Notices

NX Direct Port

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NX Direct Port

I have 4CYL GASOINE EFI DIRECT-PORT NITROUS KIT PSI-NX-80004-10.

I need to know how to set up the fuel to the solnoid.
I have read efi install pdf and nozzles install pdf.

The efi makes the most sense but it is not for direct port - should I follow it anyway? The nozzle pdf seems to be for a carb setup.

I called nx regarding jet sizes and they said for 100+ shot I need to set the fuel pressure to the solnoid at 40 psi, and for <100, set the pressure to 10 psi. How do I do this? I can't lower the pressure on my regulater to 10 psi, the car won't run.

Would the master flo check regulate pressure so I can set it to whatever I need? here is the pdf for it.

I would really appriciate any help and clarification, and don't assume I know anything. My kit didn't come with instructions, am I correct in assuming that one of those pdf files nx has is the instructions I would have gotten?

And if anyone has a jet chart for my kit please post it, I called nx 8 times and each time they gave me a different answer.

Modified by slashDEVslashNULL at 9:21 AM 10/5/2003
Old 10-05-2003, 10:13 AM
New User

Default Re: NX Direct Port (slashDEVslashNULL)

NX was saying that you should T off your fuel line and run one line to the fuel rail and run one to a second fpr. Set the second fpr to NX's recommended psi and jet the kit accordingly. You can adjust the second fpr to tune your AF while spraying. That's the right way to do it. Most people just T off their stock fuel line or fuel rail and run it directly to the noid. Then they adjust their fuel with different jetting combos or a VAFC. The first method is the more accurate one.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:52 AM

Default Re: NX Direct Port (laughinxxx)

But wouldn't the line I splice into have the same pressure as what is at the rail since the fpr blocks fuel to increase pressure? How would the second fpr work?

How does the master flo-check work? and what does it do - does it act like a fpr?
Old 10-05-2003, 11:38 AM

How would I install the second fpr then? The solenoid doesn't have a pass thru like the rail.

HELP!

Old 10-05-2003, 02:03 PM

I just don't get how the second fpr would work. I splice the line after the fuel filter before the rail, run it to a reg. like the aeromotive, but from the reg how do I hook up the solnoid. See, the way I am thinking is that the line I spliced goes to the rail then to the fpr, the fpr blocks fuel to raise pressure and releases execess to the return.

Following that model I can't figure out for the life of me how to hook up a second fpr. Another thing is since they both run off the same line, when one increases pressure wouldn't the other just start releaseing more?

The only way I can see it working is if there are two pumps.