Notices

No oil from oil pressure sender outlet?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2002, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No oil from oil pressure sender outlet?????

So we pulled the distributor cap to crank over the car and prime the turbo. Crank over the car a few times and wait for oil to come out the oil feed line. Nothing. I thought my connections somewhere might be stopping the oil feed. I took the line off my connections that go into the block. So I have the fitting that actually screws into the block then the 1/8 to -4an fitting. Crank the car over again, still nothing. I pull all the fittings off the block expecting oil to start spewing or atleast dripping out. Nothing again. So I have no fitting whatever-so-ever on the oil pressure sender and there is nothing coming out, we even tried cranking it like that..nada. So, I took off the oil filter, again expecting some oil to come out. Nothing in the oil filter?!?? What is going on? Do I need to keep on cranking? The motor has been oil free for a few days and draining the whole time (ie: no oil pan was attached). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. This is the only thing holding me back from boost tonight...so far

Justin

p.s.- yes there is oil in the car...

[Modified by justinCO, 10:08 PM 10/27/2002]
Old 10-27-2002, 08:09 PM
Banned

Default Re: No oil from oil pressure sender outlet????? (justinCO)

hmmmm.......was it working 2 days ago? that is weird as ****
Old 10-27-2002, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: No oil from oil pressure sender outlet????? (ON POINT. EK FOR SALE)

Yes it was working fine. I was driving the car while it was still n/a a week ago. I put 4.2qt's in the car like the Helms says. Maybe the oil pickup in the pan isn't getting any oil? I might add the rest of my 5th quart to see if that helps at all.

Oh, we also tried just hooking up the oil feed to the turbo and priming it that way to see if the system needed to be all hooked up to generate pressure. We cranked it with all the oil lines hooked up, then pulled the feed line from the turbo, and nothing still...*sigh* Any other suggestions?

Justin

[Modified by justinCO, 10:56 PM 10/27/2002]
Old 10-27-2002, 10:26 PM

please help!!! im out here working with him & we want to start up this biatch!!!!
Old 10-28-2002, 02:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: No oil from oil pressure sender outlet????? (b18cya)

Well, we got it working finally. The system would never pump oil through the feed line with the distributor off. So, I knew the turbo was pre-oiled from the factory so I attached the oil feed line so the oil system was all hooked up. Hooked up the distributor and started the car. Let it idle for 10 seconds then shut it off. Pulled the oil feed line and we had oil to the turbo. So, priming the turbo w/ the distributor off did nothing for us for some reason, but it worked fine with just idling the car for 10 seconds.

Justin
Old 10-28-2002, 02:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Honestly i have neer had a b series motor apart, but i know that in allot of motors, the distributor actually turns the oil pump either through gears or a shaft. Maybe thats why it didnt work.

Rob
Old 10-28-2002, 02:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: No oil from oil pressure sender outlet????? (rjardy)

Well in the case of a B-Series the oils pump is run off of the crank.... Very weird problem though..
Old 10-28-2002, 04:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F@CKER! hehe thats was my idea. i thought it might have had something to do with it. in a way it was something electrical then . heh damn i wanted to see that start up too.
Old 10-28-2002, 01:07 PM

Default Re: No oil from oil pressure sender outlet????? (monicle)

well, the oil pump apparrently cant create enough oil pressure by just cranking the engine over with the starter...thats why we werent getting any oil. when we put the dist. cap back on & idled the motor for 10 seconds, the oil pump worked just fine & oil was being fed to the turbo

[Modified by b18cya, 3:08 PM 10/28/2002]