's worth the $50 or so for the plate.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i shoulda got that...

but is this ok for temporary then? anyone else? i wouldnt think it would matter.
Old 04-16-2005, 07:24 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts

I wouldn't recommend it for even temporary use. My block cracked and leaked from there from the minute I put the tee in.
Old 04-16-2005, 09:51 AM

Use thread locker on all of these fittings, and don't OVER tighten them and you'll be fine.

I would reccomend putting the oil pressure sensor in the back, and the feedline coming off the side. Tighten the fitting into the block until that outlet on the side is facing the direction you want your oil feed to make a path to your turbo.

Old 04-16-2005, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DaX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't use the oil pressure sending unit location. Get an oil filter sandwich plate. Trust me...I speak from experience...it's worth the $50 or so for the plate.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats what i was gonna say my t broke and oil went everywhere

i went the golden eagle sandwhich
Old 04-16-2005, 10:43 AM

Default Re: (TURBODC4TEG)

He's not asking which parts to buy, he's asking the best way to setup the ones he already has.
Old 04-16-2005, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (stealthmode62)

Jeremy ran a tee like that in his car. Worked ok for a while but cracked at the auto-x and he had to have his car towed 60 miles home! hooray. Oil was everywhere...

Remember, do everything the wrong way first. This way you spend/waste more money.

Also, make sure to never listen to people that have experienced these things before. They have no idea what they are talking about. They are actually trying to ruin your life.
Old 04-16-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Re: (dustin)

I wonder if he's asking how to install that same mess you had going on. He never even mentioned what parts he's using, only that he wanted to know which line should go where.
Yes, he SHOULD listen to experience. I've sold over 600 oil line kits using our block fitting that connects to the stock oil pressure sender port. Find ONE of my customers that's had a problem.
ONE time a guy blew his motor up using a turbo kit on his honda, but that doesn't make it gospel is all I'm saying.
Old 04-16-2005, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ah ok. Well I've only seen this happen like 10 times myself... So ignore me.

I will never run a turbo off the oil feed sender again.

Also, I'm pretty sure this thread has nothing to do with your 600 oil line kits.

p.s. Picture is not of my car. I explained that in the post above.

Old 04-16-2005, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dustin.. why did he used an extention from the block to the "T"... isnt it cause more stress/weight on the block or the "T" ?

and anouther question:
how do you intall the lines if you have a sandwich?

Old 04-16-2005, 04:03 PM

No, this post has nothing to do with 600 oil line kits, but when you brought up experience as your way of checking my opinion, I thought I'd let you know a little about my experience.

If you've seen this 10 times before, than YOU probably won't run a line off the pressure sensor, but he really didn't ask what you would use. He was asking about how to set it up.

That's all I'm saying. You're experience with fittings on the pressure sensor are bad, mine have been good, and a million others have a million other things to say about it.
The fact is that there are a million and one different brass fittings, tee's, number of fittings that people have used on the back of the block, and without knowing how many fittings or what fittings he has, how can he be doomed already?

Old 04-16-2005, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The t is ghetto. Its a cheap way to get oil to your turbo. Its shotty at best. Just do it right the first time. Or you can just...........I dont know..........

argue about the shiz on the internet...

Rob
Old 04-16-2005, 08:23 PM
something different

Default Re: (rjardy)

if your gonna make a ghetto T, at least make it out of water pipe! the brass **** is just that-****.

steel water pipe works FINE. done it on MANY cars, always worked.
Old 04-16-2005, 08:43 PM

Default Re: (redzcstandardhatch)

ive seen all the different ways to T off the back oil feed. My experience is that, brass T's usually break. I'm not saying that all brass T's will break but the chances of it breaking are there. I've also seen and used the TunerToys steel T fitting, no probs, never heard of any probs.

To the original poster, I think the diagram you drew will work just fine. Although i have the pressure sensor and oil feed line oposite of you.
Old 04-16-2005, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

run a line from the block to a T mounted on the firewall
Old 04-16-2005, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

I'm running the brass tee that came with my kit. It has'nt broke yet but it does leak. I plan on getting the oil filter adapter.
Old 04-16-2005, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pdiggitydogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">run a line from the block to a T mounted on the firewall</TD></TR></TABLE>
Thats what I did.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ImAcracker)

alrite thanks for all the explanations everyone. sorry to cause such an argument. i am using an auto meter piece that screws into the block....then the tee screws into the auto meter piece. i will probably get a sandwich adapter soon...i'd hate to run into any problems with my setup.
Old 04-17-2005, 06:28 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dustin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Jeremy ran a tee like that in his car. Worked ok for a while but cracked at the auto-x and he had to have his car towed 60 miles home! hooray. Oil was everywhere...</TD></TR></TABLE>
dude, i bet you had some PISSED people waiting to run their cars... "sorry guys, there's oil all over the track, so no more runs today." id be a little bit mad.
Old 04-17-2005, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pdiggitydogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">run a line from the block to a T mounted on the firewall</TD></TR></TABLE>

that's the right way to do it. also that picture that Dustin posted, it looks like the T cracked/broke not the block. that is an awfully long extension on that T as well.
Old 04-17-2005, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Why do the t's do this? I run a T :-\
Old 04-17-2005, 08:21 AM

Default Re: (Civicman86)

weight + vibration

i run a line to the firewall for my tee also, its without a doubt much safer than the t on the block.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have the block fitting for the pressure sensor and will be running my oil feed off it and a T for a gauge, i'll let you know how it goes. ;^)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: oil feed line/oil pressure sensor question