Notices

Now Available: FPR without a diaphragm

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now Available: FPR without a diaphragm

A while back I posted a thread to get some feedback about a new FPR I’ve designed. I was asked to post when this FPR became available from various dealers, etc.

Here are some of the main points with this FPR:

*Absolutely no diaphragm, eliminates the use of diaphragms altogether
*Use as 1:1 for all motor, or 12:1 for starter turbo kit, or pure 1:1 for EMS, Uberdata, Hondata, etc.
*Adjustable static fuel pressure
*Interchangeable bypass fittings to adjust for different flow fuel pumps
*Rising rate ratio is infinitely adjustable between 1:1 and 12:1
*Designed to take a direct injection of Nitrous, so you can raise fuel pressure for a dry system
*Smaller in major diameter than AEM FPR for size references
*Bolts straight onto OEM and aftermarket fuel rails
*One part # will fit all Honda models

Here it is installed on an S2000

Old 01-20-2006, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

spring and piston?
Old 01-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Now Available: FPR without a diaphragm (Synapse)

what kidna warranty comes with this?
Old 01-20-2006, 05:47 PM

Default Re: (Mr. Helsinki)

Terve

Spring, multi-tier piston, axial seal of engineered polymer. Sealing increases with pressure, 800 psi burst pressure.

This product is warrantied against defects. Our distribution network will handle warranties. Straight swap on defective product. If a seal goes bad, it is easily replaced. Defects will mostly come from out of spec machining.

Old 01-20-2006, 05:57 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: (Synapse)

whats the highest the static pressure can be adjusted and how high will it regulate? methanol compatible? also how much will it flow? (most likely using mech. fuel pump)
Old 01-20-2006, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wantboost)

what do you mean by it has no diaphram and why is that an advantage?
Old 01-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Mikey3000)

how much?
Old 01-20-2006, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mikey3000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mikey3000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what do you mean by it has no diaphram and why is that an advantage?</TD></TR></TABLE>
The diaphram is usually the part that fails in other fuel pressure regulators like stock and AEM.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks nice.....i'd like to know more info
Old 01-20-2006, 07:33 PM

Default Re: (komat)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by komat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how much?</TD></TR></TABLE>
x2
Old 01-20-2006, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have one for sale if anyone is interested. Email or Pm with requests. I decieded to go with a s300 for fuel control.

thanks
Old 01-20-2006, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

does this fpr have a gauge port?
Old 01-20-2006, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I can see people really liking this due to the adjustible 1:1-12:1 feature. Theres a lot of people who want to do low psi with a fmu, then up it after getting an ems. Unless its ungodly expensive and not advertised/pushed in anyway, I can see it selling quite well.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Synapse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A while back I posted a thread to get some feedback about a new FPR I’ve designed. I was asked to post when this FPR became available from various dealers, etc.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I remember that topic I'm getting 1 for my v6 .
Old 01-20-2006, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a question why no an fitting's for high pressure like that, I would think you'd stay away from nipples ?

Your old thread about it
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1314948
Old 01-20-2006, 10:57 PM

Default Re: (MidShipCivic)

How much and ehere do i order.That is a fantastic design.Great job
Old 01-21-2006, 12:57 AM

If you guys want to see exactly how it works, I uploaded the installation and tuning manual in .pdf

http://www.synapseengineering....l.pdf

wantboost- With the standard installed spring, you can run up to 70 psi at idle with vaccum using the Walbro pump, and as low as 20 psi, it is methanol compatible with different seals that will be made available later. On a bypass regulator flow isn't really a big issue, you're leaking fuel to maintain fuel pressure, so let's just say that it can support 1100 hp or keep your idle pressure low even with a Walbro and an inline.

Mikey3000- Why no diaphragm, because the diaphragm has to deflect before it even moves the valve to regulate pressure and then it is non-linear in actuation, the diaphragm also introduces more noise via fuel pulsation into the fuel rail, depending on the temperature the response of the diaphragm will also vary. Synchronic is easily rebuilt with new seals.

beyond-redline - You may still want to keep it to trim down a 255 walbro when off boost which you can't do with a factory FPR

integra3586 - No gauge port, why? A gauge is spring loaded and will only introduce further noise to the valving and actuation function of the FPR, so I eliminated this option on this model. Besides it is much better to get the gauge read straight off the rail, not the chamber where fuel pressure is being dumped. You will want to know what the injector is getting for pressure, not the FPR.

HiProfile- There are alot of budget guys out there, I just wanted to make a product that will meet everyone's needs at all stages of their project so that you can take that extra savings on multiple regulators/FMUs along the way and spend it on something else. One thing you can do too, is to run bigger injectors and trim it down with pure static pressure, or trim the entire fuel curve with a bigger bypass fitting (included), or apply vaccum to the reverse ratio.

MidShipCivic- This model that is released now, SC001 is made to be a direct replacement for the stock unit. Having threaded returns standard, will force the 95% of users to source AN fittings and lines, when all they want is bolt-on. The nipple is only on the return side which isn't pressurized. The inlet side is o-ringed to 3mm vs the stock 2 mm. The factory return line will support 500+HP. The key word is return, you need fuel supplied to the injector, not bypassed from it to make power. Besides, for your V6, I think that you'll want to wait for our universal unit that will have (4) -6 and (2) -10 inlets and a -8 return. Although this universal unit will only be 2:1 at most and designed for full race.

I told ArtTurbo I wouldn't post pricing, but I think retail would be OK

$219 retail - Why? Vortech/Cartech/Paxton retail ~$339 for a 12:1. AEM $227 for a 1:1 and still uses a diaphragm

One of the HT vendors sells this as well, PM StreetRays to setup a group buy

Old 01-21-2006, 01:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks like a great product and a great price.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Oyvind Ryeng)

u should have another model that has threaded holes... and i read your reponse.

nipples
Old 01-21-2006, 09:49 AM

Default Re: (shortyz21)

I'm designing a fitting with male threads that you can buy instead of the nipple, but I have to be honest in that I'm not a big fan of threaded fittings. I don't think most people realize that NPT or pipe thread is meant to be used once. They seal by crushing threads against one another, so the next time you try to use it, the threads have already been crushed the first time.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:40 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

well the reason i ask about flow is that the pump moves about 2500lbs/hr at 60 psi at 5k (half motor speed, so 10k motor) so my concern is that the regulator can bypass enough fuel
Old 01-21-2006, 02:02 PM

Great Point, thanks for clarifying.

Here's what you do: Unlike the Aeromotive and SX, you can change your bypass diameter to compensate for the higher flow pump at idle and off boost.

I'll use my test mule as an example, S2000 running the Walbro 255. With the OEM regulator, I couldn't get the fuel pressure lower than 50 psi even when vaccum was applied to the FPR. So I installed the Synchronic unit with the smallest bypass fitting that comes pre-installed (same orifice diameter as stock). I still couldn't drop fuel pressure lower than 50 psi. So I changed out to the larger fitting, by .5 mm (comes stock with 2 additional fittings in the box). Voila, happy idle at 41 psi under vaccum.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Synapse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you guys want to see exactly how it works, I uploaded the installation and tuning manual in .pdf

MidShipCivic- This model that is released now, SC001 is made to be a direct replacement for the stock unit. Having threaded returns standard, will force the 95% of users to source AN fittings and lines, when all they want is bolt-on. The nipple is only on the return side which isn't pressurized. The inlet side is o-ringed to 3mm vs the stock 2 mm. The factory return line will support 500+HP. The key word is return, you need fuel supplied to the injector, not bypassed from it to make power. Besides, for your V6, I think that you'll want to wait for our universal unit that will have (4) -6 and (2) -10 inlets and a -8 return. Although this universal unit will only be 2:1 at most and designed for full race.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Eh but I'm not that 95% there's more and more ppl here who ditch oem lines and go for braided.

Methanol friendly is a must but the adjustablility common... 2:1 give more love I like good idle too. For the universal guys .
Old 01-21-2006, 02:18 PM

Default Re: (MidShipCivic)

No worries, I have a fitting for braided in the works. Yes, you have to demand good idle from any FPR. If you're driving your car on the street, you also have to demand that it retains fuel pressure in the rail, so that it starts right away.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (shortyz21)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shortyz21 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nipples </TD></TR></TABLE>

heh, i *had* to quote that one

$219 retail sounds good in compairison. Hopefully the group buy will be a sweet deal. I'm not looking for anything beyond 400whp ever, at least on my daily driver. All I want is something beyond this 'cosmo racing' pos I got for free. But I haven't got a different one since I've heard of B&M and AEM's failing the same way. The one thing I'm curious is the testing done so far - as in how much hrs or whatever - just so that ver1 of the product doesn't prove any issues later. Not trying to stir contorversy, its just that NOTHING is ever made perfect.

Quick Reply: Now Available: FPR without a diaphragm