Notices

Not quite noob questions... B18C5 Supercharger Project

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 Not quite noob questions... B18C5 Supercharger Project

I've searched and read and searched and read... then I googled and read, etc. so I was hoping I could get some clarifications.

A few things, I don't want turbo, I have read plenty on the pros and cons and for me having the LSD and full 98 ITR setup is all about throttle response (at least for me). Supercharger is where I'm heading. I'm quite happy to make about 250 HP... this is a DD that can't blow-up.

#1) I am looking for a JRSC (it seems). I don't know if there are others that can fit my engine, just that most people get those. So first, thing first. Are there other reasonable options for me besides a JRSC? (Toronto, Ontario, Canada... California shops, etc are too far!)

#2) I have pretty much been convinced from my research that I *should* get an intercooler... not that I *need* one... but if I am going to SC that it's going to make the SC produce more boost and do it safely... all day long. (I do long drives in this car, 3-4 hour drives are not uncommon) Brands and options? Is right?

#3) What kind of money am I looking at? Any ballpark figures would be great (or websites that have what I need and I can do the math) I need to start breaking the news to the wife that I need some upgrades!

#4) If I wanted to 'build the internals' what would I need? (and the cost) Will that make it safer... or safer plus more power...?

I see many threads around but they are from years ago... I don't know if they are relevant / accurate anymore. For example some people said there was fitment issues... but I would think that would get fixed if there were...?

I'll take links, etc. it's not about me not wanting to research, but even the stickies seem to mostly turbo info. I don't want turbo and I 'm not looking to be a mechanic here... what do I need to buy, pay to have installed, will my car be safe without risk of boom (I have a very good tuner that will be doing my tune)

This is going in a 93 del sol, currently making 185HP with intake, exhaust and tune.

Please help!