Notices

no dual valve springs on exhaust side need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no dual valve springs on exhaust side need help

well it finally warmed up enough to bring my civic home and i decided to fix all the small oil leaks on the head that the previous owner failed to do correctly buti have un covered worse things. the exhaust cam does not have dual valve spring and the intake does have them tho they are both itr cams and my goals are to take it to 9000 or higher with 18 to 20 lbs of boost do i need to upgrade valve springs or are those fine only having singles on exhaust side
Old 03-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: no dual valve springs on exhaust side need help

i tried loading pictures of it but not working the intake side have greeen color on them and by my research they are the itr exhaust springs and they are on the intake and the exhaust side have a yelloyish strip on them and are single. not sure if they are just the outer itr intakes also but i did find a set of oem itr intake springs for 95 online new could i just buy those and put those on intake and put the green one where they are suppose to go?
Old 03-13-2010, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: no dual valve springs on exhaust side need help

If your trying to rev your motor up that high and using forced induction, I wouldn't risk running ITR springs in general. Save up the extra cash and buy a set of your favorite manufacture's springs. You'll thank yourself in the long run and wont have to deal with valve float or the changes of dropping a valve.