Notices

Oil in Exhaust Port?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 05:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Oil in Exhaust Port?

So I've been having major issues with oil burning and tons of smoke from my exhaust. Initial thought it was my oil return line from my turbo or my turbine seals going bad. Turbo was fine as it was just rebuilt and no oil was found within the exhaust wheel nor compressor housing. So I pull the turbo manifold off to notice one cylinder is wet with oil vs the others with the normal exhaust soot buildup. I didn't even think about the head being an issue as the head was just rebuilt via a local machine shop not even 500 miles on the head since the rebuild with new valve stem seals etc. So I'm assuming something with the cylinder head is wrong. Compression tested the bottom end and got 175psi across the board on all cylinders. Any advice/opinions?? Thanks

Old 06-09-2019, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 286 Likes on 245 Posts
Default Re: Oil in Exhaust Port?

Valve guide or valve seal will be your potential culprits. Looks like you've also got a rowdy exhaust leak at #1 between the flange and head..
Old 06-09-2019, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Re: Oil in Exhaust Port?

Originally Posted by Txdragon
Valve guide or valve seal will be your potential culprits. Looks like you've also got a rowdy exhaust leak at #1 between the flange and head..
I figured. Yeah the top bolt was loose on that runner