Notices

Oil change.. is it the same.. change ur oil filter every other oil change for a turbo motor?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil change.. is it the same.. change ur oil filter every other oil change for a turbo motor?

money is a little tight and wondering if its the same as NA.. ive always been changing my oil filters EVERY other oil change.. ie 2,500... then another 2,500 then change oil filter.. or do turbo motors require every oil change to change the filter. and i read i should use an S2k OEM H honda oil filter.. im runnin just a JDM B18B (JDM LS) motor runnin 6 PSI daily driving. should i change my oil filter every 2,500 miles.. or every 5,000 miles is the basic question.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Oil change.. is it the same.. change ur oil filter every other oil change for a turbo motor? (JD

eh, usually i change my filter everytime i change my oil. a filters only like $6
Old 12-04-2006, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Oil change.. is it the same.. change ur oil filter every other oil change for a turbo motor? (JD

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by projEKt B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">eh, usually i change my filter everytime i change my oil. a filters only like $6</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah but the drive to the dealer and back is alot of time consuming for me.. cause im so busy with school and my life and all..
Old 12-04-2006, 05:26 PM

i always change my filter with every oil change, it just makes no sense to change ur oil without changing the filter
Old 12-04-2006, 05:33 PM

yeah i dont know why you waited to every other oil change when you NA. Every time you change your oil you have to change your filter or youll just be running nice new oil through a filter filled with dirty oil and other crap.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

iono.. i was just told a loong time ago every other oil change for filter is good.. even sometimes at work whenever id do oil change for ppls cars ppl said it isnt necessary for every oil change to change filter. but i guess ill juss change it.. cough up some change and buy a filter hahaha
Old 12-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM DC4 Jesse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah but the drive to the dealer and back is alot of time consuming for me.. cause im so busy with school and my life and all.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

learn to change your oil yourself and you'll save time AND money. it's really very simple.

honestly speaking, you probably shouldn't own a turbocharged honda if you aren't at least willing to do some basic maintenance yourself...because having someone fix the little **** that tends to come up is gonna be costly...
Old 12-04-2006, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tnt-gsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">learn to change your oil yourself and you'll save time AND money. it's really very simple.

honestly speaking, you probably shouldn't own a turbocharged honda if you aren't at least willing to do some basic maintenance yourself...because having someone fix the little **** that tends to come up is gonna be costly...</TD></TR></TABLE>
lol ddude ur fckin if u read i said AT MY WORK. that means i DO all oil changes everyday all day. tires, motor work, EVERYTHING for 8 months.. but i quit that job b/c i had to concentrate fulltime in school. i did my motor swap all my turbo **** with me and my friend by OURSELVES.. read b4 u state ur opinion.

but yeah i got my answer thanks 4 da input ppl.. even though no one really said why just stated htheir opinions ill do it anyways

Modified by JDM DC4 Jesse at 7:23 PM 12/4/2006
Old 12-04-2006, 06:30 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM DC4 Jesse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yeah but the drive to the dealer and back is alot of time consuming for me.. cause im so busy with school and my life and all.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

if the drive to the dealer is time consuming, next time you go to pick up an oil filter just order a couple more. so you'll have them stocked up at home. i do this for my spark plugs.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM DC4 Jesse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol ddude ur fckin if u read i said AT MY WORK. that means i DO all oil changes everyday all day. tires, motor work, EVERYTHING for 8 months.. but i quit that job b/c i had to concentrate fulltime in school. i did my motor swap all my turbo **** with me and my friend by OURSELVES.. read b4 u state ur opinion.

but yeah i got my answer thanks 4 da input ppl.. even though no one really said why just stated htheir opinions ill do it anyways

Modified by JDM DC4 Jesse at 7:23 PM 12/4/2006</TD></TR></TABLE>

my bad...i missed the one post where you mentioned the part about your job. i'll take my foot out of my mouth now

but yeah...i'd say change the filter every time with a turbo motor. the new oil will get dirtier much faster if you leave the old filter in. it's worth spending the extra couple bucks to protect your investment...
Old 12-04-2006, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I change mine every other , but I change my oil about every 1500 miles
Old 12-04-2006, 06:59 PM

I change my oil every 2,500. I also change my filter at the same 2,500 miles.
I think waiting untill 3,000 miles is a waste. I DONT USE A OEM HONDA filter. I use a fram.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

why not buy more than one filter when you go to the dealer?
Old 12-04-2006, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im gonna have to say it depends on the blow-by(if u have a catch can, u can see the amount) and the conditions in which u drive in(dusty, dirty **** areas or clean highways)

If its little blow-by and all highway, every other time would be fine.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gsrgoingboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I change my oil every 2,500. I also change my filter at the same 2,500 miles.
I think waiting untill 3,000 miles is a waste. I DONT USE A OEM HONDA filter. I use a fram. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry but I would never use a fram filter , OEM s2k filter is the best , do a search you will be suprised
Old 12-04-2006, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

there are some things that shouldnt be aftermarket-ed on a Honda, wich is usually more than most other car companies.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OEM Honda filters are now made by Honeywell. Honeywell Makes FRAM.

I do use OEM filters though, just buy a case of them and you will have plenty of them
Old 12-04-2006, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C1CYA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry but I would never use a fram filter , OEM s2k filter is the best , do a search you will be suprised </TD></TR></TABLE>

i searched s2k but it dsnt say WHY or how come its better.. so u are saying i should get an S2k for my BONE STOCK JDM b18B motor only doing 6 PSI daily driving very conservative driving?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93supercoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im gonna have to say it depends on the blow-by(if u have a catch can, u can see the amount) and the conditions in which u drive in(dusty, dirty **** areas or clean highways)

If its little blow-by and all highway, every other time would be fine. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i have no catch can caxuse im only boosting 6 psi and i drive in pretty clean areas.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tnt-gsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my bad...i missed the one post where you mentioned the part about your job. i'll take my foot out of my mouth now

but yeah...i'd say change the filter every time with a turbo motor. the new oil will get dirtier much faster if you leave the old filter in. it's worth spending the extra couple bucks to protect your investment...</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah its koo. ic.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by deca &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if the drive to the dealer is time consuming, next time you go to pick up an oil filter just order a couple more. so you'll have them stocked up at home. i do this for my spark plugs. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i got like 10 + extra ngk be7's or whatever . i just ddint order a pack for oil filters cause im waiting for someone i know to have a discount. but i will now.. but also ims eliln my car and gettin an s2k.. soo i mgiht as well buy a pack for s2ks lol but i need reassurace on WHY i should get an s2k oil filter rather then whats OEM