Notices

Oil feed line help (oil pressure sensor)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil feed line help (oil pressure sensor)

Hey guys I got a 93 teg that I'm boosting and already have the whole kit on the car. The only thing that I need to do now is to install the feed and return line but I am having a bit of problem. I am having trouble installing the feed line into the back of the block (I am using t fitting) it's either I screw on the fitting first, then the feed line BUT i do not have enough space to even get the threads started. I can go ahead and screw the feed line on the feed fitting and try to put it on the block? Now I can turn the t fitting to get he thread started. The ss braided lines with that much space between the block and firewall I just cannot get either the feed line threaded onto the fitting or if the line is on the fitting I cannot get it threaded into the block. Idk if this is just a DA kinda thing I'm I pretty just called it a day and went home. Any help would be appreciated!!!
Old 03-02-2015, 08:06 AM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Oil feed line help (oil pressure sensor)

It will work fine. I assume you are trying to put the feed line into the back by what you said rather than the side? Most feed line kits are too short when you try to keep it parallel to the block hole. Try something like this:

- (Not the best picture but it's all I could find of OBD-0 blocks)

Most route it over the engine mount next to the timing covers and then to the turbo. If you can't clock it that way, thej go through the area under the distributor. Start the Tee first, put your adapter fitting in, and then put the line on. It's tight, but it's definitely doable.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok so I have the t fitting already on the back of the block, I have the sensor right behind it and trying to get the feed line started by having it come up top. I would grab the feed line but I cant bend it enough to get the threads started even so, I can't even TURN the feed line to get it started. It might some a little confusing but all the others guys (eg and rc) don't seem to have this kinda problem at all. I just do not have enough space
Old 03-02-2015, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

One end I have a aeroquip fitting and the other end I don't. Only if I have both aero quip fitting it make it a lot easier