Notices

Noob on turbo have ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob on turbo have ?'s

ok i have a b18c1 stock bottom end port head, ctr cams, cam gears, rev valve train, my turbo is sc3431E i have intercooler delta wastegate, well i ran my car with stock injectors and it ran fine am boosting like 4 pounds and i get a engine light and its a map sensor but thats not my question i purchase some 880 presicion injectors and put them on with aem fpr and my car started to bog and white smoke cam out and turns off like doesnt have that much fuel... well what can i do to make my car run good, do i need a resistor box thats what i was going to do next and i have walbro fuel pump coming too.... am thinking getting my car tuned soon like in a month or so what else ya think i should get before i get it tuned and sorry for these noob question i never had a boosted car first project
Old 05-29-2007, 06:46 PM

what are you using for engine management?
Old 05-29-2007, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Noob on turbo have ?'s (b16joehb)

how about don't start your car again untill everything is in and tuned
sounds like you might have blown your HG
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1024174
Old 05-29-2007, 06:48 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16joehb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> am thinking getting my car tuned soon like in a month or so what else ya think i should get before i get it tuned and sorry for these noob question i never had a boosted car first project </TD></TR></TABLE>
it's not tuned yet lol
Old 05-29-2007, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Noob on turbo have ?'s (95jeremie)

if your running your car with peak and holds without a resistor box, that is a very bad idea. i can only hope you dont drive it until you do that. with such large injectors i would think your flooding the cylinders, however you may have already damaged the ecu and the injectors may not be working correctly.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no engine managment was thinking bout chrome.... and blown head gasket i just turn on my car and started to bog so i turned it off thats it the car wasnt on for that long only like a minute or less
Old 05-29-2007, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (b16joehb)

am new to injectors too whats peak and hold and how can i tell i guess i ask the guy that sold them to me
Old 05-29-2007, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Noob on turbo have ?'s (NumberB)

they are more than likely peak and holds because most injectors over 550 are peak and hold. saturated injectors are high impedence while peak and holds are low impedence. If they are indeed precision 880s then they are peak and hold injectors and you should install a resistor box before you drive it at all.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cool will do and i also have a fmu on my car and they telling to take it off so should i
Old 05-29-2007, 07:20 PM

even with a resistor box, your ecu will think its firing 240cc injectors when it is firing injectors roughly 4 times larger, aka 4x the necessary fuel. more than likely you have already done a lot of damage to the motor boosting 4psi on it, as well as running this 880cc injectors now. i would take a step back and do a LOT more research as to what it require for a forced induction setup on your car.

get with a local tuner and find out what you need.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

k
Old 05-29-2007, 07:42 PM

fmu= trash
Old 05-31-2007, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (95jeremie)

Wow, no offence, but you need to either do lots more research and learning, to truly understand what an engine needs to be healthy and what mods require what changes, or have somone who knows there stuff advise you whenever you alter anything on your engine.

Mind me asking how u set the fuel pressure with the fpr? Or did you just pop it in with the injectors and start driving boosted with a stock ECU.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16joehb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> ok i have a b18c1 stock bottom end port head, ctr cams, cam gears, rev valve train, my turbo is sc3431E i have intercooler delta wastegate, well i ran my car with stock injectors and it ran fine am boosting like 4 pounds and i get a engine light and its a map sensor but thats not my question i purchase some 880 presicion injectors and put them on with aem fpr and my car started to bog and white smoke cam out and turns off like doesnt have that much fuel... well what can i do to make my car run good, do i need a resistor box thats what i was going to do next and i have walbro fuel pump coming too.... am thinking getting my car tuned soon like in a month or so what else ya think i should get before i get it tuned and sorry for these noob question i never had a boosted car first project </TD></TR></TABLE>

So let me get this straight:

You have a GSR motor with different pistons, cams, and head running stock injectors and ECU. Then you put a turbo on it with no EM. Drive that for a while and then throw in 880's (probably peak and hold) and a FPR (set to what?)?

As stated before, the white smoke is more than likely a blown head gasket. There's probably more damage done from boosting on the stock injectors. The CEL you were getting was from the stock ECU seeing boost and not knowing what it was. It's not running now because the ECU doesn't know you put in 4x larger injectors so it's dumping huge amounts of fuel in.

There's way too much stuff to go over. You need to get with a professional.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:57 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have any kind of management system or did you just throw everything together and hope that it worked??

If i'm reading this correctly, which i think i am, this is one of the dumbest god damn threads in a while.....you can't just put everything together and "hope" that it works.....

Stock injectors are 240cc....you're running 880cc...imagine why there may be a problem.....
Old 05-31-2007, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (Schister66)

Hondas are not like MAF-based cars (nissans, mustangs, etc), which can make major corrections by themselves. They require you to 'tell' it every mod, which means it must be retuned for each part, especially if you have a turbo on it.

To give you an idea, my stock d16z6 should make 95ish whp since it uses 8.4:1CR forged pistons at 0psi, and I know at 6psi it makes 160whp - and thats with a T3 turbo and stock cat/exhaust. You have a turbo that flows &gt;50% more, bigger cams, and likely something besides a stock exhaust. With a smaller turbo, an FMU, and a stock B18C1, my bro's old teg made 250whp. Now for the info that ties this all together: 240cc injectors can't do more than 175whp on a boosted motor (no fmu, 50psi fuel). In other words, you've so far used injectors that were about half the size as you needed, and then switched to ones 4x as big w/o addressing the fact it will squirt 4x as much fuel at EVERY RPM, every load point.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Schister66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this is one of the dumbest god damn threads in a while.....you can't just put everything together and "hope" that it works.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

I feel your pain
Old 05-31-2007, 08:14 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (HiProfile)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HiProfile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">3364 posts [100%]
b00sting my D16s SoWis
1-25-2005
</TD></TR></TABLE>

you joined on my birthday!

That is a good explanation though...

To the OP: What are you going to use for management because you need something....i would try http://www.j-k-tuning.com and get a chipped P28 on crome w/ a conversion harness....that's the cheapest and easiest way to go....then you have to find a tuner....
Old 06-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok... lets get something straight i havent driven my car for that much the most maybe a mile just around my neighborhood just to see if my turbo was boosting and boost 4 lbs... i have a mugen chip ecu i put 880 injector and i found out i had one bad injector so i put 450s and now its running good BUT am not driving it cause want to get it tuned before anything i took the fmu out too so am letting my tunner to adjust anything to make my car run like it suppose to cause am new to this turbo stuff
Old 06-05-2007, 09:05 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16joehb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok... lets get something straight i havent driven my car for that much the most maybe a mile just around my neighborhood just to see if my turbo was boosting and boost 4 lbs... i have a mugen chip ecu i put 880 injector and i found out i had one bad injector so i put 450s and now its running good BUT am not driving it cause want to get it tuned before anything i took the fmu out too so am letting my tunner to adjust anything to make my car run like it suppose to cause am new to this turbo stuff</TD></TR></TABLE>

wtf??? Now you have a different story.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

how? i driven my car around the block with stock injectors then i put the 880 and didnt drive it cause it was bogging and was on less then i minute so i was checking the injectors and saw that one of them was messed up so i had some 450 dsm and add those on and turned on like nothing but havent driving it and getting tow to my tunner in a month
Old 06-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i kinda doubt that you're going to not drive it, and tow it to the tuner in a month.

anyway, you forgot to put in the resistor box with the dsm 450's too. do a little more reading out on these boards before you seriously damage something (if you already haven't)
Old 06-06-2007, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh already install the resistor box already when i checked the 880s and trust me i wont drive it i have other cars to mess with