Notices

Official Injector Resistor Box Install......56k, Buy Broadband.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Official Injector Resistor Box Install......56k, Buy Broadband. (ladysman)

Nice write up thanks for the info.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:56 PM

Default Re: Official Injector Resistor Box Install......56k, Buy Broadband. (ladysman)

Man that sux,i hope I didnt mess up my ECU.I wired it according to hondata's site.
Old 09-11-2003, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Official Injector Resistor Box Install......56k, Buy Broadband. (J2turbo21)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J2turbo21 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Man that sux,i hope I didnt mess up my ECU.I wired it according to hondata's site.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yours still could be right. You need to test continuity to make sure.
Old 09-11-2003, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i wired my resistor box and injectors just like ladys man and things couldnt have gone smoother. my car idles just fine and has no hesitation. heres a for ya man for a nice, pictureful writeup
Old 09-11-2003, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Official Injector Resistor Box Install......56k, Buy Broadband. (nextelbuddy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nextelbuddy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i wired my resistor box and injectors just like ladys man and things couldnt have gone smoother. my car idles just fine and has no hesitation. heres a for ya man for a nice, pictureful writeup</TD></TR></TABLE>

Mine idle fine but had hesitation above 5k.Imma check the continuity today and see whats up.
Old 09-11-2003, 02:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Official Injector Resistor Box Install......56k, Buy Broadband. (J2turbo21)

since hondatas site has the wrong pinouts and i cant really see which ones they are on these pix above can some one tell me which ones they are, i have an 95 vx hatch if it matters
Old 09-11-2003, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Official Injector Resistor Box Install......56k, Buy Broadband. (H23vtecEG)

And I have a 92 Canadian civic CX hatch.
Old 09-11-2003, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J2turbo21 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And I have a 92 Canadian civic CX hatch.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The only thing I can add again is to check the continuity yourself. It is cake to do and well worth not having headaches.
Old 09-11-2003, 05:41 PM

Thanks man,i borrowed my friends ohm meter today but im not really sure how to check it.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:21 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J2turbo21 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And I have a 92 Canadian civic CX hatch.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I feel you there, I have a 93 Canadian CX
Old 09-11-2003, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Official Injector Resistor Box Install......56k, Buy Broadband. (TeStUdO)

Well i checked the wires that hondata recomended and one of the wires wasnt reading on the ohm meter.So i checked some others ones and spliced into there and reconnected everything.Now all the wires connected to the resistor box are reading.With out the box it was reading 80.0-81.0 and with the resistor box it reads like 19.1-19.9.I hope this is right.
Old 09-12-2003, 04:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J2turbo21 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well i checked the wires that hondata recomended and one of the wires wasnt reading on the ohm meter.So i checked some others ones and spliced into there and reconnected everything.Now all the wires connected to the resistor box are reading.With out the box it was reading 80.0-81.0 and with the resistor box it reads like 19.1-19.9.I hope this is right.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You realize you are checking ohm (Impedance) and not continuity (which shows what wires you are needing to solder too)? You need to check continuity.
Old 09-12-2003, 10:28 AM

How do i check for continutiy?I found this searching HT,so where should be sticking the red and black things from the volt meter at?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">checking for continuity means to check that the 2 plces in question have a connection. For example if you test for continuity at both ends of a piece of wire, you should have continuity, unless the wire is cut somewhere. Also, there should be continuity between the car's - battery terminal and chassis ground. If your voltmeter has ohms reading, continuity would be 0 or close to it. If you touch the 2 leads together you should get close to 0(.01 or something). </TD></TR></TABLE>

Modified by J2turbo21 at 7:39 PM 9/12/2003
Old 09-12-2003, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well all i can say is i dont know what kind of voltmeter ladysman has becuase every volt merter i have had does not say CONTINUITY on it. it drove me crayz and he kept sayin check continuity check continuity. well i just played with every setting on my voltmeter and i found one setting that showed the numeric "1" and wouldnt show anythign else until i touched on of the volt meter leads to one end of the wire and the other end of the voltmeter lead to another end if the wire and then it started showing current i guess. liek for example i put one lead in the yellow black wire in the injector clip and then tested every yellow and black wire in that distribution block with the other voltmeter lead and none of them made the voltmeter say anythin until i touched the right one thats how i knew which wire to cut. then i did the same thing to the other 3 injector clips and i double checked each one just to be sure. sure enough that worked.

like i said befoer i dont know what kind of voltmeter ladys man has that says plani jan CONTINUITY on it. that irritated the **** out of me but at least i found a way that worked for me
Old 09-12-2003, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Official Injector Resistor Box Install......56k, Buy Broadband. (nextelbuddy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nextelbuddy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well all i can say is i dont know what kind of voltmeter ladysman has becuase every volt merter i have had does not say CONTINUITY on it. it drove me crayz and he kept sayin check continuity check continuity. well i just played with every setting on my voltmeter and i found one setting that showed the numeric "1" and wouldnt show anythign else until i touched on of the volt meter leads to one end of the wire and the other end of the voltmeter lead to another end if the wire and then it started showing current i guess. liek for example i put one lead in the yellow black wire in the injector clip and then tested every yellow and black wire in that distribution block with the other voltmeter lead and none of them made the voltmeter say anythin until i touched the right one thats how i knew which wire to cut. then i did the same thing to the other 3 injector clips and i double checked each one just to be sure. sure enough that worked.

like i said befoer i dont know what kind of voltmeter ladys man has that says plani jan CONTINUITY on it. that irritated the **** out of me but at least i found a way that worked for me</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ah, it may not say it but MOST voltmeters have it. My $10 radio shack one does. It doesn't even give a reading. It just beeps if it senses you are on the right wires. Pretty easy.

Oh and you said: liek for example i put one lead in the yellow black wire in the injector clip and then tested every yellow and black wire in that distribution block with the other voltmeter lead and none of them made the voltmeter say anythin until i touched the right one
This is what checking continuity means.
Old 09-12-2003, 06:08 PM

just set the meter to OHMS and if your meter is good it'll BEEP when you short circuit the wire (meaning you found continunity)

some more exp. meters have OHM + LOGIC, meaning it's for logic circuits (AND OR NOR XOR NOT) etc.. so that works too

even analog i know how to do it... just watch the ohm meter, it should be like at infinity OHMS when not touching anything and when you short it, it'll be ZERO ohms, so when you find the wire it's ZERO or shorted out.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:41 PM

Default Re: Official Injector Resistor Box Install......56k, Buy Broadband. (2000vsm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2000vsm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">even analog i know how to do it... just watch the ohm meter, it should be like at infinity OHMS when not touching anything and when you short it, it'll be ZERO ohms, so when you find the wire it's ZERO or shorted out.</TD></TR></TABLE>

OK well I checked continuity and its right.I set it to make sounds and I stuck the black side into the injector clip and the red side to the distribution block,it had some letters like OL at first and when i touched the right pin it beeped and read 0.I did this to each injector clip and it beeps ONLY ON 1 pin for each injector clip.

I also checked the pins hondata listed and it seems one of them wasn't the right pin.From what it sounds like I did it the right way now
Old 09-13-2003, 04:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J2turbo21 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

OK well I checked continuity and its right.I set it to make sounds and I stuck the black side into the injector clip and the red side to the distribution block,it had some letters like OL at first and when i touched the right pin it beeped and read 0.I did this to each injector clip and it beeps ONLY ON 1 pin for each injector clip.

I also checked the pins hondata listed and it seems one of them wasn't the right pin.From what it sounds like I did it the right way now </TD></TR></TABLE>

Go to hear you got the right ones!!!
Old 09-13-2003, 01:15 PM

Thanks for the help also Hopefully there isnt any hesitation like there was before i re-did the wiring.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was just wondering how many people actually go off of hondata's site to connect their resistor box without knowing.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Official Injector Resistor Box Install......56k, Buy Broadband. (racinskittle)

Someone should email them or something.
Old 09-20-2003, 09:04 PM

to all you who have successfully done this, can you update hondata's pinout? here it is below, thanks.

Old 09-20-2003, 09:14 PM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I sent them an email with this link included.
Old 09-20-2003, 09:23 PM

nice write-up with pics
Old 09-20-2003, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Official Injector Resistor Box Install......56k, Buy Broadband. (cornhusker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cornhusker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">to all you who have successfully done this, can you update hondata's pinout? here it is below, thanks.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

From the pic i did the bottom left,top left,2nd top left,and last top right.What did you guys do?

Quick Reply: Official Injector Resistor Box Install......56k, Buy Broadband.