Notices

oil coming from exh. ports. PCV?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2002, 03:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil coming from exh. ports. PCV?

I just got the motor back together. B18C1 w/ crower rods, je pistons, turbo, etc. I cranked it up and the car is blowing LOTS of smoke. So I pulled off the wastegate and saw that there was quite a bit of oil in the turbo manifold and the oil is coming from out of the exhaust ports from the head.

Any ideas what's causing this? The motor has new valve stems/seals, new rings, and the turbo is new so I know it's not bad seals in the turbo. And the oil return line from the turbo is fine.

One thing I did notice was that I had NO PCV valve. Instead of a PCV valve, the motor simply has has a "plastic fitting" connecting the hose from the manifold to the black canister in the back of the block.

Could this cause all that oil to be blowing out? My idle was also bad and my oil pressure was high. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 05-23-2002, 06:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: oil coming from exh. ports. PCV? (bQQsted hybrid)

I would assume you did an alignment hone prior to putting in new rings ? Do you also have a catch can setup ? (I don't see sigs at work, so don't know what motor . There is just a line from the manifold to the canister ? On some B series engines, that black canister is the PCV system, if your mani is linked to that without some type of one way valve system, you might have unnecessarily high crankcase pressure. Try disconnecting the line to the manifold, but don't disconnect from the canister (Some oil may spit from the line when loose)